• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is Best Pon-- *Ahem* Who is your favorite of the Mane 6?

• Twilight Sparkle (Unicorn -> Alicorn; Magic; Princess of Friendship)

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • Applejack (Earth Pony; Honesty; Farmer)

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Rarity (Unicorn; Generosity; Fashion Designer)

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Pinkie Pie (Earth Pony; Laughter; Party Planner and Confectioner)

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Fluttrershy (Pegasus; Kindness; Caretaker of Animals)

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Rainbow Dash (Pegasus; Loyalty; Daredevil and Wonderbolt)

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • Derpy Hooves/Muffin (Wait. She's not even a main-- *BUCKED*)

Votes: 13 13.0%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
latest

I never imagined how the power of friendship, which can be the key to saving a world of small colorful talking horses, would attract well beyond its intended demographic, and explode in such massive popularity as one of The Hub Network/DIscovery Family's leading programs.

Once a college student, I wouldn't have even thought of watching this, but I was shown the premiere episodes and was hooked that day.

Over the course of the show's 9 seasons, there is an ongoing comic series, a big movie, and plenty of spinoffs (One about the ponies as humans, and a Teen Titans Go style series), and of course lots of toys.

I was even more shocked how much of a fanbase it had sparked since then.

Not just the usual art, fiction, and cosplay. But fan animation and even music. Heck, like some other franchises, this garnered a ton of conventions (I've only been to one in Washington State, and missed out on a bigger one in Maryland).

I'm not much of a big fan, but I really enjoyed how big this franchise went.

I am, however, a fan of Pegasus buddies Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash because... well... Fluttershy is cute, and Dash is cool.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Celestia is best pony.

Unfortunately none of the show's writers agreed.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Crazy to think it has been 10 years. People enjoying and even growing from a show technically not for them (even if they were annoying to some) is better than whatever the hell we got going on with the internet now.

Oct 27, 2017
Luna is best pony, but Shimmy is best human.

Crazy that it's been 10 years. The show will always have a spot in my heart, but I'm very happy to finally be free from pastel horses.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
I remember watching and really enjoying it, stopped at season 3 though, got distracted with other things and the community was self imploding and kind of being embarrassing for awhile. Worse then Sonic Archie comics fans. I should finish it now though, not sure if I'd watch the human version though.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I liked it. Really enjoyed watching it with my little sister and inspired to me write. No shame. Plus the show has dope songs. Some of my faves in fact.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I remember watching and really enjoying it, stopped at season 3 though, got distracted with other things and the community was self imploding and kind of being embarrassing for awhile. Worse then Sonic Archie comics fans. I should finish it now though, not sure if I'd watch the human version though.

The human version gets good.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
To think this show happened 10 years ago. Don't really watch it much these days, given I have other commitments. But I remember how engaging it was. I haven't even watched the final season yet, though that's because, for whatever reason, Netflix never made it available, at least in the US.

I've honestly have been more engaged with the EqG spin-off though. Sunset is best pony/human!

But I know there are those that mostly remember the show for its infamous fandom.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I never got into it but is it really ten years old now? Insanity, it was such a big icon in fandom culture through the 2010s, for better or worse.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A decade really does fly by, huh. Just... damn. A decade?!

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

www.youtube.com

LET'S FLY TO THE CASTLE

COME FLY WITH ME~...For those asking for a Gif, don't you worry, some guy made one, here it is:https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2013/2/14/242497__safe_princess+...

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always bamboozled when someone besides me makes an MLP thread, lol

I got into the MLP fandom in early 2011, based on all the avatars on NeoGAF and incidental praise I had seen. I went in blind enough that I assumed Twilight Sparkle was a Team Rocket style ineffectual villain based on a GIF of her being tossed up and down with an annoyed expression, Applejack was tiny due to me misinterpretting a GIF of her sitting at a tree, and Rarity was the boring lead character due to only seeing one GIF of her and her being the white one. The ponies blended together so much that I was legit shocked when Pinkie Pie turned out to be a recurring character in the first episode (I skipped the intro).

I came out of the first three episodes thinking it was alright, but I'd simply catch up to what aired at the time so I could form an opinion on whether the hype was justified, maybe watching three episodes a day. But then I woke up thirsting for more, and I caught up on the series the next day.

After ten years, it's pretty safe to say this is the longest I've ever been an active part of a fandom, and I've only gotten more active as the years went on. I started writing fanfics again in 2019, and I'm still writing them now. I take an active role in the community, and I'm even helping launch a website (not MLP themed, but made by MLP fans). I don't think this is going to end anytime soon.

People say the fanbase isn't active anymore, but I can still go to Twitter and probably find 20 new pieces of MLP fanart posted in the last few hours, and that's just from people I follow and their retweets. It's a literal struggle to keep up with it all. Seriously, take a look at all the fanart I post on our Discord.

Oh, and might as well link the PonyEra Discord, which is still pretty active.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Also the current threads
www.resetera.com

My Little Pony |OT| An adventure that never will end

So. Ponies. Discuss. FiM final season OT Pony Life OT I suppose I should set an official spoiler policy. G5 discussion is fine, as what we've seen won't fully reflect the end product. Season 8 and EQG leaks can only be discussed with great care. EPISODES Equestria Girls: Forgotten Friendship...
www.resetera.com

My Little Pony: Pony Life series announced (G4.5)

https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/13/my-little-pony-pony-life-first-look-lizzo/ (EDIT: Reupload) Yes, that's "Good as Hell". This premieres on Discovery Family in 2020. This gives strong Teen Titans Go vibes, with an unexpected resemblance to those old PONY.MOV fan videos. For those wondering...
www.resetera.com

Transformers and My Little Pony crossover comic from IDW revealed

https://io9.gizmodo.com/fandoms-collide-as-the-transformers-finally-team-up-wit-1841492446 Written by Ian Flynn, James Asmus Illustrated by Tony Fleecs, Jack Lawrence 96 Pages Release Date: November 3rd, 2020 James Asmus says, "I wrote the opening chapter and climax /resolution. As well...

For those wary of the human stories, I at least recommend checking out the songs.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Partial to the Pegasi... But donkeys will always be my favorites.

Because of this show, I got a wife, drew, learn to sew, and also how to instruct others on managing the money made from said projects. It was a good five years, and lead to the not so great next years.

Many things have changed. But hey, the animation still makes me smirk.

... Still sad I lost so many collectibles due to a fire. Even my rare Saturn games were not as bad (insurance and the memories)... But I can't and can never get the art/autographs, plushes and figures I had back then.

The few I rescued were given to those that appreciated them. In that way, I know things have been worth it

... Maybe I'll draw my old burro tonight. Lol

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
And the show ended last year, the movie was 2 years ago?

This show was around the fucking 2010s, that's nuts

Gamesadict

Oct 25, 2017
This show got me through what would have been a really depressing late 2011 - early 2012, fortunately it was a short period of time.

Mid 2011 when I finally watched the first episode after those insane months of ponies flying everywhere on the internet was an experience, it was so fresh that the amount of fanmade content was a non stop barrage for over 2 years, so there was always something to keep you entertained in between the waits for the next episode or season. By 2014 things calmed a lot after the drama of Twilight becoming an alicorn, but the fandom and the show were both well established on top of having more spread out content with Equestria Girls (haven't watched a single minute of that lol), official comics, and the availability of higher grade official content such as the 4de plushies.

I haven't been as on top of the whole thing for some years as I was those first 4 years, but I'll always love this show and everything that came with it, it no joke defined my 2010's online experiences.

Hmm, wonder what will come with G5...

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
And the show ended last year, the movie was 2 years ago?

This show was around the fucking 2010s, that's nuts
Movie was 2017.

I had no idea this was from the writer of PPG and Fosters... well, now I might have to give it a watch. Fosters is one of my all time favorite cartoons.
Lauren Faust left the show partway through season 2 (seemingly before the show even started airing), as an FYI. Also, to be clear, while she worked on PPG and Fosters, she isn't the creator; that's Craig McCracken.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
multiple votes allowed me to hoist up applejack, thank you multiple votes

anyway i liked the few episodes of the first season i watched and i like the art style and that's prettymuch all that i ever have known about this generation of my little pony. rainbow dash is cool, if you like pinkie pie we're not friends

that's all

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Has anyone met people who worked on the show? I got to meet all the mane six VA'S, the song composer and some of the writers.

a glitch

Dec 12, 2018
Seeing some of the most disgusting people and websites the internet had to offer at the time suddenly go wild about a My Little Pony show and espouse it's values of love and tolerance was a hell of an experience that I am going to remember for a long, long time.

Then seeing some of those websites ban discussion about the show because people were getting too weird about it was fucking hilarious.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I got into this sometime during S2 I think. Kept up until somewhere in either S4 or S5 (I definitly still saw that Dragon Ball like fight between Twilight and that... demon ape thingy). I definitly liked what I watched, even if the first few episodes where a bit bumpy. Once Discord showed up the show became top tier though. x)

Oh, and this is the best thing that came out of the fandom:

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Oh wow, has it really been that long? Good show, great characters, some really high highs and low lows in terms of the fandom.

Discord's the best and should be on that poll somewhere.

This just reminded me I need to go check in on TF2 again soon. The entire time I spent with this show was done in the background of playing that, so the two are just forever connected for me now...

One of the worst fandoms ever, lmao
How did it attract so many shitheads?
Cast a wide net and you'll inevitably catch some weird, sexist/racist/homophobic fish accidentally...

Last edited:

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Seeing some of the most disgusting people and websites the internet had to offer at the time suddenly go wild about a My Little Pony show and espouse it's values of love and tolerance was a hell of an experience that I am going to remember for a long, long time.

Then seeing some of those websites ban discussion about the show because people were getting too weird about it was fucking hilarious.

What's even more cringey is that these people say "no politics" when called out for their horrible views as if that somehow means they can get away with being shitty people. Unfortunately I know a good part of the fandom even if not horrible themselves use that excuse to keep associating with said horrible people and turn a blind eye to them.

Oct 27, 2017
Also, still lots of great fan content being made

2Snacks is a treasure to the internet. Pretty sure a ton of people just discovered him due to his Korone videos.

Has anyone met people who worked on the show? I got to meet all the mane six VA'S, the song composer and some of the writers.

I met a good chunk of them. They all seemed really nice. Talked to Peter New and Lee Tockar quite a bit at a charity auction. Ended up getting Lee to record a voice mail message for me as Beast Wars Ravage.

For the most part though I didn't want to bother them too much. There were enough overzealous fans that I didn't want to add to any awkwardness.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't met any in person, but I have commissioned art from Bevin Brand, who worked on Equestria Girls, and have talked to her about both fanfics and the Derpibooru situation (getting her to request a "Do Not Post" on that site).