• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, it's an upload by creepo-in-chief Nick Robinson. Not giving him my views. Hate his avatar btw; the exaggerated cuteness is super creepy when you know who the guy turned out to be.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
The translation of OK boomer had me laughing. Sounds way more sarcastic/demeaning.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this yesterday and was cracking the fuck up. When they say "Ok Boomer" in between all of that Japanese it just cracks me up.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Former Polygon editor; you might know him for his collaboration with Griffin McElroy - who's still, as far as we know, a precious and pure boy - on things like Car Boys and Cool Games. He got fired after, well, here you go: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/08/polygon-parts-ways-with-nick-robinson-following-twitter-claims/

And he's now a thriving YouTuber, because of course he is.
Don't know him and outside of clicking random YouTube videos posted in the OP of threads I doubt I'll ever encounter his content or be faced with a conundrum of whether I should support him or not.

That said his apology in the article you linked was an actual apology or at the very least an acceptance that he fucked up with a nod to how he understands how what he did was wrong.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
The forever cancellation of Nick Robinson is weird to me. Like, the dude put out an actual apology and basically cut himself off from his entire friend group and continues to be cut off (for years now), but now that he's putting out youtube videos we can't watch them? Is it so heartless to accept someone's apology in 2019, or do we need to be hyper against anyone who has ever done anything wrong, forever?

edit - and like, yea, what Nick did was creepy and shitty as all hell, and I don't blame anyone for not forgiving him. It's just weird to me that people will act like you're a shitty person for even watching a Nick Robinson video now, years after everything went down.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cyanity said:
It's just weird to me that people will act like you're a shitty person for even watching a Nick Robinson video now
17c.png

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
For people who didn't watch it, the guy who presented it was the one who said "this meme is already nothing but a memory" at the end in a part of the segment called "patrick's opinion" (which also seems to be a way for the token gaijin to teach english expressions using the topic as an example)