• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
D0zZEFJUwAAr75_.png:orig

https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0005-CUSA14276_00-13K0000000000000

D0zZlzJVAAABjCY.jpg:orig

D1BgMjqV4AEDmJl.jpg:orig

D1BgPAZUwAAFz6s.jpg:orig

D1BgQn8U0AYhRIT.jpg:orig

D03TvZ3UcAA9n8A.jpg:orig

D03Tz20UcAAGb0d.jpg

D0yqdaEUYAA_eaH.jpg:orig

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Is this gonna have any sort of English release/translation?

Oct 27, 2017
Gorgeous artwork but the idea of paying for a demo that doesn't even carry over save data isn't super appealing.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested! But I don't think my Japanese is strong enough to play this game. Please let us know how it is.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To answer the question, no I'm not.

I'm excited for the game, but this literally a paid demo. Like at least Ground Zeroes could be considered a stand alone title. This is just the first 3 hours of a game with some of the most non existent marketing I've seen in quite some time.

I am looking forward to seeing lengthy footage of the "gameplay", whatever it actually is at this point.

Dec 14, 2017
I want to be excited for this, but all the circumstances around the prologue just don't seem worth it. If nothing more comes out regarding 13 sentinels if it sells poorly, then so be it.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
This is gonna be a game where people are gonna look at the art 10 years later and bemoan how this game was ignored and shafted, etc. I can feel it in my bones.

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
Ready for impressions, but I can't read Japanese so... not much of an option.

Natsunoyuutsu

Oct 28, 2017
Excited for the full game but not so much for this demo. Feel that by doing so, it could harm the game when it actually release as many people would confuse and think that the game is already out.
They probably could go with episode like life is strange did which maybe better for the development. (although it's never a good sign when it took this long to make consider its genre)

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This is gonna be a game where people are gonna look at the art 10 years later and bemoan how this game was ignored and shafted, etc. I can feel it in my bones.
To people in 10 years, this game is being ignored at the moment because nobody knows what the fuck it's about

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno how many people here can be excited for a $30 demo, of a visual novel, that isn't even in English. Lol.

I want to love 13 Sentinels, but Vanillaware is consistently not giving me any confidence on it...

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Years of thinking about what this game could turn out to be have tainted my expectations a bit.

Curious about impressions but otherwise not much interest.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I really LOVE me some Vanillaware, but this game has been "wait and see" for a while now. Hopefully it turns out well, but I'm hesitant as shit here

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in seeing a proper slice of the game and what it actually is like to play, instead of the constant clips.

But I can't be excited when Prologue's not being released in English.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be excited when they tell us in detail what the game actually is and what the gameplay is like. All the lineart they've made for it is pretty and what look like cutscenes are beautifully animated and detailed, but keeping the majority of the whole thing under wraps aside from 5-10 second flashes of what looks like fairly uninspired, menu-driven, isometric SRPG screens from the 90s is significantly hurting them.
Thing is, the clips they've shown are what the game seemingly is. You walk around as each character, interacting with the environment and talking to people. Those screens in the mech are basically cutscenes. It's a "visual adventure" game with a ton of art.

So the actual gameplay's been pretty established. What I'm more curious about now is essentially the pacing.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thing is, the clips they've shown are what the game seemingly is. You walk around as each character, interacting with the environment and talking to people. Those screens in the mech are basically cutscenes. It's a "visual adventure" game with a ton of art.

So the actual gameplay's been pretty established. What I'm more curious about now is essentially the pacing.

Check my post that I added a link to. There's more there that we've seen very little of.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
My, I even voted for it on the "what game are you looking forward the most" poll - that we have in the Vita OT. Alas.

But it's Vanillaware so at the very least I want to see what it is.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I feel like it's a waste of the setting to basically make a walking simulator.
You got giant robots. Why won't you let me play as them?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Check my post that I added a link to. There's more there that we've seen very little of.
That's what I mean. There are two that stand out: those cityscape sequences, and the sequences where the kids get into their sentinels. What I presume, for the former, is that it's basically like the rest of the game: you select a background element to interact with, if it isn't just a straight cutscene.

There is no battle system.

Edit: Or at least, I bet Prologue won't have any. It sounds like the initial plan was for there to be adventure portions + strategy battle segments, and it could very well be the latter that's been giving them a whole lot of development trouble.

Last edited:

DrLight66

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
All I want is a Muramasa Rebirth remaster on PS4 or a Dragon's Crown expansion or sequel and instead we're getting a game that none of Vanillaware's fans want or care about lol

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
All I want is a Muramasa Rebirth remaster on PS4 or a Dragon's Crown expansion or sequel and instead we're getting a game that none of Vanillaware's fans want or care about lol

It's hard to be excited about a game you know nothing about. I look forward to seeing at least that. Wouldn't mind what you said though.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
If they wanted money to fund the game, they could have made a HD Princess Crown or Grim Grimoire port. Hell, I'd even buy Muramasa for the 3rd time on Switch.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I know it's not going to happen, but I keep hoping there's some secret game play elements they haven't revealed yet.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's what I mean. There are two that stand out: those cityscape sequences, and the sequences where the kids get into their sentinels. What I presume, for the former, is that it's basically like the rest of the game: you select a background element to interact with, if it isn't just a straight cutscene.

There is no battle system.

Edit: Or at least, I bet Prologue won't have any. It sounds like the initial plan was for there to be adventure portions + strategy battle segments, and it could very well be the latter that's been giving them a whole lot of development trouble.

That's exactly my point - you're guessing. No one knows for sure, all we have to go on are those scant few seconds of that screen plus the many more traditionally-Vanillaware side-on sequences that appear to be just cutscenes. FWIW, I think you're wrong and the isometric screens are going to be the 'main' bulk of the gameplay, but I'm going off the same info you are and the fact we don't have any definitive info about it is exactly the problem.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
My blind faith for Vanillaware makes me want to plop down the money but given its not even localized I find it very hard to do so.

I really, really hope George, Basiscape, and the VW team are okay over there.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I'm definitely interested.
But finding the password to my japanese PSN account is always quite the hassle, lol. I only ever use it like once every three years. So I'll probably just read the impressions.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's exactly my point - you're guessing. No one knows for sure, all we have to go on are those scant few seconds of that screen plus the many more traditionally-Vanillaware side-on sequences that appear to be just cutscenes. FWIW, I think you're wrong and the isometric screens are going to be the 'main' bulk of the gameplay, but I'm going off the same info you are and the fact we don't have any definitive info about it is exactly the problem.
Sure, but don't you think they definitely would have talked about this before Prologue is released in a few days if it was a thing? It's hard to talk about the actual full game since we don't even know when that's going to be coming out or how far off it is, but for Prologue, I think the strategy elements you're referring to definitely wouldn't be in.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Zero interest and I buy everything Vanillaware puts out. This isn't a thing though, it's a way to make back dev costs.

Until yall tell me otherwise once it's out that's how I'm looking at it.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'm defenitely curious to see what this is, but I've never heard of it. From what you guys are describing, this prologue doesn't sound like something I'd ever spend money on.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this doesn't cancel the full game if it doesn't sell because that would suck a lot for both the developers (obviously) and people like me who have been waiting for so long.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Following Dragons Crown with something smaller scale, lower budget and apparently light on gameplay and skewing more towards visual novel is a disappointment

But thats just the assumption i have at the moment about the game. I still have barely an idea of what this actually is and how deep the gameplay goes beyond the story stuff

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I dig vanillaware work, but since I have no damn clue what is the game supposed to be about, I can't be excited. But I do look forward to seeing more.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sure, but don't you think they definitely would have talked about this before Prologue is released in a few days if it was a thing? It's hard to talk about the actual full game since we don't even know when that's going to be coming out or how far off it is, but for Prologue, I think the strategy elements you're referring to definitely wouldn't be in.

Yeah, I'd expect that they would've talked about any strat or combat elements if they were in the Prologue, but they don't seem to have given details about anything in the Prologue other than a vague length and that the save data won't be compatible with the final game, which is why I'm questioning exactly what's in it. (Unless they have in a Japanese site or mag that's been missed by the English internet.) They seem to be being as cagey about this Prologue as they are the full game, and they haven't shown any elements of what made the gameplay of their previous games resonate with so many people - all I'm saying is that's why people aren't excited about it.