• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
I'm confused. Nobody was wearing an iron mask.

Also it looks like the entire movie was filmed in front of a green screen with no real set.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Why would the clearly Austrian-accented Arnold be a guard in the Tower Of London?

Also I bet the film is largely focused on the other characters going on the Silk Road and stuff. Jackie and Arnold are the sideshow.

Not exactly an exciting trailer, I love the adventure genre in the style of Indiana Jones, The Mummy and National Treasure, and there were a lot of those types of adventures in the 2000s but this is not what I want for the genre's glorious return.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. Nobody was wearing an iron mask.

Also it looks like the entire movie was filmed in front of a green screen with no real set.

The escaping prisoner was, I think it was supposed to be Jason Flemyng? It looks like Arnold and Jackie are in the first scene where the prisoner escapes and the rest of the movie is the other part of the trailer. I think.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can forgive the bad acting and shitty CGI but why does all the audio sound like it was recorded in a public bathroom?

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
You can't fool me. This trailer was for clearly two different movies.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like Jackie Chan and Arnold filmed a commercial, and parts of that commercial are cut into a trailer for a completely unrelated movie.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like a fake movie trailer rather than something that's really happening.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Notice how they are in the same looking scene through out the trailer. Probably only in the movie for 20 minutes.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
There is an extreme likelihood that Arnold and Jackie are important characters who are in and out of the movie very quickly, while the rest of the 90 minute plot carries on without them.

Don't see this in theaters, see this on demand a month later for half the price.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Jackie and Arnold are definitely only in this movie for that one scene and the trailer shows almost the entire thing :P

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's probably just that one scene with them but I have to say videogame graphics have come a long way.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Is this another Chinese action movie that hired stars who were at their peak years ago? Yeah? Yeah.

I'm in. I have a weird baffled love for these flicks. Can't wait to see which old person dies while waxing lovingly about the good ol days when they had no money, food, etc but were happy because of family. It's a personal favorite trope.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
What was wrong with Forbidden Kingdom?
Not true, The Foreigner was really good. Not the usual JC movie but it does have a few action scenes and it also shows how good his acting can be.
I think The Foreigner, Karate Kid and The Forbidden Kingdom were all decent to good.
Wrong! The Foreigner was fantastic
All taken on board, but please understand that I love Jackie Chan, and his older output is fucking awesome. I have literally visited the Wing on Plaza mall where he does the big jump in Police Story. I went to this park from City Hunter... (Googled it because I couldnt remember the name. Awesome website popped up!). But I feel like Rumble In The Bronx was the last time we ever saw him doing his trademark stuff. Please don't think I'm going "Meh, what a has-been".

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
chinese blockbusters are nuts
Is this another Chinese action movie that hired stars who were at their peak years ago? Yeah? Yeah.

I'm in. I have a weird baffled love for these flicks. Can't wait to see which old person dies while waxing lovingly about the good ol days when they had no money, food, etc but were happy because of family. It's a personal favorite trope.

Apparently it's a mostly Russian production, based on a Nikolai Gogol novella, if you can believe it.