• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I like 12 Days of Christmas.

The one song that annoys me is "Shiny Happy People" (which is not a Holiday song but still...)

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I love Christmas music. I can't wait to stream it 24 / 7 once December hits!
deUxX3j.gif

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Santa baby is god awful. Never want to hear it again.

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time is also terrible.

Can't stand Santa Baby, but I will admit to genuinely enjoying SHaWCT.

Santa Baby is only appropriate for your SO to lip sync while doing a Christmas themed strip tease.

No though, because I don't want to think about Santa in a sexual context. Aged bears are profoundly not my jam, no matter how many gifts they slip into my socks.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I'm at the point with Christmas where I can't stand any of it. I make sure my son has a good Christmas, but beyond that, I just don't care.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
When did Christmas have 12 days anyway?

Not that this is an original opinion but "all I want for Christmas is you" is the only Christmas song I like

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I love Christmas music. I can't wait to stream it 24 / 7 once December hits!

100% serious. Christmas music makes me smile and makes me happy!

I'm with you, man, I love Christmas music.

There are a couple songs I'm not a fan of though. My work plays this one song, I Want to go Skating with Willie, every year. They usually shuffle in some new songs, but they keep this one. It gets on my nerves. They also play the, I believe, Burl Ives version of 12 Days that feels annoyingly slow especially with the 5 Golden Rings part.

On a related note, I love the Phineas and Ferb version of 12 Days

The whole Christmas album is a real gem.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I have been listening to radio and there is always these cheesy adds that have their own take on these crappy Christmas songs and it re-ignited my most hate Holiday song of them all: 12 Days of Christmas song.
I hate this fuckin' song so much.

what holiday song makes you irrationally angry?

feel free to vent!

Should I return the 5 golden rings I was going to get you for Christmas :(?

guess who's my favorite Avenger?

Nick Fury?

hamarr

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like it, depending on he version.

I had to listen to this version I don't know how many times growing up. My mom had two different Christmas albums by this guy that she constantly played every year except for when Mannheim Steamroller Christmas music was everywhere. My brother bought them on CD several years back so we could listen to them "ironically" or something.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y_xuGxdqKU0

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I work retail. There are specific songs I hear a million different versions of every day that drive me mad.

The biggest one is Little Drummer Boy. I grew up listening to the original record. I love it. I do not love hearing half-assed covers on repeat all afternoon. None of them have any personality or emotion. It's usually either "hey I'm singing a popular Christmas song!" or "hey listen to how many passing notes I can hit between the notes I'm actually supposed to be singing!" or some combination.

Similarly, I love The Drifters' version of White Christmas (it's the song my brain automatically jumps to when it's bored, year-round, that backing vocal does it for me) but I can't stand most other versions of it. And of course nobody ever plays this version.

"Last Christmas," which is a terrible song that is all chorus and no verse and it makes me want to die. It's the only holiday song I dislike and I dislike it a lot.
This is the other big one. I don't dislike the lyrics and there are a couple versions I enjoy (such as Wham!'s), but there are versions that are literally just the chorus repeated for 3 minutes and they're on constantly.

Santa baby is god awful. Never want to hear it again
I don't find the song too bad, but I really hate how most people who do it always do it in that over-exaggerated "Marilyn Monroe singing Happy Birthday to JFK" voice. Taylor Swift does my favourite version (that I've heard lately) because she's actually singing it like a normal person.

People also do this to I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. Why would you do that?!

The one that gets under my skin the most is "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time". At least most other Christmas songs are listenable. This one's just all around awful and unpleasant to hear.
That fucking Paul McCartney song.
omg I HATE THAT SONG

There's one other tune that drives me nuts. The main lyric is "Need a Little Christmas Now". I refuse to look it up to know any more about it than that and the fact I despise it.

combine42

Nov 11, 2017
It makes you angry?

My grandma had 12 glasses one for each of the 12 days of Christmas. She would set up the dinner table with one of the glasses at each seat. She then made us sing the full song using the portion that matched the glass of your seat. Seating arrangements got very heated to the point where one of my cousins ended up hiding the set of glasses all together. My grandma was so angry, but at least we didn't have to sing.

The worst tradition.

LogicAirForce

Oct 25, 2017

That song always makes me think of this Eddie Izzard bit.

Christmas Shoes is the worst Christmas song. Christmas is meant to be a happpy occasion, what kind of jerk would make such a sad song about it.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Who can hate 8 maids a milking? Take a chill pill bro...

Better than any Mirah Carey song.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I work retail, so I have to hear these songs in a goddamn loop. as annoying as the old staples like that are, by far the worst is one about a fucking christmas donkey complete with hee haw sounds that a 5 year old would find grating

If I could get away with punching the people who wrote, produced, played and signed of on thatsong from the label I would

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, that is one truly horrific song, OP. I dislike Christmas songs in general but I have a special dislike for "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth".

Damien1928

Oct 27, 2017
12 days is annoying, I find a lot of Xmas music to be though.

Do they know it's Xmas
The pogues
Well I wish it could be Xmas everyday
All I want for Xmas is you

I like last Xmas and let it snow but not much else

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Previously workibg retail has basically ruined all Christmas songs for me but the worst offender for me is some country singers rendition of Jingle Bell Rock. The dude sings at like 2 words a minute so it goes on for like 20 minutes and the version they'd play was like some live performance or something where at the end he'd decide everyone wants an encore and go through the last bit of the song again. Drove me insane everytime it came over the speakers.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Officer, please understand. I only choked that man out with a giant candy cane because '12 Days of Christmas' came on. Anybody else in my position would have done the same."