• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's not often I find a trailer that provokes such a strong reaction in my gut but gosh does this movie mark a new low in the careers of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jackie Chan.

It doesn't look bad in a watchable kind of way. It just looks bad. Thoughts?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
CG budget of 5, not dollars just 5. And the audio was recorded in a toilet.

I have a feeling Arnold and Jackie are in the movie for like 10 minutes.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
669723214473199626.png

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
How many plots does the movie have?

Also, it looks incredibly clear that Arnold and Jackie are in the movie for one fight scene and then that's it.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
I feel that Arnold is only in that one scene in the tower and Jackie Chan probably has most of his screen time there too.

They felt wholly removed from the main narrative.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen better CGI from late 90's PSX games.

But it could be a fun 'turn off your brain' movie. I like those sometimes.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
This is actually Viy 2, a sequel to the Russian fantasy movie that was known internationally as Forbidden Kingdom but is being advertised as a stand alone film for it's US release. Arnie and Jackie's roles are not much more than extended cameos too.

What a weird quagmire of localisations.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Arnold and Jackie will be lucky to have 20 minutes of screen time combined.

Looks like it's a completely unrelated plot thread.

Oct 30, 2017
Jackie and Arnold really look like they are only in one scene judging by how they are both only in one area for that fight and the rest of the trailer is all over the place with other actors.

I am saddened. :(

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The CG looks like one of those Game of War or FFXV:New Empire mobile game ads you'd see on TV - impressive, for a mobile game...

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
This looks like the kind of terrible that I end up loving unapologetically, like Sharknado.

I'm in.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Arnold and Jackie will be lucky to have 20 minutes of screen time combined.

Looks like it's a completely unrelated plot thread.
Jackie and Arnold really look like they are only in one scene judging by how they are both only in one area for that fight and the rest of the trailer is all over the place with other actors.

I am saddened. :(
yeah, seems like it. Hopefully everyone is wrong

kowhite

May 14, 2019
It's funny how's there's no mention that this is actually the sequel to Viy from 2014 (Jason Flemying is the actual star). I think that was purely a Russian production.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
It looks like a worse version of that movie with Jackie and Jet Li and some random kid who fight some evil empress and Jet is the monkey king.
Edit:
This is actually Viy 2, a sequel to the Russian fantasy movie that was known internationally as Forbidden Kingdom but is being advertised as a stand alone film for it's US release. Arnie and Jackie's roles are not much more than extended cameos too.

What a weird quagmire of localisations.
Holy shit lmao

edit edit:
Oh wait I'm thinking of a different Forbidden Kingdom I guess lol. Google says Viy is Forbidden Empire except in the UK.

Still waiting for King Conan Arnie.

This should have been the movie for them to team up!

Conan must protect the answer to the riddle of steel from a master of the drunken fist, who is just trying to find a worthy opponent to fight.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Seems pretty self-aware in it's over the top goofiness and bad CG. I wonder how much they got paid.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Is this a produced by Sony? Because I swear, they have CGI from a Playstation 2.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I was on board with this dumb shit BEFORE the dragon and the rock man showed up.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how's there's no mention that this is actually the sequel to Viy from 2014 (Jason Flemying is the actual star). I think that was purely a Russian production.
Oh, so it's just the marketing guys deciding that no one in America cares about that shit so let's have the most bankable stars be front and center even though they barely get any screentime and aren't the main characters.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Good to see this finally come out.

Jackie vs Arnold should be fun, although looking at the trailer I get the feeling that Jackie and Arnold's roles are probably going to be small.

Oct 25, 2017
Are we sure this isn't an ad for some mobile game?

I'm also putting money on Jackie Chan and Arnold only have one scene in this movie.