• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mmm. That's very true. But the incidents happened over a long period of time and if there are documentation to legit any of it then it would be insanely easy to prove. Stuff like the dog getting abused would have medical reports by the vet, right? And the off duty cop could testify too.

Crazy if true.

Edit: Also death threats. That's also pretty fucking easy to prove with emails or recordings. And the police report.

Oh yeah, not defending him or anything (not saying there can't be exaggerations, but him admitting to at least 2 of the incidents isn't a good sign for him)

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
The wonderful terrible thing about Tiggers harassers
Is Tiggers harassers are wonderful things terrible beings
Thier tops are made out of filled with rubbers
Their bottoms are made out of cogs and springs
They're rapey, bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun! Run, run, run, run, run!
But the most wonderful terrible thing about Tiggers harassers
Is
He ain't I'm the only one
God DAMN.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Goddamit, I knew a big one would be coming sooner or later.

You have no idea how many characters this guy played. If anyone's got a childhood cartoon hero, he probably played it.

Darkwing Duck. Taz. Pete. Pooh. The Disney side alone is going to have to recast a shitload of roles now.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jim Cummings is one of the most prolific voice actors of the past 30-40 years. Like, Winnie the Pooh is tip of the iceberg. I think he's in pretty much every Disney Renaissance film. He was the singing voice for Scar and a lot of other villainous characters.

Divorce proceedings can be acrimonious so of course we should wait for the details to come out, but if a fraction of this is true, he's an absolute monster and he'll be a black mark on a LOT of films and shows.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
The wonderful terrible thing about Tiggers harassers
Is Tiggers harassers are wonderful things terrible beings
Thier tops are made out of filled with rubbers
Their bottoms are made out of cogs and springs
They're rapey, bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun! Run, run, run, run, run!
But the most wonderful terrible thing about Tiggers harassers
Is
He ain't I'm the only one

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It always seems to come up these sorts of threads about "don't ruin X for me" when someone who was unknown to many a sex pest (Watsuki, Mignogna, Haberkorn, etc.) To that I say:
Don't let bad people ruin something precious to you, even if they were involved in its creation. If Winnie the Pooh means a lot to you, due to helping you bond with family or just fond memories something, don't let this tarnish your happy feelings and good memories- you had no way of knowing, and the production of the piece is now in the past.

Now, it's up to you if you think, morally, you should support the product, especially monetarily while the individual still alive/unrepentant and can profit. But you should feel no guilt in merely enjoying the art.

The individual who deserves shame is, well, the individual. And Cummings certainly deserves shame for all he's done should it be true, and I'm willing to believe the victim here.
Jim Cummings is one of the most prolific voice actors of the past 30-40 years. Like, Winnie the Pooh is tip of the iceberg. I think he's in pretty much every Disney Renaissance film. He was the singing voice for Scar and a lot of other villainous characters.

Divorce proceedings can be acrimonious so of course we should wait for the details to come out, but if a fraction of this is true, he's an absolute monster and he'll be a black mark on a LOT of films and shows.
He's admitted to the pet abuse at the very least, as per earlier in the thread, though framed as an accident.

Last edited:

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Guy was already ruined for me when I found he was a die-hard Trumper and Hillary-for-Prison aficionado. But I'll still wait for more details from other sources on this story.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let's wait until we have more facts until we condemn the man. I regret doing that to Johnny Depp after I found out he himself was the victim of domestic abuse.
Yo did you read the article though? He admitted to the animal abuse and calling her a whore and touching her inappropriately in front of the kids at the minimum, claiming it was a mistake in 'disciplining the dog' and that 'it was a jokey way' in regards to the second part. (Apparently respondended via email so that's so good for her.)

She also won several restraining orders against the dude already before. And she won primary care of the children already considering he threatened to not pay child care if she didn't do sexual favors.

Also like 90 percent of the incidents sound easily verifiable. Like the death threats part or the dog part (which I mean he admitted to it but vet bills would also do it) or the off duty cop date or the police report she filed.

I dunno, I can admire waiting for the facts but considering she apparently won divorce proceedings before and is receiving child support apparently? It looks pretty, pretty bad.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guy was already ruined for me when I found he was a die-hard Trumper and Hillary-for-Prison aficionado. But I'll still wait for more details from other sources on this story.
star-wars-gif-opening-post.gif

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I mean, I never heard this before. But if that's true that just makes it all the more believable he did this shit.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. So the dude was Robotnik in real life too. That animal abuse is completely fucked.

Oct 25, 2017
am I missing something? cause i dont see or understand whats wrong with this?

"Stephanie has also given testimony and is accusing Jim of currently living with a woman who was once a sex worker. "

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Pooh is one of those characters with such an easy voice to impersonate. Throw the book at him and get a replacement.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are the police involved?
No idea. But they honestly should be. She filed at least one police report previously according to the article. And apparently dated an off duty cop who had who had to draw their weapon. The rape (unwanted sexual contact) regarding the bedroom incident and unwanted sexual humiliation would be difficult to prove though.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
I know everyone knows him primarily as Pooh, but this dude is in a looooooooooot of things. Fuck this guy.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
A couple times on Talking Toons, Rob Paulsen would talk about how Cummings would whisper naughty things in women's ears in his Pooh voice to get a rise out of them, so I feel like the creep potential is certainly there. That animal story is horrific though. Accident or not.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite cartoon voices of all time, God damn :(

What an (alleged) scumbag

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
Yo did you read the article though? He admitted to the animal abuse and calling her a whore and touching her inappropriately in front of the kids at the minimum, claiming it was a mistake in 'disciplining the dog' and that 'it was a jokey way' in regards to the second part. (Apparently respondended via email so that's so good for her.)

She also won several restraining orders against the dude already before. And she won primary care of the children already considering he threatened to not pay child care if she didn't do sexual favors.

Also like 90 percent of the incidents sound easily verifiable. Like the death threats part or the dog part (which I mean he admitted to it but vet bills would also do it) or the off duty cop date or the police report she filed.

I dunno, I can admire waiting for the facts but considering she apparently won divorce proceedings before and is receiving child support apparently? It looks pretty, pretty bad.
Hitting the dog, going a too far with PDA, and name calling does not mean he raped, assaulted, or sexually assaulted anyone. A lot of that isn't even confirmed either.

I made the mistake of writing off Johnny Depp because he slammed a cupboard door and yelled at his ex on camera. Because it didn't 'look good for him', he was guilty of all this other stuff in my mind.

Last edited:

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
God damnit...he's my favorite Robotnik voice...he's voiced SOOOOO many classic characters...fucking brutal day.