• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I am done with Auto Chess for now. Until they nerf the crap out of mechs there is no reason to play.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been having a lot of fun with this, just had a few questions.

How exactly do items like staff of wizardry work? Does it only apply the debuff on auto attacks? or also ults? For example, would Juggernauts spin apply it to all targets? How about Luna's AA?

Also, If you get 2 of the same unit on round 1, is locking to guarantee both a good strategy? Or should I not bother if it's weaker?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How exactly do items like staff of wizardry work? Does it only apply the debuff on auto attacks? or also ults? For example, would Juggernauts spin apply it to all targets? How about Luna's AA?

Also, If you get 2 of the same unit on round 1, is locking to guarantee both a good strategy? Or should I not bother if it's weaker?
I believe it's only on auto attacks

that's a tough one, I find it's worth it to lock for 3 regulars or 2 druids, but to limit your possibility for an even better hand on round 2 is a huge risk.
If you are dead set on bounty hunter or drow or something, but typically those level 1 heroes won't be good in the mid and late game

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

1. On auto attacks. Make sure to put it on heros that do aoe damage. Stuff like lina is worthless cause she'll often ult something she isn't even auto attacking. I don't believe Luna's passive AA triggers effects either, could be wrong.

2. Don't ever do this. Only if it's 3 and you can guarantee a tier 2 unit. All things considered your early unit picks don't mean much, so committing so hard for just the chance of a tier 2 unit is too much. Much better just picking a single unit and getting 2 of them appearing on the next board, as well as higher/better tier units.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it's only on auto attacks

that's a tough one, I find it's worth it to lock for 3 regulars or 2 druids, but to limit your possibility for an even better hand on round 2 is a huge risk.
If you are dead set on bounty hunter or drow or something, but typically those level 1 heroes won't be good in the mid and late game
1. On auto attacks. Make sure to put it on heros that do aoe damage. Stuff like lina is worthless cause she'll often ult something she isn't even auto attacking. I don't believe Luna's passive AA triggers effects either, could be wrong.

2. Don't ever do this. Only if it's 3 and you can guarantee a tier 2 unit. All things considered your early unit picks don't mean much, so committing so hard for just the chance of a tier 2 unit is too much. Much better just picking a single unit and getting 2 of them appearing on the next board, as well as higher/better tier units.
Thanks!

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Troll buff(4), Elemental Buff(4), Warlock Buff(3) and Warrior Buff for Troll Warlord, Tiny and Doom. That was a really fun team to play. Attack speed, Lifesteal and a chance for melee attackers to turn to stone for everyone. Troll Warlord and Doom also had good items and were just chewing through the entire team.
Dota_2_Screenshot_2019.03.07_-_18.26.35.44.png

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Troll/Warlock is one of my favorites. Love adding Luna since it gives you knight 2 and she's a beast with the troll/warlock passive. Undead 2 is easy to get with it now too due to 2 undead warlocks (why?)

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dota2 play skyrocketing in Korean PC bbang play because of Autochess

lz1osrhbjtk21.png

Troll/Warlock is one of my favorites. Love adding Luna since it gives you knight 2 and she's a beast with the troll/warlock passive. Undead 2 is easy to get with it now too due to 2 undead warlocks (why?)
Death Prophet is so weird, I can never tell if she's effective

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize someone had made a version of Auto Chess in Warcraft 3. All coming full circle.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't recommend buying candy in the near future
If Drodo sells the gam not sure what happens to the Dota mod

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://old.reddit.com/r/AutoChess/comments/azz22j/source_code_patch_notes_march_11_2019/

patchup

https://old.reddit.com/r/AutoChess/comments/b02zn9/season_2_coming_next_month/
https://ww.iyingdi.com/web/article/home/71687
via google translate
After the end of this month, self-going will usher in a new season, and each stage will have different rewards. The reward gap between the segments is large, but the current reward is still undetermined.

At present, the official only reveals the simple message mentioned above. We speculate that, like other games, after the end of the month of the month, each person's level of the position may be reversed, giving the player more room to punch.

At present, with the patch-changing environment, and the continuous iteration of strategic innovations (such as the popularity of betting), the self-going chess environment will undergo major changes in a short period of time. How to adapt to the version change at that time, and rushing to high scores every season, will become a compulsory course for every player.
Season 2 coming in April

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
From Reddit

On a Chinese gaming forum, NGA, the devs of DAC will post there from time to time. Today, someone raised the concern that the devs may shift their focus to mobile version and stop updating DAC. The devs replied:" We won't stop updating DAC. Actually, updating DAC will be our top priority and the reference for mobile version. Mobile version just provides more options for people who can't play the game on PC."

Doubt this is true once that mobile money starts rolling in but gives me a bit of hope at least

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
They got their start in Dota with Gem TD so there is a long relationship
who knows though money changes people

If they would just reimplement some way to take my money I would feel better about them continuing to support it. If it's not profitable though I feel like it's just a matter of time

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Don't worry. We will continue working on Dota 2 version even after this mobile launched. We will update our English website for this mobile version very soon. Thanks for all your love!

We'll see how much that holds true, if they do I'll for sure play both, they have me hooked.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
i just hope its easier to do stuff in mobile cause its already annoying to do in regular dota

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
That's a good point since they'll likely want it to be able to run on a wide range of devices. I'm interested to see what they do

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
No AI battles is a deal breaker to me. It's a completely different game without it.

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Every time I end up making a Doom 3 the game ends that turn. Last time, the opponent died to trolls before I could see the Doom 3 in action.

This time, I finished the Doom 3 just in time for the last fight before winning. But right at the start of the battle, the opponent's Tony threw my Doom into the corner and the game was over before he could do anything :(

I just wanna see a Doom 3 chunk through things :( :( :(

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
AI battles is a staple of hero brawlers. Pretty much every other mobile hero brawler does it already. If they skip out, it'd be to save on session time.