• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
The same thing is going to happen with Trump in a few years
I think the difference is that Bush has made a careful effort to rehabilitate his image and part of that is how he kinda went out of the spotlight after his presidency. The only times most people really see him in public is when he's doing this sort of lovable grandpa act with Ellen or giving the Obamas candy or whatever. Trump's not gonna leave the spotlight, he'll be on Hannity every week to remind people what a piece of shit he is.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Pretty sure Y'all are falling for a copypasta post lol (which I am struggling to place tbh, I hope it's a copypasta)

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Terrible people being embraced by the rich, the gif.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if we were kind to everybody including civilians in Iraq and women and children in the wake of that, Ellen? You out of touch tv celebrity.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
This is fine in a vacuum but you are talking about George W. Bush, the man who started the Iraq War under lies and ruined more than half a million lives and displaced many millions more. Are you serious with this post?
An he lives with these decisions every day. He spoke about his guilt in putting so many people in harms way. How he spends most of his time with veterans because He, personally, got them hurt.

I was in Congress when all of these decisions were made. I was on committees where these classified documents on Iraq were being pushed through to build support for the war. I quit my job on Capitol Hill because my boss voted for the Sanctity of Marriage Act. You don't have to speak to me like I don't understand what happened and how his decisions affected our country.

But living through it I also understand the situation he and his team were in and that he's a human being just like me with all of the failings of foresight and ego.

Our enemies are out there but it's not GW, Ellen, or any of the other folks we try to cancel day in and day out.

May 26, 2018
An he lives with these decisions every day. He spoke about his guilt in putting so many people in harms way. How he spends most of his time with veterans because He, personally, got them hurt.

I was in Congress when all of these decisions were made. I was on committees where these classified documents on Iraq were being pushed through to build support for the war. I quit my job on Capitol Hill because my boss voted for the Sanctity of Marriage Act. You don't have to speak to me like I don't understand what happened and how his decisions affected our country.

But living through it I also understand the situation he and his team were in and that he's a human being just like me with all of the failings of foresight and ego.

Our enemies are out there but it's not GW, Ellen, or any of the other folks we try to cancel day in and day out.

Wow. So being against a dude responsible for the deaths of at least a hundred thousand human beings is cancel culture?

Damn that's an interesting, interesting viewpoint.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you putting those words in quotation marks as if I used them in that way? Putting "just" in there is disingenuous to my original point, but don't stop me from pushing your agenda by misrepresenting other's posts 👍🏼

Don't @ me if you're gonna lie pls
Okay, please elaborate on what you actually meant by your post.

I was thinking it was something about how people with different views can still respect each other and get along. As it pertains to George Bush, I wouldn't classify going to war and killing thousands of people as a clashing belief, but something abhorrent that he did.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
The same thing is going to happen with Trump in a few years
If he isn't in prison I fully expect it to happen. We already see it right now with a lot of his lackeys getting TV gigs, late-night interviews and more. It seems as if nobody cares that these people worked for an administration that is actively trying to destroy our democracy.

jml

Mar 9, 2018

Okay, now try to think up an excuse for how he was pulling strings just last year to help get the rapist Kavanaugh confirmed to the Supreme Court. I don't buy this "he's changed and has remorse guys, honest!" bullshit.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
A failing of foresight is making butter toasts when you are late to an exam, not starting a war

Man remember that time Stalin had a lack of foresight and purged his generals

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018

I'll let y'all have at this because Lord I don't have the strength today. Unbelievable

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I can't excuse this, and I've been a huge fan of Ellen all my life. Seeing her handwave away her association with a murdering war criminal piece of shit like GWB has me beyond disappointed. His legacy is soaked with the blood hundreds of thousands of victims slaughtered wholesale during his reign, the brutal rapes and tortures carried out by illegal occupiers, and the countless more still being killed on a daily basis as a result of his actions. Everything about this makes me sick.

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
I was at an event with GW last night. He mentioned how shocked he was that people were shocked that he could get along with Ellen. He said that politics these days is too focused on who is the enemy instead of trying to be friends. He spoke about accepting the differences of others and how our diversity is a strength especially in regard to our immigration policies.

You all see a monster from a decade ago and what I saw was a human being with all the pros and the cons of being human.

Our country is so fucked up right now in how we treat people we may disagree with. We see it everyday on social media and even on ERA. Things will turn but it's going to take work and compassion. Something that we rarely see much of today. This whole thread is desperate and makes me sad. We can do better.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Man neoliberalism is one hell of a fucking drug huh

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A failing of foresight is making butter toasts when you are late to an exam, not starting a war

Man remember that time Stalin had a lack of foresight and purged his generals

...What, you just run with that toast in your mouth like all Anime girls do.

OT: As a member of the rich, Eat the fucking rich.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Love too spin being personally responsible for a six or seven figure number of deaths and destroying an entire region of the world as a reasonable difference of opinion that we could work out if we weren't so polarized or whatever.

OP
OP

Deleted member 431

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It find is nauseating that you don't even mention the Iraqis whose country was turned inside out over Bush's misadventures. Never mind the fact that ISIS rose up directly because of America's Iraq War. That region of the world is still hell today.

You are whitewashing Bush's legacy with this post.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017

Neo-Nazi fucks are going to have it so easy after it all goes down.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

its heartwarming to know that he still cares deeply about the american casualties

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
User Warned: Hostility toward another member

Epic thread derail, bootlicker.

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair to Bush, he was a dumbass. He was just a puppet. Most of the evil stuff that was done during his presidency was done by his Vice President Dick Cheney.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey Ellen, that was really cool what you said about being kind to people who disagree with you."

"Oh thanks! Can you bake a cake for me?"

"lol no."

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, probably. I hope so. I'd rather be fooled by a copypasta than the alternative.

You really think liberals want to confront the fact that their daddy Obama is a neoliberal war junkie?
Of course they don't. I do it kind of rings hollow to yell "war criminal" at Bush and then be mum or justify Obama killing thousands of civilians in the middle east using drones. It's a big part of WHY Bush gets this kind of treatment in the media, why the Obamas have no problem palling around with Bush: because in order to acknowledge Bush as a war criminal you have to acknowledge Obama as one, as well as pretty much every modern US president.

Polaroid_64

Oct 25, 2017
I would respect her more if she was honest and just said she was hanging out with her fellow rich people.

Be nice to everyone, lol. Ok Elmo.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Of course they don't. I do it kind of rings hollow to yell "war criminal" at Bush and then be mum or justify Obama killing thousands of civilians in the middle east using drones. It's a big part of WHY Bush gets this kind of treatment in the media, why the Obamas have no problem palling around with Bush: because in order to acknowledge Bush as a war criminal you have to acknowledge Obama as one, as well as pretty much every modern US president.
Yup. And a lot of liberals aren't ready to have that conversation. A lot of them were mum when it came to him drone striking the shit out of people. For them, his only scandals were the fake ones made up by right wing media like tan suits, not that he killed an American teenager with a drone strike

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, and people are comfortable pitching their tent firmly on an outcropping of "my faves are okay with so-and-so; no problem" rather than continuing down the hill all the way to the bottom and accepting that they're all in the same shitty club and all only care about staying in it.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was at an event with GW last night. He mentioned how shocked he was that people were shocked that he could get along with Ellen. He said that politics these days is too focused on who is the enemy instead of trying to be friends. He spoke about accepting the differences of others and how our diversity is a strength especially in regard to our immigration policies.

You all see a monster from a decade ago and what I saw was a human being with all the pros and the cons of being human.

Our country is so fucked up right now in how we treat people we may disagree with. We see it everyday on social media and even on ERA. Things will turn but it's going to take work and compassion. Something that we rarely see much of today. This whole thread is desperate and makes me sad. We can do better.
I was there too, crying a single tear. I felt so bad for the guy, having to bear the burnt of his atrocities. But thank Satan, I think we all got over it and went back to drinking the marrow from the cracked bones of our enemies.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. And a lot of liberals aren't ready to have that conversation. A lot of them were mum when it came to him drone striking the shit out of people. For them, his only scandals were the fake ones made up by right wing media like tan suits, not that he killed an American teenager with a drone strike
You saw it in that recent "Who were the best presidents?" thread. Like sure, Obama is responsible for fewer deaths than Bush, and certainly fewer American deaths. But there is no arbitrary bar of overseas civilian deaths as part of warfare in violation of international law that one has to pass before it becomes a war crime. Like if 1,000 people die, or 100,000 people die...it's still a warcrime.