• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
"I'll tell you that there's concern from the business community if a guy like Bernie Sanders were to get the nomination," said Ted Pitts, South Carolina Chamber of Commerce CEO. "So as I've talked to Democrats, they're really concerned, and I think you've seen a last-minute push here to try to coalesce support around Vice President Biden."

Sanders' policies have caused many in the business community to bristle, as he has threatened aggressive wealth taxes for anyone whose net worth is over $32 million. The Vermont senator also plans to eliminate right-to-work laws, which prevent unions from receiving money from workers.

And while businessman and billionaire candidate Mike Bloomberg might be appealing to the small business community, Pitts says both Democrats and Republicans alike are happy with "anybody but Sanders."

"When you look at the business community as a whole, we're doing really well. And there's obviously, in South Carolina, a lot of folks that are big Trump supporters," Pitts said. "But I'll tell you, I've talked to a few Republicans who may not be the biggest Trump supporter who said, if Bernie Sanders gets the nomination, I'm going to put a Trump sticker on my car."

"There are a lot of folks that I guess are buying into what he's saying," Pitts said. "But I think when you talk to business folks, Democrats and Republicans, they would tell you that all the other options are better than Sen. Sanders."

finance.yahoo.com

‘I’m going to put a Trump sticker on my car,’ say business leaders fearful of Sanders

South Carolina business leaders are fearful of Senator Bernie Sanders winning the nomination, says the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce CEO.

Do you agree, Era?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This is news that can go into the primary thread

www.resetera.com

Democratic Presidential Primary |February OT| It Can't be Worse than Iowa, Right? (Discussion Guidelines in OP)

Greetings, users and lurkers of Era, to our first official 2020 Democratic Primaries & Caucuses OT! As you may know, the long national nightmare known as the 2020 Democratic Primary is coming to a head next month as ballots are cast in primaries and sweaty partisans take to caucuses to scream at...

Status
Not open for further replies.