• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
It was posted and then deleted at RoadToVR, but the internet never forgets. There was also a fairly unrevealing teaser that has now been removed from YouTube.

Fast Travel Games, the studio behind Apex Construct (2018) and Budget Cuts 2 (2019), today announced its next VR project, a horror game based in the 'World of Darkness' universe called Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife.

Fans of the World of Darkness universe and its many tabletop role-playing games are no doubt familiar with Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse.

Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife
is said to follow in the footsteps of its 1994-era tabletop RPG namesake by placing you in the modern Barclay Mansion and putting you in the ghostly shoes of a Wraith who unravels the mysteries "that await beyond the Shroud."

Erik Odeldahl, Creative Director at Fast Travel Games, says that horror games such as Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Alien: Isolation have influenced the studio to create a similar "narrative-driven, exploration-focused" horror title in the World of Darkness universe.

The game, which doesn't have a release date yet, is slated to arrive on "all major VR platforms," Fast Travel says.

A gameplay reveal and details are said to arrive during the Gamescom Now, which starts August 27th. Hopefully we'll be getting a release date then too.

We are getting a Wraith game. We did it, bois.

Last edited:

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the only games I could ever imagine officially sanctioned multiplayer trolling via your Shadow.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that all these other games come out and we STILL don't have a Werewolf game makes me sad.

At this rate we'll get a friggen Changeling game before we get a Werewolf game released. :(

OP
OP
Funky Papa

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Was excited until VR
I feel like Wraith fans can't be choosers.

Mage/Changeling/Mummy players would be so lucky if they got a crappy visual novel.

Demon fans would probably dance naked in the streets. In character.
The fact that all these other games come out and we STILL don't have a Werewolf game makes me sad.

At this rate we'll get a friggen Changeling game before we get a Werewolf game released. :(
Well, there's one in development, so there's still hope (but I don't have very high hopes for it).

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Unexpected.
I do have VR, but I'm gonna watch this one on YouTube. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm not comfortable playing horror games in VR.