• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish a girl looked at me the way this sister looks at her brother.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why are you perverts reading something inappropriate into this perfectly innocent ad? His family's happy to see him and they like terrible pre-ground coffee.

Africa not having good coffee is ridiculous, of course.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you perverts reading something inappropriate into this perfectly innocent ad? His family's happy to see him and they like terrible pre-ground coffee.

Africa not having good coffee is ridiculous, of course.
Body language is a good indicator of non-verbal intent, and they are non-verbally coming off as flirting in the ad (the odd long glances are the biggest indicator, and the weird smirking after the gooey romantic present line). Additionally, it's partly due to the awkward dialogue and the general disbelief of them being brother and sister (because this is literally an ad, and most siblings just don't talk like that from general experience even if they like each other that much).

obviously the biggest counterpoint is that she hasn't seen him in very long time and they're just heartfelt siblings sharing a moment because of lost time, but even considering all that, why'd he only get her a gift? Idk the majority of us could be wrong.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sister is very cute so you can see where he is coming from. Lets be honest, WeekendEra.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Everybody that thinks the Folgers siblings are trying to bang are the same people that say Kimetsu No Yaiba is incest bait. Y'all should be ashamed.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the weird way she answers the door and says "Sister!" kind of sets the tone. The rest of the dialogue could use some work like the "you're my present" line could have been "having family together is my present" but still, before the memes it never seemed like a bad commercial.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
His family's happy to see him and they like terrible pre-ground coffee.
"Would you like a cup of tea?"
"You got any coffee?"
"Coffee?"
"Yeah, coffee."
"No, I don't drink coffee."
"You don't drink coffee? How about instant coffee?"
"No, I don't, have-"
"You don't have any instant coffee?"
"Well, I don't normally-"
"Who doesn't have instant coffee?"
"I don't."
"You buy a jar of Folger's crystals, you put it in the cupboard, you forget about it. And later on when you need it, it's there. It lasts forever. It's freeze-dried. Freeze-dried crystals."
"Really? I'll have to remember that."

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
The thing that kills me is the 'Sister!!' exclamation. It comes out of nowhere, sounds entirely unnatural and makes the rest of the ad feel gross. If you skip it, it feels like a guy coming home to see his girlfreind. It's like someone actually modified it to make it creepy.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The thing that kills me is the 'Sister!!' exclamation. It comes out of nowhere, sounds entirely unnatural and makes the rest of the ad feel gross. If you skip it, it feels like a guy coming home to see his girlfreind. It's like someone actually modified it to make it creepy.
Yeah it's the weirdest part of the commercial honestly. Like how long was he gone?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't understand. What was wrong with the commercial?

The sister was happy to have her brother back from the other side of the planet. I thought it was sweet.

I thought mom waking up because coffee was on the pot was the only lame part of the commercial.

edit: you guys are so weird!

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't understand. What was wrong with the commercial?

Nothing wrong.

The sister was happy to have her brother back from the other side of the planet. I thought it was sweet.

Yeah she sure was happy. Happy to fuck his brains out later that day too probably

I thought mom waking up because coffee was on the pot was the only lame part of the commercial.

Be glad. You might have not liked what was coming next

edit: you guys are so weird!

This is also true.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
tenor.gif