• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REVIEW THE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS(SEE BELOW)

The Walking Dead returned with its eighth season on Sunday, October 22 at 9/8c. As usual, the 16 episode season will air in two parts - 8 in the fall and 8 early next year.

AMC said:
About the Show

The Walking Dead tells the story of the weeks and months that follow after the apocalypse. Based on Robert Kirkman's hugely successful and popular comic book series, AMC's The Walking Dead is an epic, edge-of-your-seat drama where personal struggles are magnified against a backdrop of moment-to-moment survival. A survivalist story at its core, the series explores how the living are changed by the overwhelming realization that those who survive can be far more dangerous than the mindless walkers roaming the earth. They themselves have become the walking dead.

Following the events of season seven, Rick and his survivors bring "All Out War" to Negan and his forces. The Saviors are larger, better-equipped, and ruthless, but Rick and the unified communities are fighting for the promise of a brighter future. The battle lines are drawn as they launch into a kinetic, action-packed offensive.

Up until now, survival has been the focus of Rick and our group, but it's not enough. They have to fight to take back their freedom so that they can live, so that they can rebuild. As with any battle, there will be losses, casualties. But with Rick leading the Alexandrian forces, Maggie leading the Hilltop, and King Ezekiel leading the Kingdom, Negan and the Saviors' grip on this world may finally be coming to an end.

AMC said:
AMC Premiere Features

In addition to gaining access to live ad-free episodes, subscribers will be able to watch the cold open for the following week's episode immediately after the current episode airs. In the weeks where the producers deem the cold open too spoilery, subscribers will instead be treated to an alternative exclusive preview of the next episode.

A pair of promotional documentaries tied to 'The Walking Dead' will also be made available on AMC Premiere two days before they air on the linear AMC channel.

AMC Premiere is available exclusively to Comcast subscribers for $5 per month.

3hc95Jw.jpg

Previously Aired Episodes: Details of already aired episodes may be discussed openly without the use of spoiler tags.​
Previews, Promos & Sneak Peeks: Spoiler tag all discussion related to content that is associated with episodes that have not yet aired.​
Leaks: The posting and/or discussing of leaked material is strictly prohibited in this thread. Please use the TV leak and comic discussion thread for all talk pertaining to leaks.​
Graphic Novel: All comic-related discussion must be enclosed in spoiler tags. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please tag and label your posts, e.g. [Graphic Novel/Comic Spoilers]
[Insert graphic novel spoilers here]
For extensive graphic novel discussion, please use the TV leak and comic discussion thread.​

bKFz7FZ.jpg

BYm5Tai.jpg

M2pomPi.jpg

Trailers
Features
Fan Tributes
Season Recaps

pd8W96u.jpg

CiIY1HQ.jpg

L+SD ratings:

Season 7

Episode 1: 17.0 million 8.4 A18-49
Episode 2: 12.5 million 6.1 A18-49
Episode 3: 11.7 million 5.7 A18-49
Episode 4: 11.4 million 5.4 A18-49
Episode 5: 11.0 million 5.2 A18-49
Episode 6: 10.4 million 4.9 A18-49
Episode 7: 10.5 million 5.0 A18-49
Episode 8: 10.6 million 5.1 A18-49

Episode 9: 12.0 million 5.7 A18-49
Episode 10: 11.1 million 5.3 A18-49
Episode 11: 10.4 million 5.0 A18-49
Episode 12: 10.2 million 4.7 A18-49
Episode 13: 10.7 million 4.9 A18-49
Episode 14: 10.3 million 4.7 A18-49
Episode 15: 10.5 million 4.9 A18-49
Episode 16: 11.3 million 5.4 A18-49

Season 8:

Episode 1: 11.4 million 5.0 A18-49
Episode 2: 8.9 million 4.0 A18-49
Episode 3: 8.5 million 3.8 A18-49
Episode 4: 8.7 million 3.9 A18-49
Episode 5: 7.8 million 3.4 A18-49
Episode 6: 8.3 million 3.6 A18-49
Episode 7: 7.5 million 3.3 A18-49
Episode 8: 7.9 million 3.4 A18-49

Episode 9: 8.3 million 3.6 A18-49
Episode 10: 6.8 million 2.9 A18-49
Episode 11: 6.6 million 2.8 A18-49
Episode 12: 6.7 million 2.8 A1849
Episode 13: 6.8 million 3.0 A18-49
Episode 14: 6.3 million 2.6 A18-49
Episode 15: 6.7 million 2.8 A18-49
Episode 16: 7.9 million 3.4 A18-49

The Walking Dead: Red Machete

Follow the path of the red-handled weapon from its innocent beginnings, as it lands in the hands of survivors good and evil, familiar and new.

New installments began on Sunday, October 22 on AMC apps for mobile and devices and amc.com.

Starting today, subscribers to AMC Premiere will be able to watch the first half of the 14-minute TWD original short, with the second half bowing on Christmas Eve; regular AMC viewers will see the short unspool over two months as interstitials during ad breaks.

Last edited:

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought the premiere was pretty good. Just glad I have something to watch on Sunday nights again

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to use my first post to say the first episode was terrible, terrible. All those heroic monologues then they proceeded to not get shit done...as usual. Lets go shoot up a building and waste hundreds if not thousands of rounds and not kill anyone. I now root for the Zombies.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
Going to use my first post to say the first episode was terrible, terrible. All those heroic monologues then they proceeded to not get shit done...as usual. Lets go shoot up a building and waste hundreds if not thousands of rounds and not kill anyone. I now root for the Zombies.
Yeah, really. Clear shot at Neagan and his lieutenants and they shoot.... the windows. :facepalm:

SpaceCowboyJ

Oct 25, 2017
It's had some nice moments, but it's not an episode of the walking dead without a character doing something stupid like Gabriel trying to help Gregory or Rick not shooting Negan the moment he opened the door.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah what a terrible episode.And i am not one of the people that complained about past seasons.

It was a mess and at some point i actually though i missed a 10-15 minute part or something.Neagan needs to either die or be defeated in some way but it will probably not happen until the mid-season finale

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017

Me being a MASSIVE Walking Dead fanboy, this is hard to say... but I agree with you. The episode was just so dumb. How many times was Negan just standing there? In the open! In everyone's crosshairs?!? I know he ain't gonna die right there, so they can't shoot him, but don't put him in that situation because it's silly.

BoTalksGames

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Wasn't a horrible episode, but for how they were hyping it up since it's the 100th episode, it was super disappointing. They're kinda trapped with Negan in the plot at least for the duration of this season and I really don't see the show improving until he's gone. Hopefully they don't follow the comics on that one.

Keeping him alive is fine for now but constantly putting Rick in situations where he could easily shoot him in the head but not doing it is getting ridiculous.

Moti

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else notice how Rick's daughter aged about 2 years in what I'd imagine was a few days/weeks on the shows timeline?

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
The show and those working on it have gotten so good at filming set pieces and just shooting things really nicely. The edits in the episodes, etc.... the technical talent outpaced the writing quality lol. I thought it was a fine premier. Very walking deady. And yeah not just shooting Negan was a rager.

Last edited:

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decent premiere. Still a lot of the annoying cliches but was actually nice to see a lot accomplished in the arc out of the gate. Now watch the next 10 episodes be them just cleaning out satellite bunkers while Negan wanders around.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about you guys but my entire family was yelling "SHOOT HIM! JUST SHOOT HIM!" like four or five times during the premiere

I mean, really, that Rick didn't have a sniper on the door or just have everyone unload on Negan and co, or that Negan somehow dodges that machine gun fire, and then gets away (again) was ridiclous

And I'm saying that as someone who has actually still mostly enjoys this show. This was the worst premiere of the series so far IMO

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As boring as many would have probably found it to be, I would have preferred them to hit the outposts and lookout points throughout the episode and have a speech at the end before assaulting the Sanctuary. Get some of these characters in order before the action really starts to avoid poor setups and pace killing scenes.

Unfortunately, we had to rush into a big show of force immediately that of course couldn't succeed. Instead of the Savior's having numbers at the present site (I'm betting the outposts are traps) or some other sensible obstacle to Rick and Co., it comes down to the unifoed forces not being able to shoot accurately and throwing endless ammo into windows. Followed by killng Gabriel's development to make sure the Hilltop drama will continue to flare up and put him in a situation that normally would be a win for their group but of course would prematurely end the conflict.

I just don't see how wacky shows like Dirk Gently can keep their character and plot writing straight, but a show that is fairly straight in concept and receives opportunities to improve on what's there going forward stuggles.

Last edited:

Hero of Time

Oct 25, 2017
I came here to complain about Gabriel going back to save someone who had already betrayed them, and also how they couldn't just shoot Negan as soon as he popped out, but I see everyone else already covered that.

Anyone else think it was strange how they tried to make it seem like a dramatic choice showing the hilltop people all worried about how Gregory was saying he would kick them all out of hilltop if they attacked Negan? I just don't get it, they've already established Maggie as their leader and already started their war with Negan when they came to help fight them off at alexandria.

Also, I found that shot of Negan rolling around in the grass dodging hundreds of bullets pretty funny.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Those windows GOT WHAT WAS COMING TO THEM

that's what Negan gets for turning his army into windows

sjnowak

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else think it was strange how they tried to make it seem like a dramatic choice showing the hilltop people all worried about how Gregory was saying he would kick them all out of hilltop if they attacked Negan? I just don't get it, they've already established Maggie as their leader and already started their war with Negan when they came to help fight them off at alexandria.
This had me baffled. As if it mattered if Gregory said they wouldn't be able to come back. There wouldn't be safe the moment they waged war on Negan and it's not like Gregory would be able to stop them single-handedly.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Eh...I thought it was pretty serviceable. Not at all worth the "episode 100" hype, though.

BarryAllen

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is Walking Dead going full Westworld with two timelines? Where I guess each episode we see who makes it 10 years from now? Though too be fair the nuclear power plants should begin failing and they all should be dead

Deleted member 5260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Episode was bad and if the pattern from previous seasons holds, we're in for several straight weeks of even dumber and less eventful episodes until the mid season finale.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
So is Walking Dead going full Westworld with two timelines? Where I guess each episode we see who makes it 10 years from now? Though too be fair the nuclear power plants should begin failing and they all should be dead

Not permanently, at least.

Also, considering the age of Judith in the flashforward, I think the time jump is only about 2-3 years.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The opening episode was alright. It seem kinda "meta" for TWD.

dustyherb

Oct 25, 2017
CO
It's seems like there's a few timelines going on.
-One with an older Rick and Judith. Alexandria also looked updated.
-One where Rick has very red eyes and seems extremely broken/upset.
-We also had a few shots of Rick standing at two graves. I'm guessing these are Glenn and Abe's but who knows at this point.

This episode was definitely a little confusing. Hopefully by mid season finale we get some answers. I'm extremely worried about the shots where Rick looks broken and upset. Seems like some really bad shit goes down.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
If the writers were smart, Gregory should kill Rick. This show needs a wake up call.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The All Out War arc in the comic was (comic spoilers)
pretty yawn worthy. Dynamics shifted but there weren't any major deaths (besides Shiva. RIP Shiva), so I hope that changes in the show. (Deaths aren't the only things that can make a story interesting, but I feel like the cast in the show is way too large and I don't think TV, as a medium, can successfully juggle as many characters as a book can.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thought the first episode was okay, nothing special really. I'm interested in seeing how long they drag out this Negan/War arc. The pacing of the episode was alright, hopefully the rest of the season keeps that up.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017

YEP! It was so FRUSTRATING seeing them hype up their mission, giving big speeches, getting ready to get shit done. And then they have the PERFECT chance to off Neegan and they just fucking let him talk and talk and then shoot fucking windows! They might not of had the cleanest of shots on him and his men, but there were a shitton of Ricks crew at a lot of angles, if they tried they'd have got him.

Now, I totally get the idea of needing to stretch out the big bad for another season or whatever but this was the absolute wrong way to do it. Neegan talks and acts like he's fucking invincible and he KNOWS he's a popular and needed character on The Walking Dead. Like he knows he's not gonna get killed off yet so he gets to be cocky.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
This is the first ep I've seen since the end of season 4. Show looks like some kind of Mad Max ripoff now. Devastated to see my favorites are apparently dead. Glenn, Tyrese, and Sasha, but Carol is still alive somehow. Cool to see trapmaster Morgan back though. That was dumb as fuck not shooting Negan as soon as he walked out. That was a free shot and Negan and his crew made a dumbass move coming out in the open in front of a squad. Speaking of that squad, Rick created a damn army now. Shit that's a fuckton of people! That negro with the dreads looks like he belongs on another show and why the fuck do they have a tiger?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Devastated to see my favorites are apparently dead. Glenn, Tyrese, and Sasha, but Carol is still alive somehow.

Tyrese died midway through in season 5, Glenn at the start of season 7, and Sasha near the end of season 7 (she was killed off because the actress left to be the lead in the new Star Trek). Carol survived this long for being the biggest badass of them all.

That negro with the dreads looks like he belongs on another show and why the fuck do they have a tiger?

Ezekiel - he's the leader of a community called The Kingdom. He puts on a theatrical guise because it gives people something to believe in or something. Shiva, the tiger, is his pet. (he used to be a zookeeper) They're both from the comic (obviously :P).

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was pretty good. Yeah it had it's dumb moments but I've just come to accept that with this show.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Not shooting Negan was pretty stupid. Found the episode pretty meh. But I like that they use walker hordes as weapons now.

Was also expecting the guy that Carl saw, to be one of Negan's and capture Carl to use against Rick.

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there had to be a point to shooting out the windows, right? They focused on them for ages. I enjoyed the episode, as I invariably do, but not shooting Negan was frustrating as hell.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there had to be a point to shooting out the windows, right? They focused on them for ages. I enjoyed the episode, as I invariably do, but not shooting Negan was frustrating as hell.

Maybe to make even more noise than hundreds of bullets? Sounds like something Rick would come up with.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Why did they point at the windows? Fucking Negan was less than a few feet away, not a fucking mile long high.

First episode was janky with the old Rick shit, either show it all in the beginning or ending. Not splicing it in parts.

I still loved it though

pestul

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, so they snipe those rooftop lookouts with ease and they can't even make a couple of well-placed shots on Negan who is in the open in front of the compound.. and the clips that never end shooting the windows.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
The characters are so mind-bogglingly stupid and the writing is cringeworthy but I'm so invested in the show that I force myself to watch. I mean, I realize it's a bit silly to complain about realism when speaking of a show about zombies, but some of the things that happen are so laughably dumb that I can't help but shake my head multiple times each episode.