1.4 Bug Report Thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what determines default sizes of webpages to display on a browser but for me (on Firefox 59.0.3) the new design is slightly wider than it should be, introducing a horizontal scroll bar as a result. Zooming out from the default view fixes the issue. Not sure if it's just me.

Edit: Ah right I see this has already been reported. I seem to be getting the mobile version of the site in the default zoom view on Firefox (and Chrome and Edge it seems).

Last edited:

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
Hello, I'm having issues seeing tweets that are embedded to posts and the ads when I'm using a desktop PC Browser (Chrome and Firefox). This only happen with a desktop browser, when I'm in my phone I can see with no problem tweets and ads. Thank you. I'm not using any extension on my pc browser.

Oct 30, 2017
Internet Explorer (on desktop):

Images are missing the bottom 1/4 of the image. Also, I can't even read any replies if someone is quoting something. All I can see is part of the quote. It just looks like everyone is quoting somebody (and only part of it) and cuts off whatever the new reply is.

Rechecked it comparing it to Chrome. Chrome looks right, I can see complete posts. Internet Explorer seems to have issues..

Ketkat

Heart & Mind
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if its intentional or not, but Verified users on the new themes don't stand out very much at all and just have a grey "verified user" now. I personally really liked the image from before. Its also all lower case which is just more of a pet peeve.

When you click on someone's name on the forum and see their profile preview, the links to their youtube/twitter are still there underneath their avatar, but its completely invisible on DayERA. I can see them on NightERA though. These links have also never worked properly for me. They seem to just link to www.resetera.com/whateverthechannelis instead of redirecting to youtube or twitter.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what determines default sizes of webpages to display on a browser but for me (on Firefox 59.0.3) the new design is slightly wider than it should be, introducing a horizontal scroll bar as a result. Zooming out from the default view fixes the issue. Not sure if it's just me.

Edit: Ah right I see this has already been reported. I seem to be getting the mobile version of the site in the default zoom view on Firefox (and Chrome and Edge it seems).
Came to report this, glad it's already in here :)

TeenageFBI

Oct 25, 2017
Landscape mode looks all wrong in Safari on a 13 inch iPad Pro 2. I'm running iOS 11.3 (I’m not on 11.3.1 because it introduces a few bugs.)

First of all, the page is a bit too wide to comfortably read (screen01). I’d prefer a slight border on each side, similar to the border in portrait mode (screen02). This is just an aesthetic issue though. The actual bug has to do with the bookmarks bar:

If the bookmarks bar on the left side of Safari is open in landscape mode, the page bleeds off the right side of the screen (screen03). It’s possible to zoom the window out to see everything, but then the text is too small, not to mention that the display bug happens again every time a new page is loaded (screen04).

Chrome iOS is OK but that's only because it doesn't have a bookmark bar on the left side of the screen.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm also having the mobile view bug on Windows 10. Both in Chrome and Edge.
But Edge also butchers the hangout icons in the footer:

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any acknowledgement yet of the problem with clicking on embedded twitter links in Safari? It just leads to a white page with a clickable "continue" link and nothing happens. The URL after you click on a tweet contains part of a Github address. It's been like this for weeks and going by the last thread a lot of people were having the same problem.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This isn't a bug strictly related to the new themes, but I don't know where else to mention it and don't want it creeping into the new themes.

Whenever there's a quote with an embedded tweet, it's impossible to expand the quote on mobile (or at least Chrome on Android) as it always opens the tweet in a new tab instead of expanding. I've never had an issue with this on desktop or on a tablet.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
On my iPad Pro 10.5 portrait mode defaults to the desktop view while being in landscape goes to the tablet mode.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
There is an embedded video fullscreen bug with Night Era when using Mobile Chrome on Android. Essentially, it just goes to the top of the page and zooms in, not showing the video

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Night Era makes my browser crash every few minutes. Mostly happens when it's in the middle of loading a thread or something. DarkEra doesn't do that.

On mobile, Firefox.

Nov 26, 2017
Birmingham
Can someone tell me why this is happening on Chrome on my Google pixel?

I'm missing half of the information whenever a link is added in a text box or a Twitter link and I'm unable to scroll and vote it.

I've tried it on other Chrome apps on other phones and it seems to be working fine. How can I fix this?

Dec 4, 2017
When I click on "Quote" under a message and then "Insert quotes" when making a post, the window with the quotes now gets stuck in the "Loading" phase.

Happens in Safari 9.1 on a MacBook Air. "Insert quote" function works normally in Safari for iOS, though.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
So, I thought the "always see mobile theme even when on desktop" thing was fixed... but I see it is still happening on my laptop. On my desktop however... it correctly shows the new desktop theme. Weird!?

Yes, I tried clearing all cookies. Still happens.

Both computers have the same OS and Browser version btw. Windows 10 1803 (new summer feature update that just came out), and Firefox 61 Beta

Only thing I can think of is my laptop has a touch screen (it's a hybrid, can convert from laptop mode to tablet mode, but I always use it in laptop mode when browsing) so something in the code must be seeing that and thinking I'm using a tablet or other touch device. But that is not intended behavior I believe.

If this won't get fixed at least give users a way to FORCE it to desktop or mobile view.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if anybody else having the same problem but whenever my post is quoted among other quotes in a single post I dont get the alert

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if anybody else having the same problem but whenever my post is quoted among other quotes in a single post I dont get the alert
That has been happening occasionally since the launch of ERA. I don't think it's theme-specific.

It's most likely an issue with the core functionality of XenForo, the underlying forum software that ERA is using.

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It could be that they edited in your quote after making their initial post. In that case you wouldn't receive an alert

DiipuSurotu

Oct 25, 2017
France
That has been happening occasionally since the launch of ERA. I don't think it's theme-specific.

It's most likely an issue with the core functionality of XenForo, the underlying forum software that ERA is using.
It's not a bug. It's due to the poster quoting you in an edit of his initial post.

Editing a post doesn't generate additional alerts, which makes sense because otherwise people would be getting way too many alerts.

OP
OP
Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
We've deployed some bug fixes on our test site, but we haven't released them to live yet.

Bonki

Jan 10, 2018
I just realized that my new skins never kicked in, because Preferences just reverts to my legacy theme when I save the changes. I realized because my MacBook/Safari loaded the new theme while my Windows desktop’s Chrome didn’t. Tried whitelisting cookie for [*.]resetera.com whici didn’t work either.

UPDATE: Got it to work when I used the style chooser in the bottom left instead of going through Preferences.

Last edited:

MCN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Why won't the new themes let me go full-width? I didn't buy a widescreen monitor to have everything squashed into the middle with massive empty areas either side.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This isn’t well optimized for iPad at all. The width doesn’t fit the screen, so there’s a small amount of scrolling to the left and right as you go up and down, like the page is floating.

OP
OP
Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
Why won't the new themes let me go full-width? I didn't buy a widescreen monitor to have everything squashed into the middle with massive empty areas either side.
This thread is for reporting bugs. It is not for commentary on why you bought a widescreen monitor. Please follow the directions of other posters when reporting potential bugs.

Device used, browser, and OS are the information we are looking for, along with the issue you are facing.

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal

Mobile version, when I go fullscreen on YouTube videos this happens, and there's no way to resize, it won't even let me scroll down.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting these bad gateway errors since last night, not sure if I'm the only one or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.