• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
EORaLsKX4AAyaex

Amazon Studios at TCA today announced the first group of regulars set to star in their adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings series. The cast officially includes Robert Aramayo, Owain Arthur, Nazanin Boniadi, Tom Budge, Morfydd Clark, Ismael Cruz Córdova, Ema Horvath, Markella Kavenagh, Joseph Mawle, Tyroe Muhafidin, Sophia Nomvete, Megan Richards, Dylan Smith, Charlie Vickers,and Daniel Weyman. Cameras roll next month. Table reads in New Zealand are already underway.

It was previously reported that Horvath, Kavenagh and Mawle boarded the series, but Amazon never confirmed them. The studio made it official today that the trio were indeed part of the cast. Will Poulter, who had joined The Lord of the Rings TV series in September, exited last month due to scheduling conflicts.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Amazon Studios at TCA today announced the first group of regulars set to star in their adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings series. The cast officially includes Robert Aramayo, Owain Arthur, Nazanin Boniadi, Tom Budge, Morfydd Clark, Ismael Cruz Córdova, Ema Horvath, Markella Kavenagh, Joseph Mawle, Tyroe Muhafidin, Sophia Nomvete, Megan Richards, Dylan Smith, Charlie Vickers, and Daniel Weyman. Cameras roll next month. Table reads in New Zealand are already underway.
"We still have a few key roles to cast," said Amazon Co-head of TV Vernon Sanders at TCA this afternoon. Together with Amazon Studios boss Jennifer Salke and co-head of TV and COO Albert Cheng, they weren't ready to give up who exactly these actors would be playing in the new series.

Said McKay and Payne: "After undertaking an extensive global search, we are delighted finally to reveal the first group of brilliant performers who will take part in Amazon's The Lord of the Rings series. These exceptionally talented women and men are more than just our actors: they are the newest members of an ever-expanding creative family that is now working tirelessly to bring Middle-earth to life anew for fans and audiences worldwide."

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
These shows need every penny for the cgi/costumes, so not a star filled cast was expected.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With how much money they've spent and how meticulously they seem to be preparing for this, I wonder what kind of viewership they're going to be expecting.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
they actually cast a latino?

I guess I have to watch now. was expecting vanilla ice cream with a side of mayo

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to this.

Looking forward to see what these actor's can bring to the table. Robert Aramayo is the only one I'm familiar with due to GoT, and he really nailed a young Sean Bean played Ned.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unknowns, yes please. Just give us good actors and let them play.

Oh, Will Poulter was going to be in it? Too bad, I'm digging his recent roles. Young Eustace has come a long way.

Aramayo and Mawle I know from Game of Thrones.

Boniadi has been in a few things, though she attracted the most attention for going public about her interactions with Scientology when she was being vetted as a wife for Tom Cruise.

Dec 12, 2017
Finally, Black people in live action LOTR. Only took ~20 years from Fellowship and 6 live action movies to get there.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm good with new faces, even though I've seen a few of them. But still... this clip fits so well.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Almost no one I've seen before, good!

I appreciate giving lesser know actors more opportunities and not seeing all the same faces in everything I watch.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That is actually a great looking cast, I might ctually watch it now. I love Fantasy is getting a little color in it

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I'm surprised they didn't grab any big names but I'm kinda glad they didn't. Also, didn't LOTR only have like 2 women in it? Are they adding original female characters or did they change the gender for some established characters? I'm in favor of either tbh.

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised they didn't grab any big names but I'm kinda glad they didn't. Also, didn't LOTR only have like 2 women in it? Are they adding original female characters or did they change the gender for some established characters? I'm in favor of either tbh.
This is set in the Second Age and there are a lot of Numenorean queens and other key women during this Age.

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Oh lol. I haven't been following this so i thought it was just another adaptation of the books. Interesting.
It was originally thought to be a young Aragorn series, but that idea was seemingly abandoned early on, and Amazon acquired the rights to Second Age material from the Tolkien Estate. This show will most likely see the rise and fall of Sauron post-War of Wrath as the overarching narrative, with a focus on the normal inhabitants of Middle-earth and Numenor dealing with it.

DvergrBlod

Oct 26, 2017
Only thing cast is lacking is age diversity. Needs more older people.

Nevertheless, looks very intriguing and can't wait to hear what kind of characters these people portray.