• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
It's not even been a month since the "long-awaited" Ver. 7.0.0, but a new Firmware update is now available for the Nintendo Switch. Not sure what it does just yet, but likely nothing big other than you-know-what. It's only Ver. 7.0.1 after all.

Will post patch notes when available.

• Resolved an issue where the Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! games cannot reconnect to the Pokémon GO app if the game software was closed after pairing with the app.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22525/p/897

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's a minor thing and I didn't even know it was the actual switch firmware that did it but it really was annoying having to restart both the phone and switch just to do the pokemon go transfer, especially with the Meltan event going on so this is good news for the people that still do care at least!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Folded ...2 years into the lifecycle? Let's not get crazy.
giphy.gif

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I was having an issue with that recently. Didn't realize it was the Switch firmware that caused it.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Can't believe we're on Version 7, two years in, and still have the two basic themes as the only choices.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Careful what you wish for, we may only get the EPD & Kirby characters for Smash. I'd imagine that the third party companies would want us to pay extra for the likes of Sonic, Ryu, Simon, & Cloud.

Whatever it takes to get a K. Rool icon on my Switch. Even if that means waiting for DKC6 with Kremlings.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
The Let's Go/GO connectivity issue has actually been a bit of an issue since I use my Switch to help dozens of people locally. It's nice to see it fixed so quickly.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Since it's a Pokémon Lets Go patch, did Nintendo ever fix the...?

- Opposing Trainer uses a full restore
- Text reads: "YOU used a full restore."

A very un-Nintendo like error.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Since it's a Pokémon Lets Go patch, did Nintendo ever fix the...?

- Opposing Trainer uses a full restore
- Text reads: "YOU used a full restore."

A very un-Nintendo like error.
It's a patch to the system firmware to address a problem with Bluetooth communication, not a patch to the game itself. Something about the 7.0.0 update broke it.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Anyone else wish Nintendo made firmware updates like Sony and Microsoft? Those were introducing new features that were somewhat substantial. Every major update(I know this is a minor one and expected) has added maybe two things/changes and they aren't anything substantial outside of NSO stuff in September.

Bob_Coffee

Oct 25, 2017
Ive been running into issues pairing joycons and my 8 bitdo controlers. Wonder if this will fix it.