• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017

New Orleans police said 10 people were shot in an early morning shooting on the edge of the city's famed French Quarter. The victims were taken to local hospitals, and two people were listed in critical condition on Sunday afternoon. One of those victims was shot in the chest and the other in the torso.

Police Superintendent Shaun Ferguson said a person of interest has been detained, but that person is not being named as a suspect, according to CBS New Orleans affiliate WWL-TV.
"We had officers on that very block that thought they were being fired upon," Ferguson said. "Unfortunately, there were so many people out here we were unable to determine who was actually firing shots at the time."

Police said 10 people were taken to two hospitals and another walked in. Further details haven't been released.

The shooting took place on a busy commercial block of Canal Street that has streetcar tracks and is near many hotels during the busy Bayou Classic weekend. Ferguson said the streets were so crowded at the time of the shooting, patrolling officers couldn't see who had the gun. It's still unclear what led to the gunfire.

"We had officers right there within that very block that actually thought they were being fired upon and took a position to respond to this," Ferguson said.

Stay Safe, NOLA-Era.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Cops on that same street and they still couldn't even figure out who was shooting.

Good guys with a gun is a joke, hope the two critically injured can recover safely.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Cops on that same street and they still couldn't even figure out who was shooting.

Good guys with a gun is a joke, hope the two critically injured can recover safely.
I mean ACAB but have you actually ever been to Canal Street? And its the weekend of the Bayou Classic. relax.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I mean ACAB but have you actually ever been to Canal Street? And its the weekend of the Bayou Classic. relax.
Yeah I have been, I'm saying the fact is that with 6 people with a gun still couldn't stop 10 people from being shot.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have been there, it's more of an urge that we need stricter gun laws so this shit doesn't keep happening constantly