• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackpot

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Pro-life"

Paraguayan rape victim, 14, dies giving birth

A 14-year-old rape victim has died during childbirth in Paraguay, where abortion is forbidden unless giving birth threatens the life of the mother.

Her baby is stable but relying on a breathing machine, the medical team told the Guardian. The girl, who has not been named, had been hospitalized for 20 days because of pregnancy complications when she went into labor.
A 37-year-old man who raped and impregnated the girl was arrested on Thursday, according to Ricardo González Borgne, the head of the the National Secretariat for Children and Adolescents (SNNA).

They were attempting an emergency caesarean section when the girl suffered an embolism, three cardiac arrests and then died.

"It was very sudden. They attempted advanced resuscitation in intensive care, but we could not save her. Her body was not ready for a pregnancy," Hernán Martínez, the director of the National Hospital of Itauguá, told local media.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...2/paraguayan-rape-victim-14-dies-giving-birth

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I would be so well adjusted to find out 15 years later I was a rape baby who killed my mom and trash talked to about it within state sponsored foster systems.

Don't mind me playing with this knife.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So not only was the poor girl was raped but she ended up getting pregnant and was forced to keep the child and in doing so she ended up dying, with the baby not fairing any better.

So the government, the rapist and religion pretty much sentenced her to death, thus ending her short life.

So sad.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
That's just insane. RIP the poor girl. Now there's another life that will have to suffer... This is sad.

marimo

Oct 25, 2017
Giving birth always "threatens the life of the mother." What a stupid-ass criterion.

Mimosa97

Oct 25, 2017
The rapist should be tried for murder. Also fuck anyone who thinks this was God's plan. The christian faith is still responsible for so much pain and cruelty in Latin America.

I hope they can save the poor baby. Starting you life breathing through a machine ...

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Strange how "pro-life" so often ends up being "pro-death", almost as if they don't really care about human lives at all, but have ulterior motives.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I want to throw out a hot take about how fucked religion is in general but there are no words for this really. RIP. That poor child is gone and left a baby behind. What the hell.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Giving birth always "threatens the life of the mother." What a stupid-ass criterion.
It's more life threatening when your body hasn't fully developed. You ever see a pregnant teen and wonder how the hell that baby is going to come out of such a small person? It's crazy. Child birth puts tons of stress on the body. Imagine a teen girl having to deal with that. An adult women can barely handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.