• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Just had my strongest unit ever, 3* Beastmaster with Assault Cuirass. I sat him in the backline to protect my medusa and he two shot any unit who came near him. Next to last round he had a 526DPS score. It was absolutely silly.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just had my strongest unit ever, 3* Beastmaster with Assault Cuirass. I sat him in the backline to protect my medusa and he two shot any unit who came near him. Next to last round he had a 526DPS score. It was absolutely silly.
The best I can get is BH 3 star or a SF 3 star
I usually dump all my item on them and they own

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
The best I can get is BH 3 star or a SF 3 star
I usually dump all my item on them and they own

The "dump all my items on them" part is where I usually come up short. No matter how good a unit you have, two mana regen stones a couple cloaks and an armor or two doesn't really do much to improve them.

Moving him to the backline also helped a lot. He was doing enough damage to set off the big ults up front, but in the back he was an anti-assassin and gave my team time to land their abilities.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OBMF9xn.jpg

4.2 M plaid

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Last night I had the most satisfying win. I wasn't getting anything so I just kept buying the beastmasters that showed up. Two level 2 beastmasters made up my frontline with a shadow shaman and witchdoctor and then a level 2 viper.

Got an early level 3 beastmaster with a ton of items and eventually troll synergy with a disruptor and they rolled face for round after round.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it will launch separately or how they handle the monetization.

It would be pretty cool if they remade the cosmetics for Dota Chess

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I tried to go assassins last night and it just pooed on me with no combinations for upgrades

also got 2 or 3 top 3s and they were all 1 candy -_-

I'm getting pretty tired of the end game being the same compositions of 4 and 5 star units. Makes it really boring. Feel like they should reward synergy more rather than "this guy has a tidehunter"

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I tried to go assassins last night and it just pooed on me with no combinations for upgrades

I'm getting pretty tired of the end game being the same compositions of 4 and 5 star units. Makes it really boring. Feel like they should reward synergy more rather than "this guy has a tidehunter"
Synergy is rewarded end game!
"This guy has a Tidehunter AND Medusa"

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Warriors and especially troll warlord need to get toned down.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

That's more of an issue of assassins, they just get shit on end game due to CC and burst dmg.

I will agree that the power ramp from Tier 4 to Tier 5 is a bit too much. Both techies and Tide are amazing units even if they don't fit your team comp. EIther Tier 5 stuff needs to be toned down, or low tier level 3s need a buff to make them worth using over tier 5 lvl 1 units.

Last edited:

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Synergy is rewarded end game!
"This guy has a Tidehunter AND Medusa"
Exactly lol

I just need more viable strats, because most of them are stale af already. My post wasn't just because of the assassins game, it's just every match has the same 3-4. Pick between enigma tide techies gyro, and then disruptor medusa kunkka and that's the comp of every endgame.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Techies bomb AoE needs to be reduced so his positioning actually matters outside of "put him in the front so he casts early".

Disruptor is also still absurd. I find that most end game fights come down to whose Disruptor goes off first.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Damn I hate how weak assassins are. Even with a full lineup of six they barely do any damage once you meet a full warrior or knight lineup. Something needs tuning

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Also they need to look at their draft. It should be a shared pool with equal amounts of the heroes.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Satyr racial design is absolute dogshit.
If you can spare the slot, there's no reason to not pick up Satyr.
If you actually want to go Satyr, you have to contend with all the other players who don't want to go Satyr but pick him up for his racial.

Like... just why. Shit design. Shit all around.

And another undead warlock? lol plz.
DP + Necro for the 2 undead, 2 warlock combo is just completely unwarranted.