• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

haku

Oct 25, 2017
Oyungezer, Turkey's most popular gaming magazine/web site published an article about the Paradox's new game, with the title of "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 Becomes the Center of the Political Arguments."

Article says there's an ongoing political debate and some gamers blame the game for making SJW propaganda. Oyungezer: "...And they are not wrong. Vampire The Masquerade's tabletop game published its fifth edition which has some additions including a character named Rudi, a black gay muslim who fights against his misogynist ancestors. Another debate started when they added the Chechnya president, Ramazan Kadirov and they portrayed him as a tyrant who kidnaps gay people and feed the vampires with them."
Oyungezer also quotes from VtM:B2's creative director's comments and claims that the game will focus on political correctness instead of the fun factor. Oyungezer also states that "...they (Paradox) announced they'll be adding he/she pronoun options in the character creation section which disturbs players".

At the end of the article, the author adds his opinions (which are already seen every inch of the article): "Although there's no indication yet whether they will shove SJW politics down our throats in Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2, I am sure there'll be SJW elements as they are using the fifth edition. I miss the good old days when everyone was free to create and have fun as much as they want without being scared of hurting others."

The comment section of the article is more horrifying than the article itself. Turkey is not a safe country for LGBT people, and feminism is something to make fun of. So, this kind of bullshit worsens the situation when it comes to the representation and the visibility of queer people, especially among youngsters.

Oyungezer is a magazine published by SETI Media, a publisher based in Turkey which is also doing the PR works for Blizzard Entertainment in Turkey. As you know, Blizzard's Overwatch has a large variety of heroes. This kind of harmful articles contradicts with their views. The founder of SETI Media, Tugbek Olek is a well-known gaming personality who also attends TEDx Talks as a speaker. Apparently he allows this kind of stuff.

UPDATE: They added an apology written by Serpil Ulutürk, the Editor-in-chief. Also the article seems edited, some sentences are removed, and all the "SJW" words are replaced with "political correctness" now.
As the scope of the debate has far surpassed what was intended to be conveyed in this article, we thought it was necessary to make an explanation regarding Oyungezer's journalistic creed:

As Oyungezer, we have tried to be a progressive and open-minded publication since our foundation. As we are a game magazine and not a political magazine, we avoided political discussion and rumors. However, when politics and gaming intersected, we always supported progressivism.

So, as Oyungezer, games touching upon social and political matters and expanding the horizons of players regarding these matters, games showing what's right is not something to be condemned, but encouraged. Especially in a world where we're worriedly watching the global rise of hatred, misogyny, homophobia(/anti-LGBT sentiment) and ethnical discrimination in gaming communities, we need many more games that include and defend positive values.

Beyond that, we think that not just game developers, but all content producers should not have "fear" but sensitivity regarding hurting the other side. [my understanding of this is that creators shouldn't be afraid of representation]

These are the values that Oyungezer represents.

For this reason, we regret that we have given the impression that we've judged a game that hasn't yet been released due to concerns based on rumors.

In the future, we will spend more effort to ensure all of our writers share the sensitivity -which we've had since the genesis of this medium- regarding how we portray Oyungezer's values.

Furthermore, with the OGZ Online editors, we will do what's necessary to separate news and personal commentary.

-Serpil Ulutürk

Thank you, @Funyarinpa

Last edited:

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
They sure?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/va...-rights-mental-illness-representation.106919/

tumblr_mqm80hcmJK1s5f9ado1_500.gif

Rezsolution

Oct 31, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
To be real for a second, people who are actually genuinely concerned about this, do they not have more important things to be worried about in life? Literally who cares about this, it's good inclusion.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
"i miss the days of just being able to not give a shit about hurting others"

quote of the fucking century, I guess?

yuck.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
"i miss the days of just being able to not give a shit about hurting others"

quote of the fucking century, I guess?

yuck.
Fucking Christ.

You'd think there'd be a moment of self-awareness in the fact they know exactly what forcing others to live in your own worldview looks like, but introspection doesn't seem a strong trait with this lot.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Did these moist dudes not play the first game ?

I'm sure they'll have plenty of options to be terrible dickwads in Bloodlines 2 anyway.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
what does NPC mean btw? other than the video game term, obviously :)
It's basically a very stupid and sad way of dehumanising people that disagree with you. The "SJW's" are called NPC's because they "repeat the same lines of speech over and over" apparently.

Which is ironic since it comes from a group of people who share the same tired unfunny cringey 4chan memes over and over again.

Mhj

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
But what if they literally shove that down our throats whenever we buy a physical copy. That would actually suck :(

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
With all this backlash I really hope the developers take it a step further and just shove it in your face at every turn , ads everywhere, spray painted slogans on walls, even the bad choices somehow lead you into a same sex relationship.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the day these shitheels leave this earthly plane for good.

Hopefully they'll see their insignificance proven to them in no uncertain terms.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
FEAR the SJW MENACE, the monster FORCING SJW AGENDA DOWN OUR THROATS
yes that's right, the SJW MONSTER is everywhere, but has its claws set keenly on VIDEO GAMES, insistent on destroying its PURITY with SJW POLITICS
i know, i know, nothing is SACRED or SAFE from the SJW AGENDA
they have already started, COMPLETELY DESTROYING such games as
um
franchise they have ruined like
err
SJWs have ruined
that
that loli game maybe
im sure there was some loli anime game that was banned or censored
and maybe some rape games that were banned
RUINED
VIDEO GAMES UNDER THREAT
I CANT BELIEVE I CAN CHOOSE MY PRONOUNS I AM OUTRAGED LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS VIDEO GAME IS RUINED BECAUSE OF THIS
if only the sjw snowflakes would stop being so offended by everything????????
RIP VIDEO GAMES 2019

EDIT: YES, exactly! The 5th Edition of VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE that is FULL of FORCED SJW stuff like
*flips through notes*
terrible TERRIBLE OVERSENSITIVE FORCED SJW STUFF LIKE
*flips pages*
um
the ability to
um
use innocent mortals as living, breathing test tubes, forcing them to eat chemicals and other materials, using their bodies as organic cauldrons
or um
err
terrorising mortals into a specific emotional state, feeding off them, and benefiting from emotional resonance blood
wait

EDIT 2:
GOT IT
THERE'S A NOTE AT THE START THAT SAYS VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE IS NOT A FASCIST FRIENDLY GAME
ALSO THERE'S A NOTE THAT SAYS MANY VAMPIRE GAME SYSTEMS AND THEMES COULD BE TRIGGERING, AND PROVIDES SUGGESTIONS FOR PLAYERS THAT WISH TO ALTER THE RULESET TO BENEFIT MORE SENSITIVE MEMBERS AT THE TABLE, BUT ONLY IF THEY WANT TO
SEE
SJW POLITICS!!!!!!!!!

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Gamers" are some of the most dense people, ever, when it comes to analysis and subtext.

I can't find the picture now, but it summarizes the subtext and commentaries of games like Assassin's Creed, MW2 and such, with gamers being oblivious, but then going apeshit about "shoving in politics" when a game has a female main character.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
"I miss the good old days when everyone was free to create and have fun as much as they want without being scared of hurting others."

I miss the brief time in my life as a kid not knowing that so many people were pieces of shit. But what can you do?

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
It's basically a very stupid and sad way of dehumanising people that disagree with you. The "SJW's" are called NPC's because they "repeat the same lines of speech over and over" apparently.

Which is ironic since it comes from a group of people who share the same tired unfunny cringey 4chan memes over and over again.
That is pretty rich coming from a site which can be accurately described as "everything is a repost of a repost of a repost" lmfao

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
"So, we're gonna have more than 2 pronouns guys..."

"GOD WHY YOU ARE SHOWING SJW PROPAGANDA RIGHT INTO MY THROAT"

I just don't understand what's their problem. I just don't.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
A person lacking agency, initiative, imagination who conforms and follows instruction without thinking for themselves.

Basically a new version of "sheeple". Carries the same pretentious assumptions.
Which is hilarious when you look at polling that shows how Republican views on things like family values and Robert Mueller change on a dime depending entirely upon how those things reflect on Donald Trump.

Oct 25, 2017
Which is hilarious when you look at polling that shows how Republican views on things like family values and Robert Mueller change on a dime depending entirely upon how those things reflect on Donald Trump.

If you try to point out that people calling others NPCs are the actual NPCs, they lose their shit and devolve into buzzword-laden rants.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Um... ok?

Not really sure what this has to do with Republicans or Trump.

Soooo tempted to pull out the Both Sides on that one.

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
They're in for a rude awakening when they see the cut scene with the lead vampire talking to the screen for 20 unedited minutes outlining every sexist trope in video games they found.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
It's absolutely insane to me that having literally any character that is not straight, white or a man is considered "SJW nonsense" I hate watched a video that I will not link to about "SJW Bullshit in Avengers Infinity War" and was basically just a clip show of every time a character from Black Panther, Scarlett Witch or Black Widow did anything.

These are the people that complain about how sensitive everybody is, then lose their minds every time something that they do not like happens on screen.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be real for a second, people who are actually genuinely concerned about this, do they not have more important things to be worried about in life? Literally who cares about this, it's good inclusion.
probably not dude. these people are radicalized online so easily specifically because they don't have more important things to be worried about.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is there a good way to get Blizzard's attention to this? I can't imagine they would want to be associated with this garbage.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These labels are really getting too much. I really don't see why it is so hard for everybody just to come to a place of "Treat others how you want to be treated. Everyone.". Art is a media form in which ARTISTS get to EXPRESS an idea. Not only should it be allowed, It should be celebrated. This whole Democrat, SJW, republican BS needs to go out the damn door. Its 2019 for fucks sake. We should be beyond dumb labels.