• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yikes, imagine attacking marvel in 2019
I'd take any episode of Game of Thrones, even at its worst, over almost any marvel movie except for Ragnarok.

Season 8 getting pilloried on here by people with marvel movie Avatars... does not compute.

Not to say I dislike MCU, I enjoy them, I guess I just like GoT a lot more.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Considering the last 3 episodes of this 6 episode season were among the lowest rated of the entire series by critics, I find that unlikely.

I don't think that's the bar to accolades that you seem to think it is. From the screenshots I've seen, the cinematography is streets above that of earlier seasons. The music this season has also won high applause. I can't speak for the writing and direction of something I haven't got around to watching, but I would be surprised if they didn't pick up the by now customary nominations in the screenplay and directing categories. That doesn't mean it'll win, but there's a lot of excellent television drama and around.