1.4 Bug Report Thread:

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Sirpopopop, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginger ninja

ginger ninja

I don't know the appropriate place to post this but I have been having an issue on quoted twitter posts on the mobile browser in android.

There isn't strong demarcation between the embeded tweet and the click to expand post link and most of the time I end up getting routed to the twitter app instead of just expanding the post. Hope it gets fixed.

2. MegaRockEXE

MegaRockEXE

I'm on Firefox for Android and I've been getting a lot of browser bugs on this site lately. Having more than 2 tabs open and switching between them can sometimes cause the page to refresh. But on this refresh, the browser will stop drawing the page and all I get is gray or black even after the page has finished loading. This has happened at least once a day since the themes were updated and it only happens with this site. Is it a bug you can guys fix, or is it a Firefox bug? I'm just not sure how to consistently reproduce it.

3. I think I might have stumbled onto a weird formatting bug. I clicked the more options button on the reply window, and then from there hit the preview. After posting, it somehow formats the font color to black, making it hard for people on the Dark Theme to read. It only happened once, so I don't know if the glitch is real or not. Tried to reproduce it but it didn't happen again.

4. red731

red731

Inline YouTube player shows video unavailable, but clicking link to go to YT directly works.

5. Mint

Mint

I feel like gboard has been fucked up on here for a while now. Even on iOS, when I use the trackpad cursor select, the entire page gets all screwed up and starts jumping around everywhere. Honestly, I don't even bother posting from mobile anymore because it's a pain.

6. tazmin

tazmin

Anyone having issues pressing play on YT videos on mobile ERA? I can’t seem to press to play the embedded videos posted on here

I’m on Safari, iPhone 6s

7. BlackJace

BlackJace

I'm having the same problem.

Chrome Browser on Google Pixel XL, Android 8.1.0.

8. Fireblend

Fireblend

I'm experiencing what I believe is a bug. I can't change my avatar, even though the file I'm providing is 24KBs, below the 50KB limit.

9. Ryan_09

Ryan_09

Can't play embedded YouTube videos on mobile anymore. Galaxy S9+ with Chrome browser. Android 8.0.0.

The website doesn't play nice with my Samsung Chromebook Pro anymore either; it uses the mobile site regardless of it's in laptop or tablet mode, and Chrome doesn'tgive me the option to access the desktop version. Chrome OS Version 66.0.3359.203 using Chrome browser. It works ok in full screen, but doesn't resize properly when I snap the window to one side of the screen. It also leaves a significant amount of wasted horizontal space that becomes annoying when I accidentally scroll right. It causes text to sometimes be completely cut off while snapped. It also used to work just fine, and still does on my Windows desktop.

Otherwise, I love the new look. Especially Night theme. Maybe it's just me and my eyes adjusted, but do the purple highlights seem dimmer than at launch? If so, I prefer it. The launch version was way to bright. Thanks for everything you all do! :D

10. Quote

Embedded YouTube videos are unclickable on iOS randomly. I’ve reproduced it on multiple devices now.

11. Blizzard

Blizzard

I've had that but I thought it was a gboard problem in general. Is it only this site? Half the time the word doesn't actually change for me, even though the predictions change as though the original word correctly changed.

12. A Robot

A Robot

This still happens with long links like in this post: https://www.resetera.com/posts/8864587/ (still using Opera and Chrome).

[​IMG]

13. Leeness

Leeness

Okay I was starting to think I was going crazy.

Happening for me on my iPad, but seems fine on my iPhone.

14. gblues

gblues

I’ve seen this. Also when there are a lot of embeds, Safari crashes. For example the “greatest classic era simpsons scene” thread. (iOS 11.4, iPhone 7+, Night Era theme, 100ppp)

15. TLSLex

TLSLex

Since the upgrade I've been getting an email every time I get an alert, and I'm not sure what's triggering this.

EDIT: Never mind, I am dumb and found the option to turn it off.

16. Grigorig

Grigorig

I flicked through but didn't see this reported so sorry if it's a repeat but on Android Firefox Nightera - if you pinch zoom to look at an image or whatever, the bottom navigation bar and right quick access bar also zoom (to comically large sizes) blocking the image almost competely.

17. RGamer2009

RGamer2009

Can't click any youtube videos on any skin using latest mobile Chrome.

18. GJ

GJ

Not sure if this has been posted, but I've had this bug for a long time where the quoted video doesn't get cut off by the quote, but overlaps the text below it. I have to expand the quote to be able to read the text. I'm using Chrome.

[​IMG]

19. Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop
    _ _ _ w _ _ _ Administrator OP

This is a Chrome issue.

The fixes applied feature trade offs that aren't worth it.

20. GJ

GJ

I see. Well, thanks for the fast reply! I hope it can get fixed one day, but until then I'll just keep expanding the quotes, haha.

21. Windrunner

Windrunner

In the identities part of your forum profile you aren't allowed to use spaces in Xbox gamer tags (mine has one).

22. Night Angel

Night Angel

I'm getting this issue on mobile chrome on my Note 8. I'm also having issues where after initially clicking a thread I have to watch the bottom bar jiggle around for 10 seconds before it jumps to where the last read post is.

On top of that, I'm getting an issue where my clicks are not appropriately registering on the navigation buttons or bottom bar.

Also, I'm seeing an issue where typing on the default Samsung keyboard is skipping spaces. This does not happen anywhere else.

23. Blackpuppy

Blackpuppy

Ok, I’ve been having an annoying issue. I’m on an iPhone SE using the latest version of ios11 and I use Safari.

Every time I click on a link to open in a new tab in the background, none of the embedded links will load: so no twitter, youtube etc. I’m constantly forced to refresh each time I click on a tab.

24. Giant Panda

Giant Panda

On mobile Chrome the bottom banner doesn't properly register my touches about half of the time. Like I will touch Watched and instead I end up selecting a bottom underneath that I couldn't actually see.

25. saenima

saenima

I'm at my wit's end here. For several weeks now that i can't embed images on mobile. It used to be mildly annoying as i could just use my laptop for these posts but now that i'm without access to a PC for the foreseeable future it just completely prevents me from embedding any image into any post. This happens both on my mobile phone and on my Kindle. Either i can't even get a workable link to embed or when i do, it appears as broken on Era anyway. I tried direct links, image hosting sites, BB codes. I got nothing.

I have no idea how to solve this after a few days of butting my head against it. I know this is probably not the best thread for this particular issue but i posted it on previous threads without success. Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction?

26. Ondor

Ondor

I'm getting an issue I've never encountered before. I'm on mobile with Samsug Galaxy S7 using Google Chrome and LightEra. When I try and hit the refresh button, my tap seems to toggle onto the scroll to top button. Whenever it happens once, any time I use the refresh button it will scroll to top and onky refreshing the actual page will fix it.

27. Morbak

Morbak

No ads.
    Chrome without any ad blocker, Windows 8.1 64bits, NightERA theme.

28. chapel

chapel

So I have been seeing this quite a bit. The fix appears to be something along the lines of adding the below CSS to the ".messageContent a" CSS selector:
    Code:
    word-break: break-all;

29. Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

We're probably going to be trying overflow-wrap or word-break to see if that changes things any. I wouldn't expect this to be live updated soon though. We'll need to test this fix on a bunch of devices, since it's not a problem most of us here see.

We could use some testing help if anyone is available to help.

30. chapel

chapel

Latest Chrome here. I see it also on Chrome for Android.

The fix I shared I tested the change using chrome debugger and it worked as expected. Nothing else really stood out as the issue, but the fact that long links weren't being broken and instead cause the post body to expand outside of the container space.

I would recommend testing at least with Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari for desktop and Safari Mobile and Chrome for Android at minimum. I can help with anything not mac or iOS if needed.

31. saenima

saenima

Anyone?

32. Thatonedice1

Thatonedice1

Hi just posting to let you guys know the navigation bar on the mobile version doesn't work all the time for me. Using Google chrome on a Google pixel if that helps.

33. Apoptomon

Apoptomon

A couple issues I just noticed: (using Chrome for IOS on iPad mini)

On Light/Dark themes, when viewing the thread list, the "thread display options" button partially covers the "last page number" and "next page" buttons, making them hard to hit.

On Day/Night themes, the forum menu at the bottom of the screen covers the "theme chooser" and "help" links, rendering them unusable.

34. ScOULaris

ScOULaris

I pointed this out when 1.4 first launched, but it still persists so I figured I'd post it once more.

[​IMG]

An unfortunate consequence of the excessive right/left padding. The icons in the floating bar up top go outside its boundaries because there simply isn't enough room for them if your window is small enough (half-width of a 1080p display in my case).

35. Karish

Karish

Forced mobile still happening for me.

36. Tiberius

Tiberius

I was coming to report it too
    Chrome on nexus 6p

37. Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

Is the issue you are facing is an inability to use the image BBCode button?

38. Ondor

Ondor

This poster (me) is a dumbass who meant DayEra. To follow up, I can sometimes hit refresh but only when I aim my tap below the refresh button like my tap is somehow being translated upwards. Also have occasional issues with tapping the bottom 5 buttons which I think might be the same problem as sometimes I'll highlight text above the buttons instead.

39. saenima

saenima

Ok so when i try to embed an image, it just won't appear. Like this:

[​IMG]

If i choose to edit the post, the link won't even show up in the message box, although it will show up, still broken, if i click preview. Pretty much the same thing happens when using BB code. I never had any problems on desktop.

While writing this post on the Kindle, it worked, and the image was showing. Decided to try on mobile and nope, not working. Android and DarkEra if it helps.

40. saenima

saenima

Testing on Kindle:

[​IMG]

Working fine, apparently.

41. Strange, my desktop version is in mobile now?

42. ChrisR

ChrisR

Is there any other way to block a thread without a plugin when you can't ignore the thread creator because they are a moderator?

edit: nevermind, it seems to have fixed itself somehow?

43. IBetUHav

IBetUHav

On iOS here. Clicking back after going into a thread reloads the whole front page so I lose my place.

44. sca

sca

I'm having a bug with the new themes while using the Edge browser. When selecting NightEra, I'm given the mobile version of the website rather than the desktop. It works correctly if I choose the legacy themes.

45. MegaRockEXE

MegaRockEXE

I agree with this one too. Like I mentioned before, I think the forum menu should auto-hide and/or hide on scroll down. It's especially annoying when trying to type a reply on mobile and the cursor is covered up by the menu. That's bad ux there.

46. JimJamJones

JimJamJones

I'm having an issue with embedded Twitter links not loading 90% of the time. It just shows the Twitter logo in the space where the tweet should load.

I don't have any ad blockers enabled on ERA and no anti-virus stuff blocking anything. This has only started in the last couple days.

47. Blizzard

Blizzard

A bunch of Android users have been having a super annoying bug with GBoard. I thought it was just me, but there's a thread with multiple people talking about it. For example:

Is there any possibility Xenforo has some sort of incompatibility that messes with how GBoard would change a word when you tap the suggestion?

*edit again* Someone else mentioned that Xenforo and Chrome specifically seem to have this problem on multiple websites. It would seem GBoard autocorrect works fine elsewhere.

48. ody

ody
    Community Resettler Member

What you're attempting to embed is a video, so you'll need to use the media tag.

49. saenima

saenima

[​IMG]

It's a gif though. I've always used the embed image button, both on PC and on Kindle, as it should be. I don't understand why it would be different on a mobile phone. I'll make another post on my phone with the exact same link and see what happens.

As for the codes, i just gave up. It's obvious this is on me but i can't for the life of me get them to work.

50. saenima

saenima

Here we go.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.