• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Today, I got the following notification on my Win10 Xbox app:

Spring Sale starts today! Here is a special gift to help you make your first game purchase. Enjoy this $10 USD Gift Card you can use to buy Games, Add-ons, and Movies on your Microsoft Store online. Redeem your gift card on console or Xbox.com/RedeemCode by 4/30/2021 and spend within 90 days of redemption. See full terms at Microsoft.com/CardTerms

It's a straight-up $10 credit, no strings apparently attached, and given out as a 25-digit Xbox store code. I'm on XGPU, so I'm curious whether this might be XGPU-specific or if other kinds of subscribers (or even free-tier users) are getting this. Check your Xbox chat/message inbox.

Redeem for $10 if old.

EDIT: I'm seeing reports of longtime users with and without GamePass scoring this offer. My account is 12 years old. Curious if account age applies here.

Last edited:

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
the only platform i ever get these on is Oculus and EGS. both xbox and PS don't give me shit lol

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i never get the free stuff

spencer personally blacklisted me

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got one in the past during a big sale but don't think they sent me one this time. That's awesome for the people that are receiving the credit, though!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't get anything, but I got some credit in euros from Xbox in the past and it was cool. I'd totally use another 10 in this sale though, but maybe I won't get anything otherwise.

Apr 24, 2018
Nothing here, but glad for anyone who gets one. Still kicking myself for missing the $5 Xbox gift card in an e-mail from a couple of days ago because I was too late...I missed out on the one around the holidays, too.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Today, I got the following notification on my Win10 Xbox app:

It's a straight-up $10 credit, no strings apparently attached, and given out as a 25-digit Xbox store code. I'm on XGPU, so I'm curious whether this might be XGPU-specific or if other kinds of subscribers (or even free-tier users) are getting this. Check your Xbox chat/message inbox.

Redeem for $10 if old.

EDIT: I'm seeing reports of longtime users with and without GamePass scoring this offer. My account is 12 years old. Curious if account age applies here.

I'm just here for the seasonal Usher vids lol.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
These are always US-only and I live up north together with Mounties and polar bears so I never get them.

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
How is the Uno game for Xbox these days, I've heard before it was pretty buggy. It's exactly the price Xbox just gifted me with so considering this or Threes and some random DLC

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
15+ year old account, XGPU member, no code.

But that's also probably due to me having about $70 in my account now. LOL

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for posting this. I saw the message early but ignored it; didn't realize there was a $10 redemption code in it 😂

15+ year old account, XGPU member, no code.

But that's also probably due to me having about $70 in my account now. LOL

I had 66 in my account so I doubt it's related to that.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Nope, didn't get this (I never get the Xbox message credit gifts) or the recent Microsoft Store $5 email despite often getting those.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
I got it!

Surprised really lol. I have ultimate but never buy anything from the store

macapes

Nov 19, 2019
United Kingdom
My wife's account got it, £8, but mine didn't. I have GPU, loads of rewards points and have spent money. Hers hasn't, she just shares my games. Seems fair.

Torian

Aug 16, 2019
Did get one in Europe. Any recommendations for something on sale that's not on gpu?

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
I have Ultimate, and I didn't get this one. I did get a gift card from them back when Black Friday sales began, so I don't know if I was exempted due to that. Did anyone happen to get both?

Gif

Dec 20, 2019
Yup got £8

Thanks MS - you'll get that money straight back when I buy Doom ancient Gods DLC with it!

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing. I think I got $5 for Black Friday from a MS store email (not Xbox). $10 would be sweet.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a 5 dollar one. Just bout the mgs collection too. Oh well, I'll try and find something else inexpensive to grab.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox live since since day one, every Xbox at launch and nothing. I guess they figure they don't need to bribe me to buy things lol