• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hey I didn't see this anywhere on the forum so I thought I'd spread the word about a gofundme/Venmo/PayPal campaign to help out the family of Jon Schnepp. You can see the details and updates on the gofundme page I linked to but basically he's suffered a "catastrophic stroke" and has been in critical condition for a little while.

From the altpress article I linked
Comic polymath/enthusiast Jon Schnepp, who has written, directed and produced such shows as METALOCALYPSE, The Venture Brothers, Upright Citizens Brigade, the documentary The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened? and episodes of Marvel's Black Panther, was admitted to a Los Angeles hospital July 12th for an undisclosed illness.

Since being admitted, Schnepp is now in critical condition. On a GoFundMe page set up for expenses, Schnepp's partner Holly Payne wrote: "Friends, Jon Schnepp is unconscious and in critical condition. I cannot tell you the details, but it is life-threatening. This is the most challenging experience of my life, but knowing he is so loved helps heal my fractured heart. All of your well wishes have not gone unnoticed. If you can contribute anything to his medical bills, that will help us both. Much love to all of you."

On a personal note this guy has made me and many others laugh a ton and even when I'm on the other side of a debate I still love listening to him. He really can take the piss out of most nerdy debates and goes on some great rants and really just has some deep deep knowledge of all things nerdy. If there's some rule about posting these I'm sorry just know I'm not associated with this in any personal way I'm just a fan of his

https://www.altpress.com/news/metalocalypse-jon-schnepp-critical-condition/

https://www.gofundme.com/getwelljonschneppfundraiser

OP
OP
Son Goku

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I love Jon's contributions to Collider commentary. It's tragic that anyone needs a gofundme when admitted to the hospital.
He's such a unique voice with both his brand of humor and his super crazy ideas for what he wants in movies. On the upside about the need for gofundme at least through the internet his family has received some great support to the tune of almost 100,000

Status
Not open for further replies.