• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sage Anahata

Banned
Oct 6, 2019
This is your first post to the site. Agreeing to coddle a war criminal who wanted to remove civil rights?

That's correct :). That was my first post, and this is my second. Very excited to join a community I've been observing for many years Anyways, neither agreeing nor disagreeing. Nor does it feel good anymore for me to live in the past and hold it against my reality. Rather something that I've learnt recently and hold true to my heart is this: "The highest form of wisdom is kindness". It feels good for me to see someone else being able to occupy that same space (regarding Ellen here). I understand where you're coming from though. Thank you

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't everyone just laughing and talking about having a beer with Bush when he couldn't put a poncho on a little while ago?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Rich recognizes rich.
tenor.gif

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Class loyalty trumps anything, including LGBT rights, for rich liberals. I don't know how many times people have to be slapped in the face with this. Ellen sucks for sure but the problem goes deeper than that.

And (among other things) considering how fiercely our community can come to protect its most famous members.. idk how and where we'd even begin to have this conversation.

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
Yall need to chill and take a walk outside.
Ok, I'll just walk out the door then. Oh shit, the door is stuck. Looking out the window I see something is blocking the door.

It's dead firefighters from ground zero, dead kids from iraq, dead people from new orleans, dead civilians from afghanistan, dead civilians from syria, dead civilians from yemen, dead civilians from palestine, dead civilians from lebanon, dead american soldiers, dead innocent people from torture black sites, dead families who became homeless when they lost their homes in the 2007 financial crisis, people who died because they couldn't afford medicine, and the corpses from the billions of people that will die due to climate change.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get this door open and walk out of it.

Last edited:

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Nice sentiment, but you can "be kind" to someone without going to a game with them.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
White Americans really tend to suck at this distinction when dealing with other white Americans, but there is a difference between being kind to people who suck and being friends with them.

I will never, ever be friends with guys like Bush. I can be kind to or around them if need be.

One signifies your behavior, the other who you are. I am not the guy who wants or allows himself to be friends with bigots and terrible people.

Arrowgigantic

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Rosie and Ellen can both eat shit. Barack always has to consider that not being "presidential" has potentially fatal consequences for him and so he is occasionally going to have to eat shit. I'm not saying Obama is an angel, far from it. I mean, he should have packaged up W for the Hague at his earliest opportunity. But being friendly with W when he shows up at John McCain's funeral is a lot different from what Rosie and Ellen are doing.

Deleted member 2761

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, listening to each other sounds nice but he appointed two of the Supreme Court justices "deliberating" on whether or not trans people could exist so she can just go fuck herself.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have nearly enough passion in me to dislike Ellen. She's put more good in the world than me, and everyone in this thread combined, and I don't need to love every decision she makes.

usagi704

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Hostility towards other members
According to some of you chuming it with a war criminal is A-OK.

Last edited:

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I have friends that are war criminals."

White people will almost always prioritize whiteness over any of their other identities.

Yep.

Unfortunately, this isn't just a white thing. All demographics tend to identify as whatever gives them the most privilege when they're able. You see it in the relationships between straight and gay people/of color, black men and women, and so on. It's the reason there's no being on the planet more shitted on than queer, black women, who don't have a leg to stand on.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn I hope not. I think part of the reason Bush got off light comparatively is because he dodged the rise of social media.
It will happen and Bush didn't get off light. People were calling him evil and stupid since day one and it's only recently that liberals began to rehabilitate Bush's image. It was almost a year ago when liberals fawned over Bush because he gave Michelle Obama some candy

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I hope that you never have to fear the possibility of it being 100% legal to fire you simply for being who you are.
And as a minority who also faces daily discrimination, I empathize and truly am saddened this is even a subject of discussion in 2019.

Doesn't mean I'm going to against my upbringing and religion and hold hate for every single person I disagree with.

I digress.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I was at an event with GW last night. He mentioned how shocked he was that people were shocked that he could get along with Ellen. He said that politics these days is too focused on who is the enemy instead of trying to be friends. He spoke about accepting the differences of others and how our diversity is a strength especially in regard to our immigration policies.

You all see a monster from a decade ago and what I saw was a human being with all the pros and the cons of being human.

Our country is so fucked up right now in how we treat people we may disagree with. We see it everyday on social media and even on ERA. Things will turn but it's going to take work and compassion. Something that we rarely see much of today. This whole thread is desperate and makes me sad. We can do better.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Let's all just love each other" is bullshit. Class war now and forever.

Why are you putting those words in quotation marks as if I used them in that way? Putting "just" in there is disingenuous to my original point, but don't stop me from pushing your agenda by misrepresenting other's posts 👍🏼

Don't @ me if you're gonna lie pls

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Meh, her sitting with George Bush isn't that big a deal, they all do that shit, so highlighting her over others is whatever...

What IS a big deal, is going on from there, to tell people who are literally being killed, isolated, tortured and systematically oppressed, to "be kind" to the people who are doing this to them. She says this, being a member of one of the groups being treated this way.

It's absolutely ridiculous, and fuels the view that monstrous stances such as those, are just difference of opinions...

Bloody idiotic.

OP
OP

Deleted member 431

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was at an event with GW last night. He mentioned how shocked he was that people were shocked that he could get along with Ellen. He said that politics these days is too focused on who is the enemy instead of trying to be friends. He spoke about accepting the differences of others and how our diversity is a strength especially in regard to our immigration policies.

You all see a monster from a decade ago and what I saw was a human being with all the pros and the cons of being human.

Our country is so fucked up right now in how we treat people we may disagree with. We see it everyday on social media and even on ERA. Things will turn but it's going to take work and compassion. Something that we rarely see much of today. This whole thread is desperate and makes me sad. We can do better.
This is fine in a vacuum but you are talking about George W. Bush, the man who started the Iraq War under lies and caused the deaths of more than half a million lives and displaced many millions more. Are you serious with this post?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Bush has the blood of millions of brown people on his hands. This goes far beyond "disagreeing." He can fuck off to a Texas ranch and never emerge into society again for all I care.

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

this ignores the material reality of those whose lives were utterly fucking decimated by what bush's administration started

clearly you're fine looking beyond that, but it's ethically barren to do so

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017

If there's no accountability then there will be no change.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was at an event with Ed Kemper last night. He mentioned how shocked he was that people were shocked that he could get along with Ellen. He said that politics these days is too focused on who is the enemy instead of trying to be friends. He spoke about accepting the differences of others and how our diversity is a strength especially in regard to our immigration policies.