• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017

Just finishing our final E3 rehearsal here with the team in Redmond. Feel really good about the briefing. Lots to show. We have 14 Xbox Game Studios games in the show this year, more first party games than we've ever had in the show. Fun times.

To be clear, this may not mean 14 first-party games, but rather include games being published by other publishers from developers now under the Xbox Game Studios umbrella (so in this case, Obsidian with The Outer Worlds from Private Division and inXile with Wasteland 3)

So in this case, lets run down the list of some of the studios that could or will have things to show:

- Halo Infinite (343 Industries)
- Gears 5 (The Coalition)
- Forza Horizon DLC (Playground)
- The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)
- Wasteland 3 (inXile)
- Minecraft (Mojang)
- Rare (Definitely Sea of Thieves, but also new game?)
- Ori
- Battletoads
- Ninja Theory's new IP
- Age of Empires
- Gears Tactics
- We Happy Few DLC

And one last note: on the last Inside Xbox, Spencer did say the show would feature content from all the new studios. So not just Obsidian and inXile with The Outer Worlds and Wasteland 3 respectively, but also The Initiative, Undead Labs, Playground Games, Compulsion Games and Ninja Theory. Read into that what you will.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably counting both first party studios and Microsoft Global Publishing, which does exclusive content from otherwise third party developers.

Nov 8, 2017
I'm sure the Outer worlds will count as one despite technically being 2k published, and stuff like Gears Funko Pops edition will count, but that still leaves a lot of spots for next gen teases (or if we're lucky, proper reveals). Looking forward to the conf.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
It is the season of E3. 14 games from Xbox Game studios? New acquisitions showing off stuff too? oh boy I can't wait. They definitely have a lot to talk about and this ain't even the main show. They got to be saving the nukes for E3 2020.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

1. Halo Infinite
2. Fable
3. Gears 5
4. Sea of Thieves Expansion
5. Forza Horizon 4 Expansion
6. Ori 2
7. Ninja Theory Game?
8. Battletoads

What else y'all. :)

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
That's quite a lot. But they could be counting games that are already released, things like new content for Minecraft, Sea of Thieves, Forza and Halo MCC.

Still, that's a big number.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if that includes stuff like new Sea of Thieves content and updates to FH4

Necro Felipe

Editor-in-chief at Universo Nintendo
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Brasil
This is probably counting both first party studios and Microsoft Global Publishing, which does exclusive content from otherwise third party developers.

I don't think he's talking about Microsoft Global Publishing this time....

"more first party games than we've ever had in the show"

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Gears 5, Ori, Battletoads, Forza DLC, Halo Infinite, Halo MCC on PC, Gears Tactics, Wasteland 3

Theres 8. No idea on the other 6.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
I want some beef. Real talk - bring me some more high quality high production value games like Gears 5. I'd rather have first party focus on big grand experiences and let 3rd party and smaller studios fill out the portfolio.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully they're not super early CG trailers. Don't want a repeat of 2014 tbh.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
SOT already mentioned that they're going to talk primarily about the Anniversary Update that just dropped, as opposed to covering lots more of new content. So that's one expectation to bring back down to earth.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the Outer worlds will count as one despite technically being 2k published, and stuff like Gears Funko Pops edition will count, but that still leaves a lot of spots for next gen teases (or if we're lucky, proper reveals). Looking forward to the conf.
If he said "internal developers" instead of "Xbox Game Studios" I'd believe that, but the wording is specific. Speaking of wording, the way he puts it makes me believe that stuff like FH4 DLC counts as presence on the stage.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder why they feel the need to showcase these games so quickly! Can't see any of the games coming from the studios they bought last year releasing any time soon. Assuming a 3 year dev time minimum, I wouldn't expect them to release until 2022, possibly later from The Initiative (presumably working on a larger scale project) and Obsidian (who haven't finished Outer Worlds yet).

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they gonna go with the "just show it really early" type hype.

I'm here for it.

Just got to execute better this time around. :P

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Let's count:
- Halo Infinite
- Gears 5
- Gears Tactics
- Minecraft: Dungeons
- Minecraft
- Wasteland 3
- The Outer Worlds
- Sea of Thieves
- Forza Horizon 4
- Ninja Theory's next game
- Battletoads
- Master Chief Collection
- Age of Empires 2 or 3?
- Age of Empires 4
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps

15 games. Guess Age of Empires 4 isn't happening.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
uu9pmDP.gif