1.4 Bug Report Thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Night Era makes my browser crash every few minutes. Mostly happens when it's in the middle of loading a thread or something. DarkEra doesn't do that.

On mobile, Firefox.
Just or visibility, same thing happens to me as well. It not only crashes Firefox, it also crashes every other app running. Happens mostly when opening a thread or switching page within the same tab.

Oct 25, 2017
I disabled images in the preferences cause E3 is coming up and too many gifs cause my browser to crash or lock up my phone. However, it doesn't seem to actually hide gifs.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I enable full screen mode on YouTube videos, the whole Resetera website gets "enlarged" instead of the YT video only which I see only half then

Oct 26, 2017
Will we ever be able to "click to expand" a quoted post on mobile without having the click register on the embedded tweet, causing Twitter to open?

Or is this something that has been fixed on the non legacy themes?

Oct 27, 2017
When I enable full screen mode on YouTube videos, the whole Resetera website gets "enlarged" instead of the YT video only which I see only half then

I was also going to say this. I'm using latest NightERA on Chrome on Windows 10. On the OP it says solved but I believe that was on mobile. For now I'm forced to use DarkERA as that works fine.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Is Search broke?

It brings up results based on single letters of my search phrase making it impossible to use.

OP
OP
Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
For people having issues with preferences:

Use the "all the time" option, and then click what you want to disable. That should do it.

OP
OP
Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
On another note:

We think we might have a handle on what is causing some of the issues with the forced mobile viewing, but we need to do more work on test to figure this out. We might also need some testers to help resolve this issue. So, this fix won't be up for a little bit.

Sorry for the delay.

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting signed out every few page clicks. and when I try to sign it, it takes multiple attempts to sign in.

issue is also present on mobile for me
are you on the old themes?
im logged out when clicking on different sections of the site while using lightera. no issues once switched to the new themes. tested on chrome, firefox and edge and all behave the same.

Sirpopopop ?

Oct 26, 2017
are you on the old themes?
im logged out when clicking on different sections of the site while using lightera. no issues once switched to the new themes. tested on chrome, firefox and edge and all behave the same.

Sirpopopop ?
I'm on the dark theme.

odd thing is, it hasn't happened since this morning.

My job has been having network issues as of late, so there is a chance it could be on my end

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of bugs I've found:

• In Safari on macOS, the top navigation bar doesn't scroll with the page.
  • Clicking on a thread I have never been to sometimes drops me to a random page, sometimes takes me to the first page (as I'm assuming it should).

OP
OP
Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
A couple of bugs I've found:

• In Safari on macOS, the top navigation bar doesn't scroll with the page.
  • Clicking on a thread I have never been to sometimes drops me to a random page, sometimes takes me to the first page (as I'm assuming it should).
Can you provide me with more details as to the setup you are using? Is it a desktop or laptop? Resolution of your monitor? (This will help with the first question)

Oct 25, 2017
Can you provide me with more details as to the setup you are using? Is it a desktop or laptop? Resolution of your monitor? (This will help with the first question)
MacBook Pro
macOS 10.13.4
Safari 11.1
13.3 inch screen at 2560 x 1600

For my second deal, that happens no matter what the browser or machine (has happened on desktop, phone, tablet, laptop)

OP
OP
Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
I'm pretty sure I have a bead on what's going on with the first issue.

For the second issue, you might be visiting threads that you have already visited and the styling might not be making it apparent that you visited these threads before. That's just my pet theory. I'll need to find a way to reproduce the bug if you are still experiencing it after the next update.

Oct 25, 2017
Homeworld
I don't know if this is due to the recent maintenance or what. But I changed my avatar last night, then when I jumped on the forum today, the site switched back to my old avatar for some reason. It seems to be fine now, but it confused me for a second.

Oct 25, 2017
Homeworld
Just an addendum to my previous post, a pal of mine changed his avatar yesterday as well. Now I see his old one again and he sees his new one. But in an ongoing conversation, I saw his old avatar, but his new avatar was visible under the "Conversation Participants" heading.

I tried deleting all my cookies and logging back in, but I still see the old avatar.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been having an issue since yesterday both on mobile and PC:

I use LightERA. Basically, when I click random links like a thread page, or an the entry link to pm modbot, or a forum link, the site logs me out and then I'm viewing the new default theme. But, if I close the window where I'm logged out and continue on the page I was logged in I remain logged in. Sometimes if I click the resetera bookmark it sends me to the site logged out... But later on if I click it works like it should and sends me to the site logged in.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Oct 31, 2017
I've been having an issue since yesterday both on mobile and PC:

I use LightERA. Basically, when I click random links like a thread page, or an the entry link to pm modbot, or a forum link, the site logs me out and then I'm viewing the new default theme. But, if I close the window where I'm logged out and continue on the page I was logged in I remain logged in. Sometimes if I click the resetera bookmark it sends me to the site logged out... But later on if I click it works like it should and sends me to the site logged in.
You're probably getting the cached cloudflare page because the site isn't loading. I'm getting that too. Next time see if there's a banner at the top of the page that says as much.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also getting it randomly switching me between LightERA (which I'm currently using) on the main page, then DayERA whenever I click on any of the forums. Win 10, using Chrome.

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh
Im getting logged out again while using the old theme. It was fixed after the site came back online earlier today. So, whats the deal?

Oct 25, 2017
The link on the verafied tag seems to have a few extra characters in it right now that cause the link to not work:
Code:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/verification-faq.2971%22%

Oct 26, 2017
Just or visibility, same thing happens to me as well. It not only crashes Firefox, it also crashes every other app running. Happens mostly when opening a thread or switching page within the same tab.
Checked if it maybe got fixed with the newest minor update, but no dice. Still unusable for me.

OP
OP
Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
The link on the verafied tag seems to have a few extra characters in it right now that cause the link to not work:
Code:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/verification-faq.2971%22%
Yeah, we'll need to fix that.

Muffin - we'll try to resolve the issues you are facing, but we'll need to reproduce the problem.

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I am getting this weird rubberbanding issue on mobile Chrome. It first loads the page (EtcetEra for instance), and then after few seconds finishes loading the page and skips to different section of the view.

Edit.
I did some testing and it seems the rubberbanding (caused by slow loading) is caused by combination of using DayEra/NightEra style and being logged in. Also this might be Chrome related as Firefox didn't do the same (it had the same pause in the loading though, but not the rubberbanding).

My phone is Oneplus 3 with Android Oreo 8.0.0 if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Not necessarily a bug, but I just had a redirecting ad on mobile. It's the first time I've experienced one.

Oct 27, 2017
www.exophase.com
Yup I'm also getting the forced mobile version of the site. It only happens when browsing from a laptop connected to an external monitor for me, so don't know if that helps.

Other sites render fine on the same setup though, so it's specific to this one.

Nov 2, 2017
8 inch tablet (Lenovo Tab4 8) in portrait mode. The "page up/page down/refresh" floating button is hidden off the side of the page. I zoomed out to show where it's ending up, but normally it's hidden and you have to scroll over to see it:

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting signed out every few page clicks. and when I try to sign it, it takes multiple attempts to sign in.

issue is also present on mobile for me
This is happening to me on mobile as well.

Just happened after this post. I hit the thread index breadcrumb and a page where I was signed out loaded. Instead of signing in again I use a bookmark to take me to the homepage and I'm signed in for a few pages. Just hitting back a few times after seeing the signed out page then visiting another thread works as well. Seems to be the breadcrumb that causes the issue.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's been reported but I've been having issues with the bottom buttons not registering my touch. Almost as if the size was shrink and if I'm over a link or Twitter embed it hits that instead. On Mobile, Chrome, Android

woo

Nov 11, 2017
I am getting this issue but on pc using Firefox. It happens in threads I watch that have lots of images such as the Artbooks, indie games and puzzle game threads. It loads to the first unread post then 'twitches' to an earlier part of the page that I have already read, does some more twitching about the page until it settles to an earlier part of the thread that I have already read. I then have to scroll to find the first unread post. It is getting pretty tiresome so your attention to this issue would be most appreciated!

I am getting this weird rubberbanding issue on mobile Chrome. It first loads the page (EtcetEra for instance), and then after few seconds finishes loading the page and skips to different section of the view.

Edit.
I did some testing and it seems the rubberbanding (caused by slow loading) is caused by combination of using DayEra/NightEra style and being logged in. Also this might be Chrome related as Firefox didn't do the same (it had the same pause in the loading though, but not the rubberbanding).

My phone is Oneplus 3 with Android Oreo 8.0.0 if that makes any difference.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a very weird bug on my iPad. I have the latest iPad Pro and all iOS updates installed, using chrome.

When I open a thread it sometimes misses 1 or 2 posts randomly. For example it will load the page and the 1st and 3rd posts will be there, but not the 2nd. There is just empty space where the post is supposed to be.

The issue corrects itself if I reload the page.

I am using NightEra. I have trying completely uninstalling Chrome, that didn't fix it.

Does it happen to anyone else?

Another bug is that when opening a thread via its title, it jumps to the latest page I have not read, but not to the post I have not read. It takes me to the top of the latest page.

DarkERA behaves as expected in this case.

Oct 26, 2017
I have a very weird bug on my iPad. I have the latest iPad Pro and all iOS updates installed, using chrome.

When I open a thread it sometimes misses 1 or 2 posts randomly. For example it will load the page and the 1st and 3rd posts will be there, but not the 2nd. There is just empty space where the post is supposed to be.

I am using NightEra. I have trying completely uninstalling Chrome, that didn't fix it.

Another bug is that when opening a thread via its title, it jumps to the latest page I have not read, but not to the post I have not read. It takes me to the top of the latest page.

I’m having the exact same problems but on Safari!

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I've had the missing posts bug ever since I switched to Night ERA. ios Safari btw

Oct 27, 2017
So the new theme is completely broken for me on Desktop Safari in macOS.

First, pages only load when I navigate to the tab. When I do, Safari will go on to use up to an entire core of a CPU, and at rare times will even give me warnings that tabs are using an excessive amount of CPU, and that I should close them.

Next, when things finally load, they don't load completely, with certain "cards" containing posts failing to appear at all. If I hover over where the cards can be, my cursor will sometimes change, as if detecting links, etc. to click on. If I reload the page, some cards might reappear correctly.

This occurs without any extensions or add-ons enabled.

Is this a known issue, or is there something I need to do?

I'm on Mac Safari and the first post of a thread rarely displays for me now. I just see an empty space. I think it mostly happens when that first post contains an embedded tweet or YouTube video. Pretty annoying when opening a thread. When I reload the page the first post then shows.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I really apologize if this has been addressed, but what is up with gboard predictive text and this website? It changes your words after you select the word you want to use. It only happens on this website. Sometimes after you click the word you are trying to use, it will just change the word to complete jumble that does not even make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.