• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Thought this would be a nice thread, as you all know the Switch is now 1 years old and I was curious what everyone\s favorite memories of the Switch has been.

I love the Switch and has had tons of great memories, however, my favorite would have to be launch day.

Let's start from the beginning, I pre-ordered the Switch the day of the Switch January Conference and I pre-ordered the colored joy-con's edition with Breath of the Wild, sadly I was too late for the special edition of BOTW but as long as I could get the game at launch I was fine.

Fast forward a few weeks before launch, I was waiting for the pro-controller to finally be able to be pre-ordered (Canada) and during work, I read off Twitter and the old place that pre-orders are finally happening so once I was done I called my local EB Games and the rumor was true. I drove right away to place my money down and it turns out too they got extra Special Editon of BOTW so I Switched my regular edition to it and left happy.

The day before the launch, I walked in to pay for my whole pre-order and the manager of the store told me to use Link's amiibo with BOTW for something special (so I knew about what you got from it a little before most people did).

Now let's talk about launch day, sadly EB Games in Canada doesn't do midnight launches anymore (at least the province I lived in) so I had to wait till the morning of, thankfully though EB was opening up a few hours earlier for an early morning launch so I woke up at around 7 AM and drove to EB at around 7:40 (store was opening at 8 AM), there was a huge line already and they had to start turning people away.

While I was waiting in line a bunch of us were talking about what games we are getting, etc. This one guy bought the Switch at a midnight launch a different place (where? I don't know) but he pulled it out in front of everyone and behold, the first time I see the Switch in person, funny thing though is he wasn't able to get Zelda since he pre-ordered it at this EB Games so he couldn't even do much with it.

The store finally opened and we walked in and I saw the stack of Switch's, I finally received it and got my Zelda poster and went home and loved it and played BOTW for hours.

C5_u-peUYAEp60S.jpg

What're your stories?

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
Figuring out that golf story was a gem of a title and one of my favourite impulse buys of the year.

The game was so charming

LancePrime

Oct 27, 2017
I think for me, its either the part where you leave the Shrine of Resurrection in BotW and you run up the hill and see Hyrule stretch out in front of you, or the end of Mario Odyssey
where you control Bowser

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basically everything contained within Hero's Path in BotW. By far my most played game and that's a great little feature that shows my time and how I spent it.

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
AnswefinA my phone in math class to pick up my Switch and BotW after a 3 day delay. Unsurprisingly I couldn't concentrate at all in class.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
Anticipating like crazy the release of Super Mario Odyssey, it literally kept me going through the mess I was having at work. Also, getting Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on day one and loving every minute of it. Playing Puyo Puyo Tetris with my father and co-oping Overcooked with my sister. Getting lost in BOTW and being addicted to Splatoon 2. Enjoying the hell out of Golf Story, it was such a fun and relaxing experience.

Basically, Switch gave me more memorable moments than any other console I've owned so far...

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Getting up early and standing in line at Target (I never did this for any item or gadget or console before) was memorable for me. Especially since it was my last day in Hawaii and we were suppose to leave USA land by noon. I remember being so incredibly happy that I managed to score a Switch+Zelda and couldn't wait to unbox and play BotW in portable mode. Hadn't felt that giddy since I first opened a PS2 box.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Jumping off the great plateau is one of my favourite video game moments

Mr.LightMan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite times was in the summer after a long day of hosting a BBQ. Suns going down, fire still buying, four switches 8 people. One of the best times playing split screen with friends.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mine were the times before release when I complained about the price and the lack of Netflix and the lack of a pack in game and so on, figuring this thing was DOA unless the games saved it.

Then Zelda came and did just that along with Mario Odyssey.

Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha yes! Zelda will be spoken enough about (with good reason) Xenoblade 2 has made me fall in love so much with this console. I think I'm one hundred hours plus now, nearly finished. Amazing game.
I bought my Switch just to play Zelda and was thoroughly disappointed. A tedious, empty bore of a game.

Thankfully Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 saved the day for me and made my Switch purchase worthwhile. I put 180 hours into Xenoblade 2, it was a magical experience.

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
I guess the beginning of BOTW and the ending of XC2 are my most memorable experiences with the Switch so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.