1.4 Bug Report Thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2017
Can someone tell me why this is happening on Chrome on my Google pixel?

I'm missing half of the information whenever a link is added in a text box or a Twitter link and I'm unable to scroll and vote it.

I've tried it on other Chrome apps on other phones and it seems to be working fine. How can I fix this?
Hi, we have solved a similar bug on the test site already. Can you link me the posts displayed in the screenshots? I can verify if this would be solved by the next deploy or not.

EDIT: Never mind, I found them ;)

To everybody that is reporting the YouTube fullscreen bug on mobile, it has been solved on test and will be fixed with the next deploy.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
If you guys are going to limit the width of the content then why aren't the width of the ads being limited as well? The ads stretch past the width of the page and causes horizontal scrolling on my android tablet.

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me why this is happening on Chrome on my Google pixel?

I'm missing half of the information whenever a link is added in a text box or a Twitter link and I'm unable to scroll and vote it.

I've tried it on other Chrome apps on other phones and it seems to be working fine. How can I fix this?
change the display size to something bigger would 'fix' this for now.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is vaguely bug-ish: You appear to not be able to read the alert about the updated privacy policy... until you've actually *accepted* the updated privacy policy. While I see no issue in the content, it'd be nice to get some context for the update in advance!

Oct 28, 2017
Win10 x64
Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Issue:
Strange behaviour, It only loads the active imgur animation (gif/mp4v), but wont load the other embedded imgur animations when scrolling down.
Tried disabling all extensions + clearing all cache. Started happening just recently, might be on my side but i dunno.
https://imgur.com/a/W6O5sx5

Might be on my end though. Embedding imgur links seems fubared here. Hm..

EDIT:
So here's a screenshot, loading the previous post.
https://imgur.com/a/SmH43Ao
Working as intended. Once i scroll down to the next embedded imgur gif/mp4v it looks like the first picture.
I think it's on my end, though.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Does anyone know why my auto-correct spits out gibberish on this site? My predictive text works fine but only if I haven't typoed anything before I pick the word. Google pixel in chrome if it helps.

It's been this way for a long time

Oct 28, 2017
I can't watch YouTube full screen on the new forum skins correctly. It always bugs out or never shows up.

I have reverted to the older skins for this issue alone.

Red Alert

Banned
Mar 25, 2018
Youtube and twitter videos are now completely not working.

full video on youtube werent working before either.

I AM ON legacy but normal doesnt work either(day)

Oct 27, 2017
So yeah. I had Chrome open to the Video Games Forum, and I went to go do something and came back to find myself redirected to this.

Seriously?

https://youwinner.online/click.php?key=jzd5e0upvfk7cmwe858k&location=ads.simpli.fi&referer=https://lax1-ib.adnxs.com/ab?e=wqT_3QKWB_BClgMAAAMA1gAFAQjixYHYBRDW-8Tns-KdonwY8Zatp87t3MkaKjYJl3wrk5Pp3T8RwYl5ZpcW1T8ZAAAAAClcB0AhwQ0SACkRJMgxAAAAIK5H4T8w89-uBjjMCkDnB0hCUPb1lS5Yz6VDYABoxaZceMTSBIABAYoBA1VTRJIFBvDYmAHYBaABWqgBAbABALgBAcABBcgBAtABANgBAOABAPABANgCrAPgAsOXSOoCLmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnJlc2V0ZXJhLmNvbS9mb3J1bXMvdmlkZW8tZ2FtZXMuNy_yAnQKC1NJRklfUEFSTVMxEmUyNjQyM0NBOTYxNEFCNzVBOTg4NjQ3QkEwMjI1MDEzMiZzaWZpPTY3MTMsODg5NTI3LDcwNTQwNDMsMTcyNDcxMTQ1MjY3NDgsMiwxLDMsNDEzLDAsMjA2LDksdiw2LjA3NTk2LPIC5QIKCxl4FDIS1QIsMAUCEDEyLDI2doMABSgUMCwxLDQwAQYBOPBWNjA0LDgxNSw3MDEsc2piaWQ0NC5zaW1wbGkuZmk6OTAyNi0xNTI2NzUxOTY4MjY4LTI4MzI2MjUxLDEsMCwzMjQ3ODksOSw0LDIzLDM5NjQyMTMsVjNBAVwILjI1AQcoLDI1ODUwNTgwNjgFDwF6HC03LDAsOTgsAQ0QMzg1OTkBGngmcmVxdWVzdF9pZD01MDgzMTU3NTg1ODIwNTg0NzM4JUCAX2V4Y2hhbmdlX3VpZD0xOTE1MDAxMTc4MDk2ODgwNDk3CSYIa3c9CQkwdHJhbnNhY3Rpb249c67fAPCrgAMAiAMBkAMAmAMFoAMBqgMaGhM4OTU0NDEyODgzNjI5OTE1NjA2KgM5OTnAA6wCyAMA2AMA4AMA6AMA-AMDgAQAkgQEL2pwdJgEAKIEDTE1NC4yMC4yMTkuMjCoBODvBLIEDAgAEAAYACAAMAA4ALgEAMAEvfiPFcgEANoEAggB4AQA8AT29ZUuiAUBmAUAoAWilqyByJzAxUbABQDJBQAAAAAAAPA_0gUJCQkMcAAA2AUB4AUB8AWkqgb6BQQIABAAkAYAmAYAuAYA&s=1b18b1a27bb1a3c018e60fa7041792b8f1d5ba27&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.resetera.com%2Fforums%2Fvideo-games.7%2F&pubid=&siteid=https%3A%2F%2Flax1-ib.adnxs.com%2Fab%3Fe%3DwqT_3QKWB_BClgMAAAMA1gAFAQjixYHYBRDW-8Tns-KdonwY8Zatp87t3MkaKjYJl3wrk5Pp3T8RwYl5ZpcW1T8ZAAAAAClcB0AhwQ0SACkRJMgxAAAAIK5H4T8w89-uBjjMCkDnB0hCUPb1lS5Yz6VDYABoxaZceMTSBIABAYoBA1VTRJIFBvDYmAHYBaABWqgBAbABALgBAcABBcgBAtABANgBAOABAPABANgCrAPgAsOXSOoCLmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnJlc2V0ZXJhLmNvbS9mb3J1bXMvdmlkZW8tZ2FtZXMuNy_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-AMDgAQAkgQEL2pwdJgEAKIEDTE1NC4yMC4yMTkuMjCoBODvBLIEDAgAEAAYACAAMAA4ALgEAMAEvfiPFcgEANoEAggB4AQA8AT29ZUuiAUBmAUAoAWilqyByJzAxUbABQDJBQAAAAAAAPA_0gUJCQkMcAAA2AUB4AUB8AWkqgb6BQQIABAAkAYAmAYAuAYA%26s%3D1b18b1a27bb1a3c018e60fa7041792b8f1d5ba27%26referrer%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.resetera.com%252Fforums%252Fvideo-games.7%252F&sspid=9&sitedomain=https://lax1-ib.adnxs.com/ab?e=wqT_3QKWB_BClgMAAAMA1gAFAQjixYHYBRDW-8Tns-KdonwY8Zatp87t3MkaKjYJl3wrk5Pp3T8RwYl5ZpcW1T8ZAAAAAClcB0AhwQ0SACkRJMgxAAAAIK5H4T8w89-uBjjMCkDnB0hCUPb1lS5Yz6VDYABoxaZceMTSBIABAYoBA1VTRJIFBvDYmAHYBaABWqgBAbABALgBAcABBcgBAtABANgBAOABAPABANgCrAPgAsOXSOoCLmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnJlc2V0ZXJhLmNvbS9mb3J1bXMvdmlkZW8tZ2FtZXMuNy_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-AMDgAQAkgQEL2pwdJgEAKIEDTE1NC4yMC4yMTkuMjCoBODvBLIEDAgAEAAYACAAMAA4ALgEAMAEvfiPFcgEANoEAggB4AQA8AT29ZUuiAUBmAUAoAWilqyByJzAxUbABQDJBQAAAAAAAPA_0gUJCQkMcAAA2AUB4AUB8AWkqgb6BQQIABAAkAYAmAYAuAYA&s=1b18b1a27bb1a3c018e60fa7041792b8f1d5ba27&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.resetera.com%2Fforums%2Fvideo-games.7%2F&iabs=&keyword=+&sitedomainshort=

Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
"Last Post Read" is not working for me when I access a thread from the notifications. Like, if I click on a thread normally, at the Videogames part of the forum, it's still working and I just go to the last post I read on that thread. But if I had already read a couple posts on a thread that I accessed via notification, when I come back to it via notification again I just get to the OP.

Nov 17, 2017
Add me to the list of people where embedded Twitter videos don't work. If I go to Twitter directly, the video plays without issue.

Attempting to do this from my lapop, which is running Chrome 66 on Windows 8.1.

Oct 28, 2017
Your own posts used to be highlighted in purple when someone quoted you but this doesn't seem to happen anymore. Is this a bug? I'm hoping so as I really liked that feature.

Oct 27, 2017
Did somebody report already that trying to read ResetEra via Internet Explorer on Windows Phone 8.1 is impossible now after the latest wave of upgrades?
Every post is cut off after the first line.

Oct 25, 2017

I just started missing things on Firefox/Win10. Chrome still works normally.

Edit: it looked fixed, and then unfixed again. Now it's correct. I'm not sure if it's me or you.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
  • Embedded Twitters simply do not work on my end. Safari 11.1.There's simply the loading screen, clicking it does nothing, never loads.
  • Embedded youtube videos, when clicking them for full screen, keeps a part of resetera's surrounding in the fullscreen. Bug has been mentionned earlier but on Safari 11.1.

Oct 25, 2017
Just tried unwatching a thread on my watch list by unsubscribing.

It just deleted my entire watch list instead of the selected one only.

Chrome mobile.

Nov 11, 2017
Finally found the bug thread, so I figured I would report a bug I've had on Firefox (Windows 10) lately with NoScript. I'm unable to post in threads. The box that normally has all of the text options is blank, and I can't even click on it or type anything. Even clicking "More Options" does not work. It just takes me to a page with the same blank box.

It seems to have become an issue with either the latest Firefox, new Resetera update or latest NoScript version. I have Resetera scripts set to Allow in NoScript, and even when I try enabling all scripts, it does not work. However, disabling NoScript completely fixes the issue and returns the textbox to it's normal functionality. I would like to not have to do that.

For reference, I am seeing the issue using the following:

• Firefox 60.0.1
  • NoScript 10.1.8.1

Oct 27, 2017
Finally found the bug thread, so I figured I would report a bug I've had on Firefox (Windows 10) lately with NoScript. I'm unable to post in threads. The box that normally has all of the text options is blank, and I can't even click on it or type anything. Even clicking "More Options" does not work. It just takes me to a page with the same blank box.

It seems to have become an issue with either the latest Firefox, new Resetera update or latest NoScript version. I have Resetera scripts set to Allow in NoScript, and even when I try enabling all scripts, it does not work. However, disabling NoScript completely fixes the issue and returns the textbox to it's normal functionality. I would like to not have to do that.

• Firefox 60.0.1
  • NoScript 10.1.8.1
I just had this happen to me in the middle of writing a post, only I am getting an error message.
I hit 'preview' and was redirected to this page:

Edit: I use uMatrix rather than NoScript, but I allow scripts to run on ResetEra.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I am having a bug, where I constantly get asked to fill in a captcha image. I get asked to fill in a captcha whenever I; log on, post a reply to a thread, edit a previous post or preview a post i'm working on. And the result of filling in a captcha usually results in an error such as the images below.

OP
OP
Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
Your own posts used to be highlighted in purple when someone quoted you but this doesn't seem to happen anymore. Is this a bug? I'm hoping so as I really liked that feature.
This was changed to just highlighting the container containing your name on a quote.

Oct 28, 2017
This was changed to just highlighting the container containing your name on a quote.
Is there any chance that users will have the option of using the old way by toggling something in the settings menu? Maybe it's my settings but I can barely see the difference with the current highlighting.

I can see it clearly on NightEra but not on DayEra. Maybe the color just needs to be turned up for DayEra. that would fix the issue.

OP
OP
Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
Is there any chance that users will have the option of using the old way by toggling something in the settings menu? Maybe it's my settings but I can barely see the difference with the current highlighting.

I can see it clearly on NightEra but not on DayEra. Maybe the color just needs to be turned up for DayEra. that would fix the issue.
It would be something for us to consider.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
I don't know if this is a bug or intentional or implemented weird.
Got a 24 hour ban(i think?) ban gives the date it will be up, but doesn't give the time.

So it says "banned until May 26" but doesnt say the time or when its up. I assume its based on whenever the mod does the ban, but it's hard to tell. Is it just a manual reset by a mod? Or is there some forum backend stuff I'm not seeing?

Oct 25, 2017

• Firefox 60.0.1
  • NoScript 10.1.8.1
I just had this happen to me in the middle of writing a post, only I am getting an error message.
I hit 'preview' and was redirected to this page:

Edit: I use uMatrix rather than NoScript, but I allow scripts to run on ResetEra.
Try disabling NoScript or whitelisting ERA and see what happens. A lot of times Javscript frameworks that are crucical to site usage get blocked because they may be in a domain or CDN that is blacklisted.

Oct 27, 2017
Try disabling NoScript or whitelisting ERA and see what happens. A lot of times Javscript frameworks that are crucical to site usage get blocked because they may be in a domain or CDN that is blacklisted.
The problem seemed to fix itself (or was silently fixed) shortly after I reported it.
As I said in my post though, I use uMatrix and had whitelisted ResetEra.

Oct 25, 2017
Did somebody report already that trying to read ResetEra via Internet Explorer on Windows Phone 8.1 is impossible now after the latest wave of upgrades?
Every post is cut off after the first line.
I did a while back and it's still the case.

If I log in I get the legacy version and everything is fine but without logging in all the posts are chopped off.

I'm wondering if those reporting forced mobile have forum posts cut off too or is it just IE?

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Forgive me if this has been posted, but when you hover over your alerts and then scroll, the alerts list scrolls with the page instead of staying attached to the bell

Tapioka

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Twitter vids do not load half the time.

Not a bug but....The new quote system is terrible. It's hard to tell where the quote ends and begins when quickly reading. The clean look should not interfere with readability. The quotes need a slight shading in the background at the very least. I kind of hate reading this site now because of it.

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any acknowledgement yet of the problem with clicking on embedded twitter links in Safari? It just leads to a white page with a clickable "continue" link and nothing happens. The URL after you click on a tweet contains part of a Github address. It's been like this for weeks and going by the last thread a lot of people were having the same problem.
I still have this problem. Anything new on this?

Oct 25, 2017
1) Starting this afternoon I'm experiencing some issues with the notifications. I had to manually check them out to see if there is a new notification or someone has quoted me. But it is not a continuous issue, it happens from time to time.

2)When I click the Twitter icon in some profile, instead of redirecting it to Twitter, it opens a new tab like this : https://www.resetera.com/twitter_username

3) I cannot post pictures from imgur using pictures tab. I always have to send it via media tab

Status
Not open for further replies.