• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Peyton Brown apparently worked on "Stranger Things" as a member of the crew, but in an Instagram post issued on Thursday indicated she won't be back for season three due to allegations that she "personally witnessed two men in high positions of power on that set seek out and verbally abuse multiple women."

Brown — who, according to her Instagram page, has also worked on such series as "The Walking Dead" — did not identify the people she was discussing, not the exact nature of the verbal abuse.

"I promised myself that if I were ever in a situation to say something that I would," she writes. "I have 11.5 thousand followers who can hear me say this, TIME IS UP."

Link to her Instagram post: https://instagram.com/p/BgEm89tHmzJ/

Now deleted posts confirming that she is talking about the Duffer Brothers:

v0x18fddr7cyc6frmwd5h2jljznmxfz-8ugbvzqh0p2afyd0ghe2oisk4qyugcl6ol_cwoso_dtlc13ijzfoda.png

v0x18fddr7cyc6frmwd5h2jljznmxfz-8ugbvzqh0p3swjdpoafoaad_qpdczy5gg7asvpn2vb2tx6bril1ifa.png

Source: https://etcanada.com/news/307378/st...rothers-of-verbally-abusing-women-on-the-set/

Oh well, while I'm kinda relieved that we are not talking about sexual abuse, FUCK YOU for not getting your shit together on your sets, Duffer Bros. You better clear up your act going further, and good on Peyton for calling them out on their bullshit (and no, she isn't related to Miley).

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
There's no reason to a professional that obviously worked in the production to go out of her way to make something like this up. Duffer Bros need to get better, and we need to get better at listening and believing the victims of abuse.

Oct 31, 2017
They gave off creep vibes on Beyond Stranger Things but let's wait to see if anyone else on set confirms these accusations.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
According to some who saw the posts before they were deleted. No, it seemed like it wasn't just women.

Would be hilarious in that its a normal thing for men to be subjected to I guess. And I dont doubt this scenario. I'm sure a lot of crew members get their ass chewed up on set, doesnt make it right though.

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does that matter? It's not like the thread or OP tried to spin it that way. Abuse is still abuse.
It does matter, largely because people yelling at each other on big time movie/tv shoots is viewed as part of the job. It's fucking embarassing, but it won't destroy your life.

See: Christian Bale

Oct 27, 2017
If they're the kind of creators that feel the need to be assholes to their subordinates - then that also needs to be addressed. Even if this is a one-off, nobody deserves to be screamed at in a professional setting.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
Would be hilarious in that its a normal thing for men to be subjected to I guess. And I dont doubt this scenario. I'm sure a lot of crew members get their ass chewed up on set.

Gonna go with this for now. Hard to really establish a pattern of abuse against women if it's not mostly against women and the language used itself isn't sexually charged.

Oct 25, 2017
Does that matter? It's not like the thread or OP tried to spin it that way. Abuse is still abuse.

It's not good, but asshole directors is really nothing new and like posted above a lot of this is really vague. I wouldn't be shocked if they are assholes and their personalities made people quit or they fired people. But none of that so far is breaking the law.

I DO think it's disgusting you already have people in this thread going with the "Prove it" handwaving of this whole thing though.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, the more time goes on the more shit seems to be coming from the Stranger Things set.

Good on her for calling them out, no one needs to be in that kind of work environment.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Someone who worked in Stranger Things said this on reddit on a post regarding the news

I worked on Stranger Things. I will most likely be back for season 3. I never witnessed any behavior of this type. My cart is usually setup near video village too so I'm pretty close to them when I'm on set.

Looking through his posts you can confirm he indeed worked on Stranger Things (at least he's credited on IMDB)

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Locking thread.

This feels like a thread that should be made, but only when there's more info to it than just screencaps/one article from what seems like a gossip site. If more articles come out, feel free to make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.