• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Amakusa

Nov 2, 2017
This honestly might be the most fucked up thing I have ever heard in my life.

I'm trying to imagine their life, as an a 20-something year old myself, and it makes me feel ill.

You have to be a truly horrible human being to do something this vile.

This is horrible, no doubt about that, but where have you been in 2008 when the following story blew up?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case

Wikipedia said:
The Fritzl case emerged in April 2008 when a woman named Elisabeth Fritzl (born 6 April 1966) told police in the town of Amstetten, Austria, that she had been held captive for 24 years behind eight locked doors in a concealed corridor part of the basement area of the large family house by her father, Josef Fritzl (born 9 April 1935), and that Fritzl had physically assaulted, sexually abused, and raped her numerous times during her imprisonment.[1][2] The abuse by her father resulted in the birth of seven children:[3] three of them remained in captivity with their mother, one had died just days after birth, and the other three were brought up by Fritzl and his wife, Rosemarie, having been reported as foundlings.

Some people are terribly sick. :/

Amakusa

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I know about that case very well. I don't want to compare the two and say one is lesser than another directly, but this one the topic is about is crazy. Just shows how vile people can be.

Makes sense and it's not my intention to trump someone's evil deed by providing example of even more villainous deeds. It's just that the Fritzl case is my personal benchmark for the most fucked up stuff (committed by a private person - war crimes are on a whole another level).

Oct 26, 2017
This was recent as recent photo they look fine

https://i-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w1200/i./i/pix/2018/01/15/23/482C894E00000578-5272703-Two_parents_have_been_arrested_after_13_of_their_children_were_f-a-44_1516058496228.jpg

https://i-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w1200/i./i/pix/2018/01/15/23/482CA5A300000578-5272703-image-a-57_1516059195903.jpg

These photos are all from 2016

Something happened after this
The matching outfits... The way each girl in the first pic has meticulously brushed/combed hair... The idea that the gaunt and skeletal girl on the far right in the first picture is in her mid 20s...

That may very well be one of the most horrifying images I've ever seen.

Oct 25, 2017
There are no photos of these kids anywhere right? I can read an article about this without having to worry about this? I really don't need to see this right now

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017

https://i-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w1200/i./i/pix/2018/01/15/23/482C894E00000578-5272703-Two_parents_have_been_arrested_after_13_of_their_children_were_f-a-44_1516058496228.jpg

That's some Little Sister shit.

Also, how telling that the other photo has the kids labeled as "thing 1" to "thing 13"

I can't fathom how you could be so twisted you'd do that to another person, let alone your children.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In that case I'm just not gonna click on anything and leave this thread, thanks.
Shit like this is not for me.

Their faces are okayish in the photos (nothing horrible of them, just no blurred faces), but it somehow really really looks off.

And way more off if you know how old some of them are. My mind can't really comprehend what happened here.

So many warning signs on the fb profile, the first being that it is a joint profile.

Dunno why a joint account is a sign, but everything else on that profile is off. Changing your pictures thrice a day, both of them looking crazy in the photos etc.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The matching outfits... The way each girl in the first pic has meticulously brushed/combed hair... The idea that the gaunt and skeletal girl on the far right in the first picture is in her mid 20s...

That may very well be one of the most horrifying images I've ever seen.

They look smaller than you would expect a 27 / 28 year old To for sure but none of them look skeletal to me from those photos.

The faces would be telling I imagine, if you saw the second photo in isolation but without the faces you would expect faces of pure happiness, the huddle and body language looks like a loving family, wonder if some of them are fully brainwashed.

Horrific story and I'd love to know if these people are simply evil or somehow thought they were doing it out of some fucked up version of love. Imagine the parents aren't fully mentally sound.

Hope they all get the support they need but depending on the level of their exclusion from reality it will be a long journey for some of them

Edit - just seen the Facebook pics and they look genuinely happy, this is a really fucked it story, the fact they look happy makes me think this goes deep and they didn't even think it to be usual.

Last edited:

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, gotcha, thanks! Makes ... some(?) ...sense, still creepy

Also you can see the shirts are for a trip to disneyland if you look at the parents joint facebook page. If you ever go to disneyland/world, you will see tons of families dressed up in matching outfits/shirts and even these Thing shirts are not a unique idea there. Ive seen the same thing multiple times at Disney.

... but yeah... given what was going on behind the scenes with this family makes the shirts extremely creepy...and sad...and horrible...and...

Last edited:

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, looking the wedding pic, I think this is about to get alot sicker.

Especially if they were allowed out the house.

I hope not, and that was such a brave girl to get away and call police.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017

https://i-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w1200/i./i/pix/2018/01/15/23/482CA5A300000578-5272703-image-a-57_1516059195903.jpg

Looks like they want all the daughters to have the same hairstyle, and all the sons to have their dad's bowl-cut.

Yeah, it looks like these parents were always unhinged and just got worse as time went by. In one of the news pieces, locals suggest the family was having severe financial difficulty because they wouldn't stop having children and couldn't afford them anymore.

I believe there are a pair of grandparents who say they hadn't talked to the family in five years. I think the biggest concern now is insuring that there is no way in hell any of those kids is allowed back under the control of the parents.

Nov 1, 2017
The daughter holding the baby appears to be the only one with a slightly different haircut. I hope they all get help and support to help them live the best lives possible moving forward.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Not liking this Brunette Flowers in the Attic vibe.

I hope all these kids are able to move on and support each other.

WarLox

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is it wrong that when i read stories like this, i start to look forward to the inevitable law and order episode?

Not Asleep

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it looks like these parents were always unhinged and just got worse as time went by. In one of the news pieces, locals suggest the family was having severe financial difficulty because they wouldn't stop having children and couldn't afford them anymore.

I really hope that the children who were found were all the children they had. :(

Hmm... I'd almost guess that they're Quiverfulls from that statement, but I honestly have no clue. This is beyond fucked.

Yeah, this was my first thought too. Not as extreme as FLDS but definitely some sort of fundamentalist Christian who believes in purposefully pursuing big families.

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the dude was an aeronautical engineer with a 140k salary, how can someone so smart be so fucking stupid at the same time?

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Northrup Grumman, apparently, and earning $140K in 2011. Not a top earner, but pretty comfortable for most people. The very large family size and the bankruptcy filings together suggest they may have had serious problems restraining their impulses and planning.
Kids are expensive. I don't know why they kept having so many.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What in the actual fuck that's insane :/
Hopefully the kids get the proper care they deserve. What the hell happened!?

How could you do this to your own children!?

Nov 23, 2017
Am I missing something? Is menopause at 30 now?
Most women have trouble conceiving in their early 40's. Plus older women tend to have bad eggs, and genetic problems are more common causing unsucessful pregnancies. The likelihood of having a healthy spontaneous pregnancy at 47 is fairly slim to nill. At some point it will probably be revealed the youngest are from the daughters.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
This is so disturbing. Man, all I can think about is how many other kids there must be right now going through this same thing. Fucking heartbreaking.

I feel like something had to have changed over the last few years. I mean those trips to Disneyland, Vegas, etc, you'd think the oldest son who was probably somewhere between 25-29 in these pictures could have maybe said something or got help but who knows what kind of brainwashed situation these poor kids were put in. Fuck this planet

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

Their arms look like PVC pipes. Almost no flesh at all on them. Something has been happening for awhile.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
this was on CNN in between the Trump bullshit. More details of this story needs to come out.

Bán

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Their arms look like PVC pipes. Almost no flesh at all on them. Something has been happening for awhile.

I don't see that at all. I just see slim, normal kids. I have healthy nieces and nephews with arms like that (as kids, of course). Only the girl on the left of the second photo looks unhealthily thin to me. The rest look perfectly healthy.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I don't see that at all. I just see slim, normal kids. I have healthy nieces and nephews with arms like that (as kids, of course). Only the girl on the left of the second photo looks unhealthily thin to me. The rest look perfectly healthy.
The shape seems off to me. There's no taper at all, even in the older children. As if their arm muscles never fully developed. I think the person in the thing 9 shirt is an adolescent male but he doesn't have anything that even resembles a bicep.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's insane they held so many captive. Some of the older ones have basically had their life taken from them.