• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017

Netflix and Ubisoft have teamed for an adult animated series adaptation of the video game "Splinter Cell", Variety has learned.

Derek Kolstad, best known for his work writing the "John Wick" film franchise, will serve as writer and executive producer on the series. According to sources, the series has received a two-season, 16 episode order at the streaming service.

Netflix, Ubisoft, and reps for Kolstad declined to comment on the specifics of the deal.

The first "Splinter Cell" game was released in 2002 to near universal acclaim from critics and massive sales. The game follows former U.S. Navy SEAL Sam Fisher after he is recruited by the NSA to work for the mysterious Third Echelon division within the agency. The game sees Fisher engage in number of black ops missions, employing stealth and military tactics.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Well... better than nothing, I suppose. Maybe they'll launch a brand new game to coincide with the Netflix rele- LMFAO. I couldn't even finish that sentence.

This would be sweet if they managed to get the same VA talents. Ironside would be so good to hear again

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Well if its the only way to get Ironside back in the role in 2020, so be it

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
it's not a new game, but it's something at least!

OP
OP
Xando

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Surely this means they're make a new game that releases around the same time

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
what the fuck is going on with this franchise? he keeps popping up everywhere except his own damn game.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
I bought a Splinter Cell game at one point and it had a flier in the box promoting the upcoming movie. Was over 10 years ago.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Ubisoft seems intent on inserting Splinter Cell into everything into except an actual new Splinter Cell game....i just don't get it.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Ubisoft: We give you a VR Game, a Mobile Game and Sam Fisher Cameos in Ghost Recon! What more could you possibly want?
People: A new normal ass Splinter Cell would be nice
Ubisoft: How about an animated Show on Netflix?

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
"People keep asking if I'm back and yeah, I think I'm back. Kinda. Not in the way you'd like tho. Well anyway here's me in that new mobile game"

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
I'm convinced that Ubiosoft prototyped a Splinter Cell that was open world and couldn't get it to work, and thus shelved the IP for the time being.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The writing wasn't the good parts about the John Wick movies, it was the actors and the fight cinematographers.

Atomic Blond was also from " the creators from John Wick" and while it had some good fight scenes, it wasn't anything specials.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
can't wait to netflix use their shitty 3d clown car looks like a student project animation instead of something akin to Bebop, Naruto, MHA.

Oct 25, 2017
People are being dismissive of this but isn't this actually a sign that there are plans to bring the franchise back?

I mean, not really?

They own the IP, but don't seem interested in making a mainline game. It could just be a "hey we are using it for something". Example, the animated Netflix Castlevania show doesn't necessarily mean Konami is going to be making a new Castlevania game.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll base it off Conviction as that was already kind of proto John Wick + a season of 24. They need to get Ironside though no matter what direction they go in.