• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Nice to see the game get some recognition. It most definitely deserves it.

Sorry if this wasn't thread worthy.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Great. It's my GOTY so far. I'm at chapter 11 now and doing all the side content as it unlocks.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I've always wondered how games that have staggered release dates get considered for awards. Does it just encompass everything released since the last award ceremony?

Judgment (Judge Eyes) came out back in December but then had that fiasco with Pierre Taki that caused it to get pulled from shelves/re-released.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I've always wondered how games that have staggered release dates get considered for awards. Does it just encompass everything released since the last award ceremony?

Judgment (Judge Eyes) came out back in December but then had that fiasco with Pierre Taki that caused it to get pulled from shelves/re-released.
Golden Joysticks is UK based so they are using the Western release date.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
It's... September...

Edit: it's my favorite game of the year so far, and I voted for it without hesitation, but nevertheless it's September

Amakuni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I didnt care for it. The detective portions were tedious and unfun. The story was cliched and lacked much of the campus goofy of the main series. Also this is like the 6th ps4 yakuza game which uses the exact same map and engine. It's getting old.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

That only happened for the Japanese release. The western version just came out 2 months ago.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I didnt care for it. The detective portions were tedious and unfun. The story was cliched and lacked much of the campus goofy of the main series. Also this is like the 6th ps4 yakuza game which uses the exact same map and engine. It's getting old.
Next Yakuza release which is called Yakuza: Like a Dragon will take place in an entirely new city and feature a completely new turn based combat style.

Amakuni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Next Yakuza release which is called Yakuza: Like a Dragon will take place in an entirely new city and feature a completely new turn based combat style.

I know. I'm excited and looking forward to it. Hopefully, the turned based combat will be rich and deep enough to compliment the dense environments these games are known for.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
You just remind me i beat every yakuza game, but still haven't touch judgement.... i think it will be my next game :)

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Is the game better than yakuza? I haven't started yet, kind of hoping for a pc release...

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Congratulations to the team! The first 40% was a bit of a slog, but things are really picking up now. Definitely top tier work by RGS!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, my game of the year... 2018 that is, I was as always too impatient to wait for its release and picked up the Japanese version. Its a great game, and I doubt anything will come close to Yakuza 7 being my GOTY next year (and yes, I am aware what else is out next year).

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
What a phenomenal trajectory RGG Studio have been on for the last few years. Amazing. Glad to see it. Now release Judgement on PC please so I can play it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game and I'm still yet to start it :(

Big fan of Yakuza too

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I wish it was for me, as a big Yakuza fan. But it wasn't; in fact, it was a huge disappointment that I had to force myself to finish (I need to stop doing that). I would have to go with RE2 for my GOTY.