• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ellen DeGeneres typically kicks off her show with a set of jokes. Yesterday, she took a different approach.

The 61-year-old comedian responded to online criticism brewing over her hanging out with former president George W Bush at a Dallas Cowboys football game on Sunday. Critics – who are predominantly part of the LGBT community – derided DeGeneres for getting close to a president who actively stood against the legalization of same-sex marriage.

Multiple photos and clips were uploaded online showing the comedian and former president talking and laughing during the football game. The two sat in exclusive suite seats. (Ellen later clarified she was invited by the Cowboys owner, Jerry Jones, and did not know Bush would be in attendance beforehand.)
The pushback was swift. LGBT publications voiced their anger at Ellen calling Bush a "friend".

More here: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/oct/08/ellen-degeneres-george-w-bush-lgbt

Here's the video:

She's been getting a lot of flak for this and deservedly so. Very disappointing.

It's worth noting that George Bush is also a war criminal.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
"I have friends that are war criminals."

White people will almost always prioritize whiteness over any of their other identities.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, let's be kind to the war criminal that murdered hundreds of thousands if Iraqi civilians.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Well, they can both sit around and laugh about problems multi-millionaire assholes don't have together. Stuff like having a conscience.

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im going to boycot Ellen by continuing to not fuck w her shit in any way except her old stand-up sets on YT

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Ellen's a hack who sold out long long ago who is incredibly out of touch when its not relating to people jumping out of boxes to scare her guests.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't she a bit of an asshole off camera or is that just a rumor?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, they can both sit around and laugh about problems multi-millionaire assholes don't have together. Stuff like having a conscience.
This is always it. Just privileged people thinking they are good, not an actual serious care in the world. Ellen coming out was great and all, and important, but those millions of dollars and fans kind of kill the sting, you know.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Ellen sucks. Being a war criminal is not just having different opinions, I don't understand why she doesn't get that. I mean, I do but still it's not that fucking hard.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when she accepted Kevin Hart back for all the gays?

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Makes me remember her bullshit endorsing Kevin Hart. Not shocked

"Be kind to everyone." Bullshit. You're under no obligation to be kind to, and supportive of, and humbled amongst your oppressors

Every time we get insulted, threatened, dehumanized, we're expected to be the better person and turn the other cheek. And it's enabled more and more with this shit

She can wear the expensive clothes, talk the talk, smile big and bright, and host the daily show. At the end of the day she doesn't, and never will, speak for the rest of us. And she makes that clearer with each hole dug

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
This would be an excuse for hanging out with, like, Kelsey Grammer. Bush is legitimately one of the worst people of the 21st Century.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The head gay has spoken guys... guess that's it. Man, I really didn't want to forgive kevin heart, but I guess I also have to accept a war criminal as a friend.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
It's hard for me personally to be annoyed with Ellen considering how much she's done for LGBT and for how long but yea.. this and that whole giving the appearance of letting Kevin Hart for his nonsense ( as if she speaks for all gay people ) do disappoint me

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
we-can-disagree-and-still-love-each-other-unless-your-disagreement-is-rooted-in-my-oppression-and-denial-of-my-humanity-and-right-to-exist-james-baldwin-1743-x-1066-oc-720x440.jpg

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Of course she has class solidarity with homophobic rich white war criminals.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
damn, i can't find the tweet, but i saw one earlier where someone edited in the PragerU logo and it felt just so

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nah Ellen I can't get behind this, Bush should be getting footwear thrown at him wherever he goes until he goes to hell.

Jun 6, 2019
Imagine being friends with someone that actually tries to curtail and take away your rights. Gotta be a pretty big dummy.