• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to playing the PC version of Sunset Overdrive, hot damn this game is amazing fun, at first I didn't understand it and kept dying, I was playing it like I would inFamous, but then it just clicked and I'm having tons of fun doing combos with the different guns (which are really cool) and crazy verticality of gameplay. Sometimes it can be too hectic tho. Also game has kick ass soundtrack, like it came straight out of a early 2000s Sega game or Tony Hawk, and the graphics are really good, colors just pop out the screen. It's also refreshing playing a game that doesn't take itself so serious, and the humor is on point, most of the time.

Was this game profitable? Either way, MS and Insomniac should bring it back.

ps: anyone got some nice gifs of the game?

Jan 9, 2018
If spiderman wasnt insomniac right now id agree but i think we will get a new ratchet and spiderman 2 instead

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
They should reboot it and keep the overall gameplay but ditch all the cringe worthy humor stuff.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I'm interested in SO2 more than another spidey tbh. Would be interesting to see how it perform on PS5.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
It was garbage. Though it spawned amazing Spider-Man . So no it served its purpose . Now bring on Spider-Man 2 with Mysterio,Electro,Venom , Carnage , Morbius and Kraven

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Sunset Overdrive 2 is the most important game Insomniac can make.
3USgt2g.gif

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I agree OP but it's far more likely we'll see Spider-Man 2 and 3 before we get another Sunset Overdrive.

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
are any of the art or game designers even at insomniac still?

Pretty much bought an xbox one for the game and while I don't regret it, it's a 5 year old game that really hasn't left 5 years of impressions on me. I was personally disappointed that for all the talks and interviews about all the different clothes, etc, they never bothered making any DLC for new outfits.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
I liked the first one sufficiently, but it also needed a bit more features to make it stand above. I also felt the humor in Saints Row 3 and 4 were better executed and silly, whereas this one was more teenagy.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really like the tower defense aspect of it, but that's really the only thing I don't like about it. The world is so well designed to fit the traversal and combat abilities, its one of the most underrated games of the gen in terms of game design discussion.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really like the tower defense aspect of it, but that's really the only thing I don't like about it. The world is so well designed to fit the traversal and combat abilities, its one of the most underrated games of the gen in terms of game design discussion.

Same here. the tower defense segments was the only part I did not like. A marvelously fun game overall that I thoroughly enjoyed!

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I'd play it, but it's not going to happen since I'm sure they're working on Spiderman 2 already.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be up for more. The first game was so much fun.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Need to give the game another chance some time. The traversal combat never clicked with me.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I adore Sunset Overdrive, but I don't think it did very well. Some of the most basic achievements have very low completion rates, so it seems like people who did buy it mostly abandoned it early on (which is a shame). The only part I didn't like were the defense missions, but loved everything else.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Nah we need a ratchet 2 remake and spiderman 2 on the ps5.

They are back in bed with Sony and doing well again.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'd look forward to it more than a second Spirder man because it has much more room to grow and the traversal mechanics/combat felt way more satisfying. There's practically zero chance it will happen though.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I mean, I wouldn't mind a new Ratchet and Clank or Spider-Man but I'd take a new Sunset Overdrive over either (or both!) all damn day.

Just no references to gaming forums this time please.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Same. If they do make another one, they need to not have the TD part. It wasn't terrible, but wasn't fun either. To add to that, I liked the humor as well, it's kinda refreshing from the serious tone of most other games in that aspect.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Agree on the Tower Defense parts. Liked the kinetic gameplay (definitely not good at it, though). Loved moving around. Even made a Sunset like in Project Spark because I loved it - ended up a bit more like Mirror's Edge, but it had grinding lol. I really enjoyed the goofy story and characters, actually. If there weren't the TD parts, I probably would have finished the game.