• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
MV5BZGRlYzNjOGYtZjc0Zi00ZDY4LTgyZGYtZjQ4ZjczODZhMmEwL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjczOTE0MzM@._V1_-410x231.jpg

In an interview with THR, Director James Mangold says he's working on a treatment for a Logan spin-off starring X-23. When Logan was released back in March, critics praised Hugh Jackman's final performance as Wolverine.

According to The Hollywood Reporter...

As Mangold looks to the future and a possible Laura movie, he touches on the success of Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman this summer and what that means for female-fronted films.

"Patty's success with that film only solidifies more for studios that there's less to fear with a female protagonist," says Mangold. "The more that keeps getting hit home, that ends up giving me more space turning around and going, 'Well, here we are with a female protagonist. That's incredible. And what are we going to do with her?' And that's where we are with that [the Laura script] right now, dreaming."

Craig Kyle, who created Laura in 2003 for the animated series X-Men: Evolution, is working with Mangold on the treatment. Kyle also is one of the screenwriters behind next month's Thor: Ragnarok.

When asked about whether 'Logan' should be considered for any award nominations, X-Men producer Hutch Parker believes Patrick Stewart is long overdue for an Oscar nomination.

One possibility for that recognition is Patrick Stewart. As soon as Logan hit screens, awards pundits began raising the question of whether Stewart could finally earn an Oscar nomination, thanks to the combination of the actor delivering one of his finest big-screen performances yet, and the notion that a performer of his pedigree is overdue.

"The fact that Patrick has not received those kinds of acknowledgements is astounding to me," says Parker.

While Stewart has yet to earn a nomination for film work, he has received four Emmy nominations, as well as three Golden Globe nominations for television performances: in 1999 for Moby Dick, in 2005 for The Lion in Winter and in 2016 for Blunt Talk.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting on this news since I first saw the film, honestly.

2017 might not have been a great year for Box Office, but it had some great films and Logan is near if not at the top of the list.

Oct 25, 2017
Logan was one of the best films of the year for me and the character feels like a great successor to continue the wolverine mythos.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly what I wanted after finishing Logan. I never expected it though.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic News, loved her in Logan.
We kinda live in a golden Era ( ;) ) of fantastic child actors.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hype. I trust in Mangold.

This makes me slightly hopeful we'll get a X-Men: Academy/New X-Men movie down the line.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those cases where I kinda don't want it because the first one was so perfect but what if lightning strikes twice? We could have a Blade Runner 2049 in our hands.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'd love to see Laura take the mantle and shine in a solo movie. Maybe roll her into X-Force as well with time shenanigans.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am so down for this. I honestly wish the New Mutants movie was about Laura and the other kids.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Sure. Why not. I'd rather see FOX stick to self-contained stories going forward. More potential for them to turn out well.

bishopcruz

Oct 25, 2017
Not the biggest fan of the take of Laura in the movie, WAY too young for one. She'd have to be older, and with Kyle on board I trust them doing her character a lot better justice the 2nd time around.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't love Logan as much a others seemed to but Laura was inarguably great so I'm totally on board

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget that she'll be older too. In a couple more years she'll be a teenager. What if they did a trilogy... 14 or so in the next one, and then 18 or 19 in the third? It could be really great if it continues to deal with some of the growing up/phases of life themes that the first one did.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Logan was a great movie that benefited from its closed ending and not being obligated to pick up or hand off to any other X-Men film. It stands on its own.

...That said though.

1271010043_jump-in-the-car.gif

Dafne Keen killed it and I'm looking forward to her interacting with more mutants. Although... none of the other kids in that movie were interesting. Hopefully she gets paired with a better cast.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Logan, but never been a fan of X-Men and hadn't watched a X-Men film since I saw X2 back in the day. Okay I saw Deadpool and it was great, but I don't really count that as part of the X-Mean film franchise. Anything that builds off Logan is great, Dafne Keene made that movie just as much as Hugh Jackman or Patrick Stewart.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good, but those performances by Jackman and Stewart were what made Logan for me, so I hope they figure out how to fill that void.

The Shepherd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just curious what the plot for the film will be. I don't want them to become a "we have to save the world!" story.

Don't forget that she'll be older too. In a couple more years she'll be a teenager. What if they did a trilogy... 14 or so in the next one, and then 18 or 19 in the third? It could be really great if it continues to deal with some of the growing up/phases of life themes that the first one did.
l think this sounds great.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Missed this news before, this is fantastic. She was superb in Logan, and I absolutely love to see a movie or franchise following her. There's a lot of meaty story material to mine in her and the others rebuilding mutant culture and the X-Men in this bleak future, inspired by the ghosts of the past that are the comics and distant stories and such

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Not the biggest fan of the take of Laura in the movie, WAY too young for one. She'd have to be older, and with Kyle on board I trust them doing her character a lot better justice the 2nd time around.
Well the actress isn't going to get younger, dude. What a strange complaint to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.