• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Over four years after its initial announcement, we finally have a release date for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (shoutout to Gematsu for the info compilation).

Additional info on how the gameplay loop works can be found at the link above, as well as some additional clips here.

The game itself looks like it'll be part adventure-visual novel, part real time strategy; no word on if it's an even split between the two.

Here are some screenshots of the combat for those who are interested:

13-Sentinels-Play-Live-Stream_07-18-19.jpg

13-Sentinels-Aegis-Rim_2019_07-18-19_008.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
2018!? Where are the "Reset the clock!" gifs?

(Just kidding, this is awesome. Now let's get a western release date already.)

convo

Oct 25, 2017
And people said it was only going to be a VN
And it's not like it's Vanilaware's first strategy game, action combat isn't the only thing they've done. We got the tiniest of glimpses of the gameplay years ago and it lines up with the new footage.
Can't wait for people to go "where is all the art? There's only Mech-based strategy combat wherever i look."

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
This game is 90 bucks in Japan and the LE which only includes a 132 page art/design booklet and a papercraft model is 150 bucks. Atlus pricing is pretty impressive, even for visual novels!

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
How long must we suffer before we get it in English. Man, I sure do love Atlus right now. Owning one of the most successful JRPG IPs in the west but still operate like it's 2005.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "battles" look really dull. I loved what the Prologue was about as well as the entire cast, but I hope we can skip those mech battle phases asap.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
The "battles" look really dull. I loved what the Prologue was about as well as the entire cast, but I hope we can skip those mech battle phases asap.
Whats this fucking battle-system :(

Unfortunately kind of agree, it feels like one of those things that looks really complicated, but is pretty simple and boring. I'm guessing given the degree to which they showed it off that most of the game will be the adventure stuff, and ten these battles will be sort of the final sequence to each chapter.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems dead on arrival after so many years and misdirections. Thought they would cancel the game. What are the platforms? Still PS4 and Vita?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
From Odin Sphere to Murasama and then Dragons Crown.....this project is quite the let down. I know that they are a very small studio but i dont really understand how they could justify 5 years on such a game on PS4.

Lets hope it works out for them and the game delivers.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
From Odin Sphere to Murasama and then Dragons Crown.....this project is quite the let down. I know that they are a very small studio but i dont really understand how they could justify 5 years on such a game on PS4.

Lets hope it works out for them and the game delivers.

I follow vanillawares twitter and they are constantly advertising for recruits

Its seems they have a huge problem staying staffed up

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I follow vanillawares twitter and they are constantly advertising for recruits

Its seems they have a huge problem staying staffed up
This really seems like a passion project then - probably wasnt easy to keep everyone on track considering the long development time and the potential market.

Their last couple games were great - this one seems like somewhat of a miss for me, i hope im wrong.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
This really seems like a passion project then - probably wasnt easy to keep everyone on track considering the long development time and the potential market.

Their last couple games were great - this one seems like somewhat of a miss for me, i hope im wrong.

Yeah this is the first vanillaware game that I have zero interest in

Damn shame. They have so much potential but seem to be declining since the fantastic Dragons Crown

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been following this game that much but honestly it looks dope as fuck to me. I only flipped through the stream but it looks like the same plot hook as that Netflix series Dark -- multiple time periods, each one separated by the same amount of time.

Come to think of it, despite having bought Odin Sphere (multiple times), Muramasa, and Dragon's Crown, the only one I've finished is Muramasa. Still plan on getting on the Odin Sphere remake though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the English version of 13 Sentinels ended up showing up in like 2021 or something for like $40 or $50.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
I'll play it if it comes out in english, but this has bomb written aaaaaaaaaaall over it.

That said, please waste money and bring this outside of JP.

Oct 25, 2017
Not feeling what I've seen of the gameplay. Which is a shame as it feels like i've been waiting year for it.

It's nuts that the company who made Odinsphere and Dragon's Crown are getting such an unenthusiastic response from me.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Considering GrimGrimoire is an RTS with a grand total of one tileset for literally the entire game yet is still my second favorite game from then, I'm still interested.

I am curious about all the warnings that it was a straight visual novel, however.