• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Fantastic to hear that 4 more have been rescued and are now being cared for.

I am hoping for ideal conditions so that the rest of the boys and the coach are rescued soon.

It's incredible what these divers are doing. I can't commend them enough. Immense respect and appreciation for the work they've done and are doing.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
At least some good news today. Glad to read those kids are safe, hope the others make it out too!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's really impressive how well the rescue has gone so far. Such a shame one diver died.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
The movie will be told from the perspective of a white family that was vacationing nearby...

81wrDB9c4BL._SY445_.jpg

Scarlett Johansson and Emma Stone will play the Thai boys

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Opening white credits over black background.... BASED ON TRUE EVENTS.

The black background fades away to reveal... JACKSON, WYOMING.

A white all-American football team portrayed by 30-something actors laugh amongst themselves while heading towards a cave...

Anyway! What's the latest update. Is there a rescue op going on right now for the remaining kids, or is it still paused?

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Guys don't be ridiculous. The film will still take place in Thailand and the boys will be Thai (played by any boys that look vaguely of Asian descent).

But the movie will be ABOUT the Caucasian American ex marine who has to lead the operation to save the kids will suffering from PTSD about the time that his wife and daughter drowned before he could save them.

Y'all really think Hollywood is going to pass on the chance to make a white savior film?

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
Since 4 kids still need to be rescued and the remaining divers are still there I think we should remain on topic as a sign of respect

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be real. The Hollywood adaptation would feature Channing Tatum as the coach, or feature the two British divers who first located them.

elseanio

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Is there any foreseen complications in getting the adult out the same way as the boys have been led out? I take it he will be the last one rescued too?

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone
was listening to NPR earlier today and they mentioned how Thailand entertained the idea of having the children stay in the cave until monsoon season is over.

at first it sounded utterly insane but on second thought, i understand why that would be brought up. perhaps they could (1) bring food and supplies to the children because this would (a) minimize diver deaths or (b) deaths of the children during the dive back. it would also (c) bring risks down to a minimal given the many variables with underwater rescues.

but ultimately these kids would be in there for several weeks, if not months. with an incident like this being so uncommon, it seems there is nothing off the table when discussing how to solve it. such a sad story.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Guys don't be ridiculous. The film will still take place in Thailand and the boys will be Thai (played by any boys that look vaguely of Asian descent).

But the movie will be ABOUT the Caucasian American ex marine who has to lead the operation to save the kids will suffering from PTSD about the time that his wife and daughter drowned before he could save them.

Y'all really think Hollywood is going to pass on the chance to make a white savior film?

Actually, you're 1000% right, this is the most likely movie. Also, their will be a Brit and an Aussie because Americans fucking love that accent. So Brit, American, Aussie, and a black American diver if they're feeling charitable. That's just how Hollywood works unfortunately

Oct 25, 2017
was listening to NPR earlier today and they mentioned how Thailand entertained the idea of having the children stay in the cave until monsoon season is over.

at first it sounded utterly insane but on second thought, i understand why that would be brought up. perhaps they could (1) bring food and supplies to the children because this would (a) minimize diver deaths or (b) deaths of the children during the dive back. it would also (c) bring risks down to a minimal given the many variables with underwater rescues.

but ultimately these kids would be in there for several weeks, if not months. with an incident like this being so uncommon, it seems there is nothing off the table when discussing how to solve it. such a sad story.
That was one of the first possibilities raised, but I believe the threat of complete flooding removed it as an option.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

Lmao. So off topic but this is hilariously true.

And the movie will use Elons kiddie submarines.

Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
This whole incident checks all the boxes for a drama film. The only question is the release date. :)

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
This whole incident checks all the boxes for a drama film. The only question is the release date. :)

Everybody please stop with the movie talk there are still 4 kids left plus the divers inside the caves and anything could go wrong in any minute, have some respect for the situation, the admins and mods have said multiple times, stay on topic

Cerium Jonneh

Last edited:

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Tomorrow will be tense for sure. Lets hope the weather holds out.

Wololo

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I read the cave wont be closed despite this incident apparently they are expecting a huge spike in tourists following this.Thats just madness. Close that cave forever I say.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Once again reminding everyone to please not to turn this into an Elon Musk thread again. If you resume or participate in such a derail you will be moderated. Please also cut down on the movie adaptation talk while kids are still trapped.

principal

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
I read the cave wont be closed despite this incident apparently they are expecting a huge spike in tourists following this.Thats just madness. Close that cave forever I say.

I mean if everything turns out for the best.

I would like to go and poke my head in there. They will probably up the safety of it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Just asking for future problems. Even if it's closed, unless they can blast the entrance or something people will still go in there.