• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
The future timeline of Arrow's last couple seasons has been terrible. Most of the acting is hit-or-miss even by CW standards and while I really love Harkavy as Dinah, she was the best "Team Arrow" character the show introduced in the later seasons, but she isn't enough to sell me on it.

Mia is really bad imo, and I personally wish Katie Cassidy's time in the Arrowverse had ended when OG Laural died. Her character never did anything for me.

So I'll almost definitely skip this.

I agree with the first part, the future timeline stuff was god awful and chock full of bad campy acting (not even Legend's style fun campy acting) and Mia as a character was a one dimensional waste of space, teen angst incarnate and overly pissy for no reason which made here utterly unlikable

However Katie's character arc and acting got better throughout the seasons and the travesty really was killing OG Laurel, they should have resurrect (or not killed her) and had the same dark redemption arc but it be OG Laurel. Frankly they'd be better having a canary show without Mia set somewhere after Arrow and before the future rubbish

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
Was Laurel ever not terrible? Think I stopped watching at season 4. She was one of the worst parts of the show. I don't know who the other two characters are.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Was Laurel ever not terrible? Think I stopped watching at season 4. She was one of the worst parts of the show. I don't know who the other two characters are.

When they brought her back as Black Siren she's generally been alright. The story has been kinda wishy-washy on her back and forth, but generally she's been considerably better as a villain/antihero than she ever was as just straight up Black Canary

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Black Siren is queen and awesome. Much better then her original Laurel counterpart. So I'm excited :P

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I love Juliana Harkavy. Laurel disgusts me. I still can't shake my image of her afer the first season. The worst thing that could ever happen to The Black Canary.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yeah I'm just not interested in this at all. The future scenes are the most boring part of Arrow last season and this season and I'm shocked they want to do an entire show around them. Unless it get heavily retooled, I'm just not interested as it stands right now. Beyond that, the Arrow season premiere this year I felt was actually pretty strong.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I guess they could always pull Ollie's daughter into present day from the future, and have it set like a year after the Crossover. But I do kinda think they will want to keep his son around too. Maybe have it flash back and forth still. I dunno, but tbh im not really all that interested in the spin off without GA, unless they make some serious changes.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Having this set in the future means they have to do a lot of shenanigans every time they want to do a crossover. Which seems dumb. They should just do a Birds of Prey show with Laurel, Dinah, and someone else.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, it won't be in Future. Come on lol

Also, that just a cover

God damn it. I had hoped the show didn't kill her permanently for the sake of Olicity.
This is a MUCH better version. Katie seems to have more fun as this version and it shows. Though I once hated what they did, it was good that they did.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Hard fucking pass
No way they can carry a show with such a dearth of acting talent
Laurel sucks. A show with more Laurel? That sucks