• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.thewrap.com/serial-podcasts-next-project-will-examine-the-public-school-system/

For its next project, the investigative podcast series "Serial" will take a deep dive into the U.S. public school system.

The still-untitled series will track the history of a single public school through a century of sweeping social changes and major educational reforms. Through personal stories and plot twists, it will examine how the school reflects an ultimately failed effort to create equality in America. It's set for release during the fourth quarter of 2019.

The new project, to be hosted by Peabody Award winner Chana Joffe-Waltthe and produced by "Serial" co-creators Sarah Koenig and Julie Snyder, will be a limited series rather than the official fourth season of "Serial." But will be presented in a format similar to the flagship podcast, according to Public Media Marketing CEO David Raphael, who announced the project Wednesday at the Winter Podfront, the Podcast industry's upfront event, in Beverly Hills.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Season 1: criminal. Season 2: some bullshit, seemingly unrelated stuff. Season 3: criminals and politics. Season 4: schools.

Serial is The Wire of podcasts.

Oct 26, 2017
I almost made a thread about a single episode of season 3 because it made me rage so hard (episode talking about Tamir Rice). We still have a handful of episodes to go though, so holding off for now.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like it's not actually Serial, but a spin-off like S-Town.

Anyway, sounds interesting.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
For how massive its impact was in bringing an aura of "prestige" to the podcasting medium, Serial's first season is irresponsible crime voyeur trash. The second and third seasons may not have satisfying narrative arcs or conclusions, but they're infinitely more valuable in their content. I'm excited for (and dreading the contents of) this new season.