• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I hear this a lot, particularly Halo and Goldeneye.

Like, look I don't think Goldeneye has aged amazingly either, but it was a super fucking innovative game at the time. Remember, it came out a year before Half-Life and featured environments that felt like real places, dialogue and story pieces that were part of the level, open-ended levels with different objectives to complete...like, compare it to Quake 2, out that same year, and it is wild how different Goldeneye was from anything else, and to some extent still is.

And Halo 1, again a game that's also not aged brilliantly, introduced (for better or worse) two weapon loadouts, Melee attacks and grenades bound to different buttons, regenerating shields, the ability to just hop into vehicles and drive about, and, on a broader level, a very cinematic, setpiece heavy, story driven flair to it that you didn't really see in games often.

Like, they were both really innovative and unique games that offered a lot of unique things on the table, and I think people dismiss them because "lol PC master race, console sheeple didn't know any better."

Nov 23, 2017
PC gaming elitism is probably my least favorite part of game fandom and often more toxic than the console warriors they love to deride. And I say this whilst currently playing D:OS2 on my PC.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This thread isn't going to fuel any sort of productive conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.