• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I would actually pay for Jackie Chan's Prison Break with Arnold Schwarzenegger as the warden.

I have no interest in whatever weird Russian/Chinese movie said Prison Break's been hastily grafted onto.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit lmao

edit edit:
Oh wait I'm thinking of a different Forbidden Kingdom I guess lol. Google says Viy is Forbidden Empire except in the UK.

Lol we were both thinking of this one?:

forbidden-kingdom.jpg

Jackie Chan rather make this bullshit than Rush Hour 4, I'm sick

Last I checked it's happening, Jackie and Chris Tucker have both said it separately. They are just waiting for the final draft of the script.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
was the dialoge sounds like it was recorded in Dalek bathroom?
I caught the original movie that this is a sequel to on TV and it's full of English actors. I was watching one scene with Jason Fleming and Charles dance and it just sounded....off.
When I googled the movie I found out the any scene with non Russian actors had been dubbed into Russian at the editing stage and then that version had been redubbed back into English for it's international release, not the original recording but getting the actors back to sync it all up.
Would not surprise me if they've did the same thing again.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Love you Jackie, but holy shit does this look like absolute trash. There were so many JC project that I looked forward to and where the cast & directors has been replaced for the worst such as Project X traction, where Jackie & Stallone would team up and now it's John Cena instead....

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Urghhh...this is one of those Hollywood movie fully funded by China's government-approved company. It's trash, self-mastubatory and just cringe all around.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I knew this was a Chinese production as soon as I saw the CG. I don't know why, but so many Chinese films just can't get their CG to look natural.

The budget for this is under $50m, so it should make a profit, but man, it looks all kinds of awful in the production department. The sound mixing in the trailer is beyond bad.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
ffpkFwK.gif

Weirdly enough, when i think of "The Iron Mask", i don't think of the tower of London, Russia, the Great Wall of China, or people riding dragons and monsters throwing knives. So.... Yeah...

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Whys it look like the majority of the movie follows randos defending a villiage against a dragon, and the celeb fight will be 10 min at the start?

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Whys it look like the majority of the movie follows randos defending a villiage against a dragon, and the celeb fight will be 10 min at the start?

Yeah, there's clearly a misconnection between the two segments of the trailer. I suppose the white dude we see traveling around is the guy in the mask with the Jackie/Arnold fight but that's the only possible link i see.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Seems like a blast to watch in theatres.
Arnold & Jackie are always a joy to watch, some beers and popcorn in hand.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
All taken on board, but please understand that I love Jackie Chan, and his older output is fucking awesome. I have literally visited the Wing on Plaza mall where he does the big jump in Police Story. I went to this park from City Hunter... (Googled it because I couldnt remember the name. Awesome website popped up!). But I feel like Rumble In The Bronx was the last time we ever saw him doing his trademark stuff. Please don't think I'm going "Meh, what a has-been".
If the argument is is more recent stuff isn't as great as his best work then I'm on board 100%. His acting and comedy chops are still on point and even his worst stuff (The Tuxedo...) is entertaining as hell. The dude is 65, he's not going to be moving like he did in his 20's and 30's especially if he's still doing all his own stunts.

This movie looks goofy and disjointed but so did early trailers for Forbidden Kingdom. I'm hoping they don't see this kind of response and just spoil the whole movie via trailer just to show "See Jackie and Arnorld are in it for more than 5 minutes!".

Deleted member 29293

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wow, this looks terrible. And Jackie and Arnie will 100% not play a role in this movie after the first 5 minutes. Those must be 99% of their scenes.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
If the argument is is more recent stuff isn't as great as his best work then I'm on board 100%. His acting and comedy chops are still on point and even his worst stuff (The Tuxedo...) is entertaining as hell. The dude is 65, he's not going to be moving like he did in his 20's and 30's especially if he's still doing all his own stunts.

This movie looks goofy and disjointed but so did early trailers for Forbidden Kingdom. I'm hoping they don't see this kind of response and just spoil the whole movie via trailer just to show "See Jackie and Arnorld are in it for more than 5 minutes!".
I always thought it was odd he didn't have any younger protoges to teach his style of comedy and action to.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
First I wondered why an IGN trailer, then I saw the PS3 cutscene level CGI scenes

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The trailer's impressively bad - the script is awful, the sound mixing is echoey, 90% of it is greenscreened, the plot seems completely nonsensical. Is it a twist on The Man in the Iron Mask? How does that have anything to do with an evil Chinese empress who has a dragon? WTF.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be the first time a Jackie Chan cameo was used to sell a movie

51CZTHM7JJL._SY445_.jpg

Jackie is in for 3 minutes as a unnamed ambulance driver

robot

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like the good kind of trash, provided it's not 3.5 hours long.

Also, very strange they made no effort to connect the seemingly two separate storylines. Jackie and Arnold just hanging out in the Tower of London while Flemyng goes off on crazy Russia/China adventures?

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What in the hell did I just watch. What the fuck does the iron mask have to do with any of that.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks like the good kind of trash, provided it's not 3.5 hours long.

Also, very strange they made no effort to connect the seemingly two separate storylines. Jackie and Arnold just hanging out in the Tower of London while Flemyng goes off on crazy Russia/China adventures?
I'm guessing Jackie is sent to break out Flyming to send him to China, only to be killed by Arnold.