• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
But the future timeline was not a good point of this last season of Arrow. There also doesn't seem to be enough plot there to sustain a new series.
The future timeline was a weak point of Arrow last season, so I'd agree it wasn't done well, but I think that was mostly down to the plotting and the necessity to tie it to the present-day storyline. That meant that pacing was dictated by the present-day storyline, and also random secrets were pointlessly kept hidden just to be revealed later for the sake of the present-day plot (though people keeping secrets for absolutely no reason is pretty much Arrowverse tradition anyway).

The future setting itself isn't a terrible one, with the concept of a futuristic Utopian portion of a city is forced to deal with an urban dystopia that it walled itself away from. There's lots of stuff that can be done with that. Whether the show's writers will be up to it is a whole other question, but if they aren't, it won't be the timeline or the setting that are the biggest problem.

Okay but like what if the future timeline show was more than just really bad wigs and makeup? Arrow Beyond?

Tbh though I think it will take place in the present timeline.
If it were set in the present timeline...it'd have to start off with a time travel plot convenience to get Mia back to the present day. I guess that's not much of a stretch for the Arrowverse but I don't think they'd have gone to the trouble of all that setup last season to just stick to the present day.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
Nah, I'm good.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Finsertcoin%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F02%2Fdoom1.jpg

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they give Katherine McNamara some acting lessons in advance, even for CW standards she was pretty dire in Arrow S7.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm very glad Arrow is ending, I don't want anymore but hey might be something for others. Really most of them should be shutting up shop, they are pretty bad these days but I'm there for Crisis!

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
what happened to that actress?

0e5e6fac6b2b41db3c5ff9853e2653e8.jpg

Eh, it's pretty simple, people change as they get older, change hair style, make up. Fringe means less face, she didn't extend her face, older loses puppy fat so she has a more defined jaw, mouth is more open in one pick, got fitter, slimmer adds to that. That's it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched Arrow since the end of S4. Is Mia Smoak supposed to be Felicity's daughter (with someone not Oliver I guess)?

Also, wasn't Dinah Laurel's name?

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Not really sure they can carry a show, feels like this year is a great jumping off point from the Arrowverse if it is the end of Legends as well.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched Arrow since the end of S4. Is Mia Smoak supposed to be Felicity's daughter (with someone not Oliver I guess)?

Also, wasn't Dinah Laurel's name?
Mia Smoak is Oliver and Felicity's daughter. She is introduced in flash forwards in season 7 (they ran out of flashbacks in season 5, season 6 didn't do much with the idea, season 7 had flash forwards to the future). She's born at the end of season 7.

Dinah Drake is currently the Black Canary. She was introduced in season 5 as Oliver tried to put together a new team. It is a small story contrivance that she shares the name Dinah with Laurel and with other variations on the character in other media.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Mia Smoak is Oliver and Felicity's daughter. She is introduced in flash forwards in season 7 (they ran out of flashbacks in season 5, season 6 didn't do much with the idea, season 7 had flash forwards to the future). She's born at the end of season 7.

Dinah Drake is currently the Black Canary. She was introduced in season 5 as Oliver tried to put together a new team. It is a small story contrivance that she shares the name Dinah with Laurel and with other variations on the character in other media.
Gotcha, thanks. So basically all of these people came into play immediately after I stopped watching lol.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I had to drop the CW superhero shows, just got to be too many.

Pretty much all of the peaked early for me too. Loved season 1 and most of season 2 of Arrow and Flash, then got bored with them.
Supergirl I kinda still like, it at least does the "moral lesson of the week" kind of thing hat keeps it from feeling TOO tired.
Legends of Tomorrow was terrible at first, got better, but then I got bored again.
Black Lightning I didn't get far into, it was just too much superhero shows at that point.

I'm sure in the future when I'm bored and have nothing else to watch I'll binge the rest of the seasons of everything, but I haven't watched anything other than Supergirl in years, and even SG I mostly dropped too.

Sep 28, 2018
Will watch for Katie Cassidy. She got snubbed on Arrow and deserves this. She was promised main female lead on that show, they built up her becoming BC, and killed her off. The main female lead went to Felicity and from that point KC got nothing but cameos and the E-2 shenanigans.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
DC-CW shows will end up having four shows with female leads (Supergirl, Batwoman, Legends, and Canarycon) and two male-led shows (Flash and Black Lightning). That's fucking awesome.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
what happened to that actress?

0e5e6fac6b2b41db3c5ff9853e2653e8.jpg

Okay, im not trying to start something here but what on earth is going on with the replies to this image? The two people in this image look radically different beyond just "makeup" that I thought this was just a troll image at first.

Why are the responses to this image so passive aggressive? It's not exactly insane for a star to get plastic surgery.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
DC-CW shows will end up having four shows with female leads (Supergirl, Batwoman, Legends, and Canarycon) and two male-led shows (Flash and Black Lightning). That's fucking awesome.
Oh, you're right

Mia being Oliver and Laurel's Daughter would be better. I mean, the daughter of BC working with two formers one as she has ties to it would be awesome and a true legacy BC series

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Who didn't see that coming /s

Ever since that flash forward you know they are setting up the next thing

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Will watch for Katie Cassidy. She got snubbed on Arrow and deserves this. She was promised main female lead on that show, they built up her becoming BC, and killed her off. The main female lead went to Felicity and from that point KC got nothing but cameos and the E-2 shenanigans.

She seemed to have significantly more fun as Black Siren than she ever did as OG Laurel.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Okay, im not trying to start something here but what on earth is going on with the replies to this image? The two people in this image look radically different beyond just "makeup" that I thought this was just a troll image at first.

Why are the responses to this image so passive aggressive? It's not exactly insane for a star to get plastic surgery.

After her character in the early seasons of the show transitioned to the black canary she started working out non-stop, lost a lot of weight/body fat, and started gaining muscle. She used to have puffier cheeks but when she lost weight she lost that too. That's what makes her jaw look like that, she hasn't had surgery as far as anyone is aware.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They are doing Crisis, so they can literally do any spinoff they want now. Timeline and who is from what year is irrelevant.

They could have Mia with the current version of Laurel and Dinah, or they could bring the current versions of them to the future to reduce how much they have to age them, or they could just continue the future storyline.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
This is only really going to work if they strand her in the present because the future stuff sucked and made Oliver's mission or what have you a failure.

The change was apparent from S1 to S2 but we went overboard at the old place over it to mean spirited meme shit and that discussion got shutdown by mods. Part of it is weight loss though but I'm not going further than that again.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Lol no thanks. The future plot line last season was easily the worst part of an already mediocre season. The gray hair dye and minor age-up makeup was laughable.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
More Dinah? No thanks. She's one of the most boring characters in the Arrowverse.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
No thanks, after Arrow final season and the Crisis crossover event, I'm done with the CW.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
They're just celebrating the development anouncement, doesn't mean it'll get picked up. They'll be waiting to see the response from the episode, how a treatment, pilot script turn out, etc.
Sorry, that's what I meant, development is officially going ahead. Whether or not it's picked up is as you said, another question entirely. I misread the article and thought this was a rumour, not an actual announcement. Thanks for the clarification though.