• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

12 boys and soccer coach stuck in Thailand Cave [All rescued] (Read OP)

Oct 25, 2017
If it's a Hollywood movie, the divers will be American instead of British
And the kids would be white

Honestly, when I heard this story I thought they were all goners, so it's a nice surprise to see most of them made it and the rest likely will as well.

Oct 25, 2017
If it's a Hollywood movie, the divers will be American instead of British
But played by British actors amirite?

Thailand can make decent mainstream films though, like Bad Genius from last year, another real life story turned into one of the best twist on the heist genre in recent years.

Dec 19, 2017
Opening white credits over black background.... BASED ON TRUE EVENTS.

The black background fades away to reveal... JACKSON, WYOMING.

A white all-American football team portrayed by 30-something actors laugh amongst themselves while heading towards a cave...

Anyway! What's the latest update. Is there a rescue op going on right now for the remaining kids, or is it still paused?

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Guys don’t be ridiculous. The film will still take place in Thailand and the boys will be Thai (played by any boys that look vaguely of Asian descent).

But the movie will be ABOUT the Caucasian American ex marine who has to lead the operation to save the kids will suffering from PTSD about the time that his wife and daughter drowned before he could save them.

Y’all really think Hollywood is going to pass on the chance to make a white savior film?

Taki

Oct 25, 2017
Let’s be real. The Hollywood adaptation would feature Channing Tatum as the coach, or feature the two British divers who first located them.

Oct 30, 2017
Is there any foreseen complications in getting the adult out the same way as the boys have been led out? I take it he will be the last one rescued too?

Oct 25, 2017
Twilight Zone
was listening to NPR earlier today and they mentioned how Thailand entertained the idea of having the children stay in the cave until monsoon season is over.

at first it sounded utterly insane but on second thought, i understand why that would be brought up. perhaps they could (1) bring food and supplies to the children because this would (a) minimize diver deaths or (b) deaths of the children during the dive back. it would also (c) bring risks down to a minimal given the many variables with underwater rescues.

but ultimately these kids would be in there for several weeks, if not months. with an incident like this being so uncommon, it seems there is nothing off the table when discussing how to solve it. such a sad story.

Feb 19, 2018
Guys don’t be ridiculous. The film will still take place in Thailand and the boys will be Thai (played by any boys that look vaguely of Asian descent).

But the movie will be ABOUT the Caucasian American ex marine who has to lead the operation to save the kids will suffering from PTSD about the time that his wife and daughter drowned before he could save them.

Y’all really think Hollywood is going to pass on the chance to make a white savior film?
Actually, you're 1000% right, this is the most likely movie. Also, their will be a Brit and an Aussie because Americans fucking love that accent. So Brit, American, Aussie, and a black American diver if they're feeling charitable. That's just how Hollywood works unfortunately

Oct 25, 2017
was listening to NPR earlier today and they mentioned how Thailand entertained the idea of having the children stay in the cave until monsoon season is over.

at first it sounded utterly insane but on second thought, i understand why that would be brought up. perhaps they could (1) bring food and supplies to the children because this would (a) minimize diver deaths or (b) deaths of the children during the dive back. it would also (c) bring risks down to a minimal given the many variables with underwater rescues.

but ultimately these kids would be in there for several weeks, if not months. with an incident like this being so uncommon, it seems there is nothing off the table when discussing how to solve it. such a sad story.
That was one of the first possibilities raised, but I believe the threat of complete flooding removed it as an option.

Oct 29, 2017

Lmao. So off topic but this is hilariously true.

And the movie will use Elons kiddie submarines.

Oct 25, 2017
This whole incident checks all the boxes for a drama film. The only question is the release date. :)
Everybody please stop with the movie talk there are still 4 kids left plus the divers inside the caves and anything could go wrong in any minute, have some respect for the situation, the admins and mods have said multiple times, stay on topic

Cerium Jonneh

Last edited:

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Nov 20, 2017
I read the cave wont be closed despite this incident apparently they are expecting a huge spike in tourists following this.Thats just madness. Close that cave forever I say.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Once again reminding everyone to please not to turn this into an Elon Musk thread again. If you resume or participate in such a derail you will be moderated. Please also cut down on the movie adaptation talk while kids are still trapped.

Feb 14, 2018
I read the cave wont be closed despite this incident apparently they are expecting a huge spike in tourists following this.Thats just madness. Close that cave forever I say.
I mean if everything turns out for the best.

I would like to go and poke my head in there. They will probably up the safety of it.

Volimar

Oct 25, 2017

Just asking for future problems. Even if it's closed, unless they can blast the entrance or something people will still go in there.

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
that area way in the north of Thailand might honestly need the tourism boost. It's in the mountainous jungles at the Laos/Myamar borders and tourists don't often stray much further than Chiang Mai. I understood that the kids are mostly from poor families. If they make the caves safe(r), the tourists could be a boon for the region