• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, fellow white person. This kind of performative self-flagellation is bullshit and is asking POC to take on even more emotional labor to respond to it. Sometimes, most of the time, the right action is to shut up, listen, and signal boost the voices of the people actually affected by what is happening. Not to self-pityingly turn all the attention on yourself.

Stop.
Well GD this is a good post

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the greatest "sins" and atrocities in the modern era were committed by Europeans, often in the name of whiteness. So if by "best thing that ever happened" he means the Europeans conquest and oppression of numerous classes of people, their ideas, and land that has gone for ages, what does "best" even mean? Being great never meant being good.

Point me to an achievement that can be credited to white people, and I'll bet there is likely an oppressed group that assisted but not given credit, or were harmed in the process to make it happen.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Guy is clearly drunk or high, but those are probably his actual beliefs. In relation to non-white contributions to "civilization"...

-writing
-the wheel
-the plow
-paper
-printing
-gun powder
-the compass
-alcohol fermentation
-heart transplant
-CAT scan
-cardiopad
-colour TV
-ballpoint pen

Shouldn't even need to do this, but there it is.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
We have destroyed so much of the world, not just this country, singlehandedly. Saying that we are even close to the best comes off as so cynical I can hardly grasp how to begin responding to it sincerely

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Is there anything more indicative of the nature of white privilege than a drunk white loser explicitly trying to coast on the successes of others

Oct 25, 2017
We have destroyed so much of the world, not just this country, singlehandedly. Saying that we are even close to the best comes off as so cynical I can hardly grasp how to begin responding to it sincerely

You see, white people hastening the demise of the human race really is the best thing that could happen to the planet. I'm sure everything else on earth will be much happier without us.

Deleted member 26394

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Guy is clearly drunk or high, but those are probably his actual beliefs. In relation to non-white contributions to "civilization"...

-writing
-the wheel
-the plow
-paper
-printing
-gun powder
-the compass
-alcohol fermentation
-heart transplant
-CAT scan
-cardiopad
-colour TV
-ballpoint pen

I'm going to need some evidence on the printing thing and I'm somehow sure it wasn't called gunpowder.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good example of how white nationalism is attractive to dweebs. Makes them feel like they are a part of the rise of western nations while they are 50K in debt and working at Starbucks.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'm going to need some evidence on the printing thing and I'm somehow sure it wasn't called gunpowder.

Looks like it was called black powder. As for printing:

"Copper movable type printing originated in China at the beginning of the 12th century. It was used in large-scale printing of paper money issued by the Northern Song dynasty. Movable type spread to Korea during the Goryeo dynasty. Around 1230, Koreans invented a metal type movable printing using bronze."

I think you're slightly missing the point, though. Treating world history and the history of civilized society isn't a pissing contest and shouldn't be treated as such. (I say as I piss out this list)

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
From the sharing food in China thread, it feels like some people here share this guy's opinion.

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread is basically "Inflammatory Racist Derail Post Avoids Ban." Mods should update the thread title accordingly.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

-writing
-the wheel
-the plow
-paper
-printing
-gun powder
-the compass
-alcohol fermentation
-heart transplant
-CAT scan
-cardiopad
-colour TV
-ballpoint pen

Also noodles :p

aka pasta

That's right SUCK IT ITALY.

(lol)

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

-writing
-the wheel
-the plow
-paper
-printing
-gun powder
-the compass
-alcohol fermentation
-heart transplant
-CAT scan
-cardiopad
-colour TV
-ballpoint pen

But White people improved all of these! Did you see what writing looked like before English!?

Chaos-Theory

Dec 6, 2018

-writing
-the wheel
-the plow
-paper
-printing
-gun powder
-the compass
-alcohol fermentation
-heart transplant
-CAT scan
-cardiopad
-colour TV
-ballpoint pen

The concept of zero should be added as well.

Without zero, we wouldn't have the additive identity of addition: x + 0 = x, where zero is the additive identity. Also, Newton's 2nd Law of Motion becomes meaningless:
F = ma => F - ma = ?.

Zero is such an important concept to mathematics as well as a tremendous step in humankind's intellectual evolution.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

-writing
-the wheel
-the plow
-paper
-printing
-gun powder
-the compass
-alcohol fermentation
-heart transplant
-CAT scan
-cardiopad
-colour TV
-ballpoint pen

-BBQ
-Algebra
-crops that white people are all about today. Namely Cacao, Maiz, Tobacco, and Ahuacatl

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
But who invented pumpkin spice latte?

Checkmate.

Well, Pumpkins are native to the Americas. Same for Potatoes and Peanuts.

Still on the topic of the Pumpkin Spice Latte.... PoC were the first to cultivate Coffee. No "old world" Coffee, no "new world" Pumpkins, no Pumpkin Spice Lattes! And one could say, "But, Pumpkin Pie Spice has no pumpkins in it! Checkmate!!" Ah, but there'd be no "Pumpkin Pie Spice" if there were no Pumpkins for Pumpkin Pies.

Also, PoC were the first to cultivate the crop that is "the most WHITEST of flavors", Vanilla.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
As a POC, I have never understood self hating white people. This is just cringe inducing. Don't shame your heritage for the actions of idiots.

I'm kind of glad to see there are other people who think this without crossing the whole "but what about white history month?" line

The legacy and ongoing reality of white supremacy doesn't mean you should turn your asshole inside out in an effort to please everyone with how woke you are. It's odd and kind of pathetic.

Last edited:

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White dude here and yeah it's dumb. It always comes across to me as virtue signaling. You can be an ally without hating yourself or heritage.

How is this virtue signalling? Honestly having issue with criticizing white people smells way more like alt-right people trying to use some reverse racism card.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm kind of glad to see there are other people who think this without crossing the whole "but what about white history month?" line

The legacy and ongoing reality of white supremacy doesn't mean you should turn your asshole inside out in an effort to please everyone with how woke you are. It's odd and kind of pathetic.

"cucks", am I rite?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
The majority of White Americans are pretty shitty though. We keep electing monsters to the government that willfully hurt minorities and the poor.

I don't think there is anything wrong with calling us out. But no, I don't hate my race because I don't hate myself. I just recognize a current problem.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
"We" LOL
This is classic example why nationalism is so stupid. He didn't do anything in his life and try hijack other people accomplishment as his own.

Ethnicities aren't real in the abstract they are social constructs meaningful for various reasons. In the sense that people use them all are thus meaningful. Doesn't mean German as ethnicity, which is again different from a civic identification, is somehow more real than white American.

It's certainly easy to poke holes in all your examples. Bretons in France, Basque in Spain and France, Northern Italian "Celtic" separatists and Südtriol in Italy, Frisians and Schleswig in Germany. Probably Sami in your country. The conflation of the ethic/nation with the state is dangerous in many places not just the states. It's also the basis for almost all modern states.

Feels nice to read insightful and informed posts like these.

As Agatha Christie's Miss Marple was fond to say "Human nature is the same everywhere."

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
He since released a statement upside his comments was taken out of context, i am not joking

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
White supremacists (American ones specifically) like to call themselves Europeans even if they couldn't tell you the last time one of their ancestors were born there.
As a Spaniard, the difference between when Americans and Canadians assume I'm Mexican (always) and when they learn I'm actually Spanish is astonishing.

Oct 31, 2017
Oh yeah, you're so right. Totally cucks. That's definitely what I'm getting at. Here I am, good 'ole me, gaslighting resetera by one month arguing for a black power movement in the Democratic party, and another month condemning race-traitor soy boys

I've been had!

My post was a response to the post I quoted not your overall internet persona

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
He since released a statement upside his comments was taken out of context, i am not joking
They cut the "I don't believe anything I'm about to say, this is merely performance art." part from the beginning.
As a Spaniard, the difference between when Americans and Canadians assume I'm Mexican (always) and when they learn I'm actually Spanish is astonishing.
I'm pretty surprised how common it is for people to refer to Latinos as "Spanish" still.

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
One idiot says something stupid should really not be worthy of a thread or any outrage.
If you hear this dumbass say these things, challenge him.. but don't try to publicize his dumb ideas.

Deleted member 26394

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looks like it was called black powder. As for printing:

"Copper movable type printing originated in China at the beginning of the 12th century. It was used in large-scale printing of paper money issued by the Northern Song dynasty. Movable type spread to Korea during the Goryeo dynasty. Around 1230, Koreans invented a metal type movable printing using bronze."

I think you're slightly missing the point, though. Treating world history and the history of civilized society isn't a pissing contest and shouldn't be treated as such. (I say as I piss out this list)
If I was treating it as a pissing contest I'd be pointing out we made (some of) our biggest advances by finding new applications for things the Chinese invented.

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
White supremacists (American ones specifically) like to call themselves Europeans even if they couldn't tell you the last time one of their ancestors were born there.
Yeah, as soon as you hear a white dude or dudette utter that they are "European" in the context of chest-pounding, you pretty much know what's up.

"Nordic" and "Scandanavian" mean you 100% know what's up.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have to give the "best thing that happened to the world" award to trees.

Thanks for the oxygen. 🌳🌳🌳