• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone mentioned how the dad looks like a titan from Attack on Titan. I couldn't figure out what he reminded me of till today.

Klean

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I know not every religious person is like this but it seems like every story like this involves religion. Basically, fuck religion.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Most women have trouble conceiving in their early 40's. Plus older women tend to have bad eggs, and genetic problems are more common causing unsucessful pregnancies. The likelihood of having a healthy spontaneous pregnancy at 47 is fairly slim to nill. At some point it will probably be revealed the youngest are from the daughters.
according the the source Cas posted, none of the children were born of incest.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I hope the adult children get the same amount of help the other children do - this whole situation is awful.

The glimmer of hope is despite seemingly being raised like this, they knew it was wrong, and one was finally able to break free and get help.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"They would buy food, including pies, apple pies, pumpkin pies, leave it on the counter, let the children look at it but not eat the food," Hestrin said.

"One of the reasons for the punishments were if the children were found to wash their hands above the wrist area, they were accused of playing in the water, and they would be chained up," Hestrin said.

For being such huge Disney fans they sure appear worse than many of the villains in those films.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Yea..nah that uncensored picture is straight up fucked up. I feel so sorry for them.

Yeah...fucking terrible. It's insane that some of these poor souls are adults. Fucking mind blowing.

I hope these two rot in prison for ever.

I guess the question now is what is going to happen to the adult victims? I'm hoping there is a go fund me or something in the works. This is so crazy and sad.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
This whole story is supremely fucked up, but what's the whole reasoning with not letting the kids shower? I mean, after having their first child, when did these monsters decide that showering is bad?

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...rture-brought-13-kids-along-when-they-n838026

NBC posted a picture with the names and faces of the adult children uncensored. I won't repost it here, but it's in the link. It's creepy because they look like small children, and not 20-30 year old adults. They are also all named with 'J' names, like the way the Duggars do it. Joy, Jessica, Jennifer, Joshua, etc etc. I think no one thought anything was wrong because the adults appear like children.

fucking hell. All the adults look like children.

Last edited:

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
May I didn't realize that you could affect development to that degree. They do look like kids.

Painguy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
California
Im srsly seething with anger. Like WTFFDFFFFFFF!!!!!!!! Bless those kids, I hope they dont end up like their parents from the trauma. Those 2 fuckers look crazy tho. Im so curious as to how this happened. I hate to assume that they are bat shit insane, but its so hard not too in this case.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Im srsly seething with anger. Like WTFFDFFFFFFF!!!!!!!! Bless those kids, I hope they dont end up like their parents from the trauma. Those 2 fuckers look crazy tho. Im so curious as to how this happened. I hate to assume that they are bat shit insane, but its so hard not too in this case.

The mother apparently ran off to marry Turpin when she was 16, he's been an engineer at a defense contractor but likely indicates that he kept the kids inside out of religious reasons. (He at least said they had that many because God told them to.)

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Seriously? Ugh...

Anyway, after reading more and seeing the adult children uncensored, I really want the parents to suffer until they die. They destroyed 13 lives and they deserve no mercy.

I sincerely didn't mean to generalize. I have friends who I consider best friends who are religious. I just feel like every time something of this nature happens religion is involved to some extent. But honestly this situation is terrible and horrific across the board regardless of motivations and I don't wanna seem to derail discussion when the only concern should be those involved, I apologize.

Last edited:

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This made the news here in Brazil. Absolutely disgusting. I hope these religious zealots rot in prison and in hell

God damnit! I really want an punching bag so I can print their faces and punch it until my hand give up.

What are the chances of them getting murdered in prison? I bet prisoners won't tolerate this shit.

Last edited:

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
In trying to figure out how long these conditions have been going on it would seem it was happening in fort worth, tx as well. So bare minimum 4 years but obviously probably longer, I almost don't wanna know.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This makes me so angry and sad at the same time. How could anyone do this to anyone, especially their own children?

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure this is a nightmare for all of the children, but I'd imagine it will be especially traumatic for the youngest ones. They may not yet be aware that their lives were seriously abnormal, and may be wondering why their older sibling ruined their family and got them taken from their parents. I really hope there is not resentment on top of all of the other emotional and psychological trauma they're dealing with.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking the youngest who is 2 years old is likely to come out of this least psychologically and physically damaged and will grow up caring for her older siblings because they might carry lifelong emotional and physical burdens

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw in Jornal Nacional (biggest brazilian news) that the parents pleaded Not Guilty. Fucking assholes monsters, even after everything, they still think they did nothing wrong. They deserve everything that happens from now. Hope they suffer so much rotting in prison.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
These guys won't stay together, and neither should they. They need normal people in their lives who will not falter at anchoring them.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw in Jornal Nacional (biggest brazilian news) that the parents pleaded Not Guilty. Fucking assholes monsters, even after everything, they still think they did nothing wrong. They deserve everything that happens from now. Hope they suffer so much rotting in prison.

If I were a betting man I'd say they are already planning on representing themselves.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Stories like this are always so sad. I wonder why the parents did this. What was their goal? Were they just crazy?

I hope the kids and adults can recover from all of this. :(

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Stories like this are always so sad. I wonder why the parents did this. What was their goal? Were they just crazy?

I hope the kids and adults can recover from all of this. :(
Some of the details makes me think that it was a cult they created, and they were probably just going to keep going had they not be exposed.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
every time this gets bumped, my heart stops. christ such a depressing story, cannot be said enough.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I know people get emotional and just say things that don't make sense sometimes, but it's hard to tell for sure with horrible incidents like this. A maternal aunt claimed she wanted to Skype with the family for "over 20 years" - that would mean before Skype was even around, but she could've just been having an emotional breakdown

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Some of the details makes me think that it was a cult they created, and they were probably just going to keep going had they not be exposed.

Yeah but, like, why would someone want to make a cult with their children? It's just so bat shit insane.

They definitely weren't going to stop though. Once you do something that nuts you'd pretty much have to keep doing it or else you'll get caught. Thank god one of the kids was able to escape.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but, like, why would someone want to make a cult with their children? It's just so bat shit insane.

They definitely weren't going to stop though. Once you do something that nuts you'd pretty much have to keep doing it or else you'll get caught. Thank god one of the kids was able to escape.
Indeed. It's hard to get into the minds of a madman and madwoman.

My guess is that it's easier to start a cult with people who have no choice to, then to try to recruit to start one.

Maybe once the "family" became big enough, then they can try to take it outwards and expand it. But it's got to start from somewhere.

*shivers* I feel dirty even trying to elaborate on this, lol.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I guess this is what happen when two absolutely insane people get married. There's no one there to tell the other that they're wrong. It just escalates.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both of these parents better get the exact same life sentence. I feel like they are going to use one against the other and end up giving one a lighter sentence.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, the dickhead father was an engineer who worked for a defense contractor. This is so fucked up. this is the most fucked up story i've read in years.

How in the name of FUCK that the neighbors and relatives did not know what was going on?