• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, this is really disappointing. I've been listening to his voice for probably my whole life. He needs to get the boot.

This second play through of KH3 just got a lot more awkward for me.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, this is really disappointing. I've been listening to his voice for probably my whole life. He needs to get the boot.

This second play through of KH3 just got a lot more awkward for me.

If that makes you feel better you can literally skip the pooh world entirely and miss nothing and beat the game.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Man knowing how VAs are usually all super close it makes me wonder if anyone else knew about this. He's been on Rob Paulsons podcast at least once. Rob is a stand up guy, can't imagine other people knowing about this, I hope not anyway otherwise it's just another industry that needs it ass shown.

This sucks, another super talented person who's a fucking asshole. It's not surprising anymore.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the first time that one of these has felt like a legitimate kick to the gut for me.

I've never been the type to have heroes, but I still had a childhood. Tigger practically represented part of myself as a little kid.

I don't even have words. I'm not sure there's anything in the English language that can describe how revolting it is that someone this morally reprehensible was allowed to touch so many childhoods in so many ways. I feel violated.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, besides the obvious childhood ruining shit this is, it really sucks the air out of my kingdom hearts playthrough.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I don't associate him with Pooh, Pete, or otherwise. He didn't create those characters, nor did he likely have any influence on the writing of their lines or actions. I'm sad for those that may have suffered due to Jim's choices, but he is not those characters, and I thankfully have never and will never think of him when I see or hear said characters.

As someone who lives down the street from the Magic Kingdom, I can't afford to associate voice actors with the characters they portray these days; it'd eventually ruin the place.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I don't associate him with Pooh, Pete, or otherwise. He didn't create those characters, nor did he likely have any influence on the writing of their lines or actions. I'm sad for those that may have suffered due to Jim's choices, but he is not those characters, and I thankfully have never and will never think of him when I see or hear said characters.

As someone who lives down the street from the Magic Kingdom, I can't afford to associate voice actors with the characters they portray these days; it'd eventually ruin the place.

Exactly my thoughts, He didn't think up Bonkers D. Bobcat, or Taz, he didn't draw Monterey Jack or Fat Cat, he didn't animate Zummi Gummi or Catdog, he didn't write the lines of Don Karnage, or Louie, , he just read a script into a mic.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Damn, the amount of voice work he has done probably rivals Don Messick, Mel Blanc, and Frank Welker. It would be super difficult to avoid consuming something he has worked on.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don Karnage NOOO!

Seriously, this is disheartening, both the allegations and his politics. Even if the former isn't all true (I kind of doubt it), the latter sucks. Man voiced my childhood favorites and now I find out he's trash? damnit.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
He was accused by his ex wife of some heinous shit and apparently won the court case and you care about his tone on social media ? What the fuck

I'm aware those were serious accusations and do always show concern with those involved. Just wondering how genuine he is being there. As mentioned he is claiming that he won the case. I'm just gonna see what follows.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Yeah, despite the ruling, I'm not sure how to feel. Hadn't she won restraining orders/custody rights against him previously?

Regardless, Mods, you may want to update the title. Finale Fireworker.

It also makes me wonder about those animal cruelty accusations as well. That had me just as worried too.

He's still a hardcore Republican nutcase so even if those accusations aren't true he's still ruined to me.

Oh yeah. We know for certain about that.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Well, if the court ruled in his favor, then that's that.

Meh, not really. Being cleared in a court of law doesn't stop you from being a scumbag. It just means that his case was stronger than his ex-wife's for the matter at hand, because he wasn't on trial for the accusation of having done these things, he was in a custody battle where the question of having done them would impact the outcome, but weighed against his ex-wife's conduct and history too.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
My gut was to hear out his wife and I don't regret that but it definitely seems as though there is more to this than what the accusations suggested.

If the court looked at the evidence and went in his favor, then until something else surfaces, I'm glad a conclusion was reached. It doesn't mean Jim doesn't have issues or that he's clear of being an asshole but it may indicate that he's not guilty of the horrific acts that he was accused of.

Rob Paulsen's retweet about the "truth" finally coming out is interesting. Paulsen has a pretty strong reputation for being a good hearted guy and I'm wondering if he and Jim are close or if he knew something.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing pertaining to this case would make me happier than learning that it was all bullshit. I sincerely hope that's the case, but I don't feel it is.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Dumb that he feels that way? Trump and the Republicans are hurting millions of people daily ("the cruelty is the point"), it sucks knowing that someone who's brought so much joy to peoples' lives (even just as the voice of a cartoon bear) is an active cheerleader for that.

He won't get blacklisted or anything but you don't need to be a rapist for someone to think you're trash.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Yeah, go on his Facebook. He's a Trumper.
Wow, I was just alerted to his Twitter feed and it's...something. Even without these allegations, it would've changed my view of him for the worse. In between screaming at people like Chelsea Handler and AOC, he's dropping typo-riddled hornfests at Twitch streamers. If anyone wants to deeply pain their soul, check it out: https://twitter.com/Jimcummingsacme
Not Facebook but this is one of his recent Twitter posts:

It reads exactly like a trump post.

Wow. And to think that I respected this guy.

That shit along with the allegations have made me change my view of him completely.

He's still a hardcore Republican nutcase so even if those accusations aren't true he's still ruined to me.

I feel the same way.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Yeah, despite the ruling, I'm not sure how to feel. Hadn't she won restraining orders/custody rights against him previously?

Regardless, Mods, you may want to update the title. Finale Fireworker.
Restraining orders are easy to get and not a conviction if guilt. People often misconstrue the presence of a restraining order as meaning the person is guilty. Two completely different things

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
The recent Ducktales episode practically mirrors his life. The hero becoming the villain and replaced by a new generation.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you cancelled everyone no matter how shitty you think they might be, than you wouldn't enjoy anything to be honest.

Such a weak defense. There are tons of people that don't act abusively or violently and produce media that we can consume and enjoy. But somehow everyone could be potentially cancelled so we shouldn't call out anyone. Lmao sure dude.

DanSensei

Nov 15, 2017
Normally these celebrity stories don't get more than a "huh" from me, but no joke I actually yelled "nooooo" for a good 30 seconds at this one. Why does such a legend as him, a favorite of children for generations now, need to be a rapist?

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
What in the actual fuck?!? :`( Parts of my childhood keep getting killed. What an absolute cunty garbage human.