• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Clickbait Title
...now the latest estimate is 1.5 million.

"Although it is speculative it seems appropriate to estimate that up to 1.5 million ethnic minorities - equivalent to just under 1 in 6 adult members of a predominantly Muslim minority group in Xinjiang - are or have been interned in any of these detention, internment and re-education facilities, excluding formal prisons," Zenz said at an event organized by the U.S. mission in Geneva, home of United Nations human rights bodies.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Incredible switcheroo, I came in hoping for good news and left feeling angrier than I was before.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all need to stop making clickbait titles about serious issues on this side of the forum

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what a funny and quirky way of playing with my expectations in talking about the mass incarceration of a religious minority, OP. Sure got me.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
China has too much power for anyone to stop this in the immediate future.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I wonder how accurate these estimates could really be? Could be more could be less ,but I just don't get where these estimations could really come from

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whole situation seems like a huge problem especially because we seem to know so little about it. You could have another holocaust on your hands, whether it be intentional execution or torture or sickness or whatever. There needs to be like a big media blowout of these places with audio and video.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Never again."

The international "community" proves how little it cares for human rights and human lives.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
And let's not forget that some of these prisoners are being used for forced organ donations.

The comments in those videos are what truly scares me. Either brainwashed people or chinese bots.

Here you have a Nazi-like ethnic cleaning and some people actually defend this in 2019.

Nobody can't say a thing against China and that's why these stories are not popular.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
The comments in those videos are what truly scares me. Either brainwashed people or chinese bots.

Here you have a Nazi-like ethnic cleaning and some people actually defend this in 2019.

Nobody can't say a thing against China and that's why these stories are not popular.
It's not as if there is something magical about the year being 2019. It's not like some fundamental change happened to humanity. The two world wars were catastrophic events, but they'll be a speck of dust in history in 500 years (or even less, considering the speed at which information is shared and forgotten these days). The declaration of human rights may have the potential to be a history-changing document, but for now it doesn't mean that much - it's hard to implement in the countries that drafted it, and even harder to implement in the rest of the world.
There is nothing new under the Sun. Including us not caring that much because we don't have an immediate political gain to get out of it.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Where is international invesgation for this? If it spark WW3 let it be.

3TbW99h.png