1.4 Bug Report Thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

It's a gif though. I've always used the embed image button, both on PC and on Kindle, as it should be. I don't understand why it would be different on a mobile phone. I'll make another post on my phone with the exact same link and see what happens.

As for the codes, i just gave up. It's obvious this is on me but i can't for the life of me get them to work.
What is the gif of? With the changes imgur made within the last year or so it can be difficult to find the direct url for the image or video

This is the link I see in your original post in img tags
https://imgur.com/t/funny/qxu4DZU

And when I visit that link its a video of a cat? There doesn't seem to be a gif version as the file may be too large for the format. If you see media controls (play/pause/volume) while viewing content on imgur then it may be best to embed using the media tag.

Oct 25, 2017
What is the gif of? With the changes imgur made within the last year or so it can be difficult to find the direct url for the image or video

This is the link I see in your original post in img tags
https://imgur.com/t/funny/qxu4DZU

And when I visit that link its a video of a cat? There doesn't seem to be a gif version as the file may be too large for the format. If you see media controls (play/pause/volume) while viewing content on imgur then it may be best to embed using the media tag.
Huh that's weird. Never saw that cat? Maybe that one was a mistake on my part but from what i remember it was the same gif from The Office that i linked later.

But please check my post after the one you just quoted, where i link the exact same flying dog head on mobile and it won't show up.

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Huh that's weird. Never saw that cat? Maybe that one was a mistake on my part.

But please check my post after the one you just quoted, where i link the exact same flying dog head on mobile and it won't show up.
That seems to be a link used to normally share and not embed

What I see in the tags
https://giphy.com/gifs/dog-head-no-body-3o85xsGXVuYh8lM3EQ/

This looks to be the direct url for the gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xsGXVuYh8lM3EQ/giphy.gif

If you click on "Copy link" and "GIF Link" through your link above you should get the url to embed

Oct 25, 2017
That seems to be a link used to normally share and not embed

What I see in the tags
https://giphy.com/gifs/dog-head-no-body-3o85xsGXVuYh8lM3EQ/

This looks to be the direct url for the gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xsGXVuYh8lM3EQ/giphy.gif

If you click on "Copy link" and "GIF Link" through your link above you should get the url to embed
Nope :/

All i get is a 'share link', which was the one i embedded before. I don't get it either.

But no worries. Thanks for the help :)

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nope :/

All i get is a 'share link', which was the one i embedded before. I don't get it either.

But no worries. Thanks for the help :)
I visited the site on mobile and theres a note to "tap and hold" to copy the gif url. It worked on my end.

Oct 25, 2017
I visited the site on mobile and theres a note to "tap and hold" to copy the gif url. It worked on my end.
I've also tried that. This is what i get:

The result is still the same. I don't get it.

But nevermind mate. Don't want to keep clogging up the thread and i gave you enough trouble as it is. Cheers.

Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of Android users have been having a super annoying bug with GBoard. I thought it was just me, but there's a thread with multiple people talking about it. For example:

Is there any possibility Xenforo has some sort of incompatibility that messes with how GBoard would change a word when you tap the suggestion?

*edit again* Someone else mentioned that Xenforo and Chrome specifically seem to have this problem on multiple websites. It would seem GBoard autocorrect works fine elsewhere.
OK thanks to the other thread, it looks like the problem has been pinpointed. The rich text message editor must be trying to do stuff with the text box, and GBoard is trying to do stuff with the textbox, so the collision makes garbage happen.

If you click the little note in the top right and switch to plain text mode, GBoard and autocorrect work perfectly.

Jun 28, 2018
I see a few others have mentioned this, but it's happening for me too...

Firefox Mobile for Android will very frequently crash when attempting to load threads. It doesn't happen every time, and it's not 100% repeatable, but it happens often enough that I just can't use the site in Firefox. (Chrome on Android works fine. Firefox on Windows works fine.)

I also tried disabling UBlock Origin addon, in case that was causing it, but still had crashing issues.
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V (Verizon)
  • Android 6.0.1
  • Firefox 60.0.1
  • DayEra theme
Switched to LightEra (legacy) theme, and it seems to be working better? Haven't run into a crash yet, having used it for a few minutes, loading several different thread pages. I'll stick to LightEra for now.

Nov 15, 2017
I've been having a lot of Cloudflare errors today. Anyone else?

Error 1018 Ray ID: 432b72aa3d2a4213 • 2018-06-29 21:22:20 UTC
Could not find host
What happened?

You've requested a page on a website (www.resetera.com) that is on the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (www.resetera.com). There are two potential causes of this:

• Most likely: if the owner just signed up for Cloudflare it can take a few minutes for the website's information to be distributed to our global network.
  • Less likely: something is wrong with this site's configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider's DNS fails.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Visiting the site on mobile (Android) redirects me to some "your computer has been infected, please download this malware" site. I uninstalled and reinstalled chrome and the same thing happened.

Oct 25, 2017
iOS Safari still has a bug where nearly every page has to be refreshed because posts (usually the OP) don't load and are just a blank space.

Nov 14, 2017
Odd, resetera on my computer is stuck on mobile view. I'm not sure I triggered it and I'm not sure how to change it back.

Is there a workaround for this?

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
twitter.com
Last edited:

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The new themes were murder on my mobile browser (Firefox Android) and sometimes even corrupted the whole thing but only on thread pages. I think I found out why: The quick animation when you load the page appears to be the culprit. Would it be possible to remove this animation? Or at least for phones.

The fix I'm using for now: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ToadKing/ResetEra/master/resetera-no-post-animation.user.css
Thanks for this

I've encountered the issue in both threads and on the thread list

Oct 25, 2017
I pointed this out when 1.4 first launched, but it still persists so I figured I'd post it once more.

An unfortunate consequence of the excessive right/left padding. The icons in the floating bar up top go outside its boundaries because there simply isn't enough room for them if your window is small enough (half-width of a 1080p display in my case).
Just wanted to say that this was fixed as of this morning. When viewing ERA in a quadrant of my 1080p monitor the margins on the sides are now small enough to accommodate all of the floating top bar's buttons and icons easily. Thanks, devs!

Correction: Looks like the margins are only fixed in NightERA at the moment. LightERA still has the same large margins as before.

Nov 26, 2017
The following almost always happens when i try to watch embedded youtube video's on Safari, on my iMac.
Every time i full screen a YT video, it just full screen's the entire page, pushing me back to the start of the page, and i have to scroll down every time to watch the video.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before / already known.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know if its a bug? But not sure whom to ask or where to post this but the Authenticator only works on desktop and its not working on my mobile. The authentication codes it generates gives me not valid on mobile, but they were just fine on desktop so I dont have a clue

Oct 29, 2017
I just had the extentionless "dbsync" file automatically download on Firefox Mobile without my consent. I have seen this file attempted to be downloaded on Firefox for desktop, but I never let it download there. It has to do with the ads.

OP
OP
Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
I dont know if its a bug? But not sure whom to ask or where to post this but the Authenticator only works on desktop and its not working on my mobile. The authentication codes it generates gives me not valid on mobile, but they were just fine on desktop so I dont have a clue
I'll forward this post to the appropriate members of the team.

I just had the extentionless "dbsync" file automatically download on Firefox Mobile without my consent. I have seen this file attempted to be downloaded on Firefox for desktop, but I never let it download there. It has to do with the ads.
From my understanding, this issue was resolved recently.

Last edited:

Ferny

FutureERA
Oct 23, 2017
Hey Cappa, its a sync issue with your Authenticator. Usually the best way to resolve it is to remove 2Way from your account and then re-add it. Feel free to PM me if you need any further help.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm having recent issues where, in the legacy themes, on Android, the top and bottom of page buttons are forcing a reload of the entire page. Any help on this? Thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having recent issues where, in the legacy themes, on Android, the top and bottom of page buttons are forcing a reload of the entire page. Any help on this? Thanks.
Probably some cache issue that is causing the issue since nothing has changed regarding those themes. Try clearing your browser and/or testing with another browser to see if you still have the problem.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Probably some cache issue that is causing the issue since nothing has changed regarding those themes. Try clearing your browser and/or testing with another browser to see if you still have the problem.
It works in Chrome but is reloading in Samsung's browser. I'll see if I can erase any cached data.

Oct 25, 2017
When I try to use the bottom navigation bar I often click "through" it, and end up clicking on whatever is on the page underneath. It only works reliably when I have it scrolled over empty page space. For reference I'm on Chrome on Android.

Oct 27, 2017
When I try to use the bottom navigation bar I often click "through" it, and end up clicking on whatever is on the page underneath. It only works reliably when I have it scrolled over empty page space. For reference I'm on Chrome on Android.
Same issue here, had it for a while now, strangely though I dont remember this being an issue when the redesign first happened.

Oct 29, 2017
Same. On Chrome Android.

I have to scroll up and down a bit and then it works again.

Same for the up/down/refresh buttons.

Oct 25, 2017
Good heavens, just got a new 18:9 phone, and DayEra looks nothing like it does on my old 16:9 device - padding is crazy (huge margins left and right), avatars are massive, and posts are thus squished into a space that uses only two-fifths of the horizontal screen real estate. This is using both Chrome and Brave. NightEra is better - less padding - but still, avatars are huge, and the layout is still a mess.

Is this common or expected, or does anyone know of a fix or workaround?

Oct 25, 2017
Good heavens, just got a new 18:9 phone, and DayEra looks nothing like it does on my old 16:9 device - padding is crazy (huge margins left and right), avatars are massive, and posts are thus squished into a space that uses only two-fifths of the horizontal screen real estate. This is using both Chrome and Brave. NightEra is better - less padding - but still, avatars are huge, and the layout is still a mess.

Is this common or expected, or does anyone know of a fix or workaround?
Can you tell me your phone's model?

Oct 25, 2017
Hi Dream - it's a little unusual and uncommon, admittedly (I should've highlighted that): Nokia 7 Plus.
Thanks. If you have the time can you provide some screenshots as well? Seems pretty similar to another issue that has been reported but more info/pictures only helps us.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. If you have the time can you provide some screenshots as well? Seems pretty similar to another issue that has been reported but more info/pictures only helps us.
Apologies for any formatting woes here!

DayEra on Nokia 7 Plus (1080 x 2160):
NightEra (1080 x 2160):
For reference, on ye olde phone (Nextbit Robin) at 1080 x 1920:
If you need any specific details or screens captured, please let me know - thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Sometimes I get mentions but I don't see a notification. I just got one and only saw it because I regularly visit the thread. I definitely have that alert box checked, but I didn't get any if I look through my recent alerts. I remember this happening before too.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As a check, can you guys see my current thread viewing status on my profile page? I have turned it off, but for me, when I look at my page it mentions the thread I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.