• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

s1lver

Oct 28, 2017
9a8y.gif

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm just sitting here and all of a sudden the PS5 turns on, slow flashing blue light, then goes back to sleep lol. Turn it on and it wants me to update the controller (doing it now). Sneaky lil pS5.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Shit... my returnal run

I had it happen to me twice. THE PAIN lol.

You can change the system settings to where it doesn't auto update or install updates rather in rest mode. First time I was actually able to keep my Returnal progress AND connect to the server. Second time (post keyboard command cheats) it wouldn't let me connect to the server but I said fuck it and kept going lol.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Internal storage support please

After Ratchet and FF7 I literally have 1GB spare

slider

Nov 10, 2020
I'm sure this has been covered at length before but why does the dual sense have a separate update? It'd be nice if it could be done in a oner.

I did update it last time and thought it was a bit odd.

Mischler

Dec 1, 2020
I'm sure this has been covered at length before but why does the dual sense have a separate update? It'd be nice if it could be done in a oner.

Because the controller has to be connected to the console with a cable to do the update. People with more than one controller have to update them all seperately.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Game library is different. Instead of one big list of your games it's broken down into sections like installed, Plus, Now and your whole list.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wish you could update Dualsense wirelessly. I have my PS5 in another room away from my TV so it is kinda weird to coordinate. At least it defaults on the update button so I can just press x. It could easily detect how much battery life the controller has in order to keep it from making a mistake updating the firmware while it was low or something. I get why they do it, though.

pure

Jun 18, 2019
Germany
Mine used to open on collection first, it goes to installed ones straight away now though and collection is the next tab along.

PS-App-20210609-111850.jpg
This was already the case yesterday. They changed this before the update. Seems like they have the ability to push out configuration changes without updates.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
This was already the case yesterday. They changed this before the update. Seems like they have the ability to push out configuration changes without updates.
Might have just been a case of someone recieving the update early without realising, because most people on that thread said that their's didn't change.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Still not fixed error CE-107552-0 when copying a PS4 game from internal to external for me.

Would welcome some advice on the best way to report this long-standing error to Sony, is it just to go through the regular supper channels or is there some specific place to report technical issues?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
And I just checked...I have an system update available....

I was gonna post about this yesterday. This is interesting...lol.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Just out of curiousity, has Sony explained why they changed the firmare version numbering on the PS5? Or for PS5 games patches in general. Why not just label it as before (like version 2.15 for example)? :)

Patch Notes

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
release notes:

Version: 21.01-03.20.00
  • This system software update improves system performance.
  • We've updated the DualSense wireless controller device software to improve stability.
  • We've fixed an issue that restricted the functionality of some screens when the screen reader was enabled.
  • We've fixed an issue where games that you've hidden on PS4 were not hidden on PS5.
  • We've made the process of copying games from USB extended storage to console storage in the game library more stable.

How to update system software on a PS5 console

For the best PlayStation experience, make sure your PlayStation®5 console system software is always updated to the latest version.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
release notes:

Version: 21.01-03.20.00

• This system software update improves system performance.
  • We've updated the DualSense wireless controller device software to improve stability.
  • We've fixed an issue that restricted the functionality of some screens when the screen reader was enabled.
  • We've fixed an issue where games that you've hidden on PS4 were not hidden on PS5.
  • We've made the process of copying games from USB extended storage to console storage in the game library more stable.

How to update system software on a PS5 console

For the best PlayStation experience, make sure your PlayStation®5 console system software is always updated to the latest version.
So much stability.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
We've made the process of copying games from USB extended storage to console storage in the game library more stable.
Yes, this needed an update. Will see how this works now. Just copying from console storage to external overall needed stability.

Guess I'll be updating now.